Man almost gets beheaded at The Boat Race!

CumbrianRam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A beheading would have made it memorable. I watched it and can't help but thinking how over-hyped this piece of crap is. It's like America having a 'World Series' that only they are involved in. Have a proper race, not just a load of foreign 'ringers' brought in so a load of toffs can have bragging rights over some bullshit that doesn't matter.

Pretty pointless when the oar breaks too. The umpire(?) screamed for them to part for the entire race only for them to crash.

[url=http://elitismleadstotyranny.squarespace.com/]http://elitismleadst...quarespace.com/

E[size=3]LITISM LEADS TO TYRANNY [/size]

THIS IS A PROTEST, AN ACT OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, A METHODOLOGY OF REFUSING AND RESISTANCE. THIS ACT HAS EMPLOYED GUERRILLA TACTICS. I AM SWIMMING INTO THE BOATS IN THE HOPE I CAN STOP THEM FROM COMPLETING THE RACE AND PROPOSING THE RETURN OF SURPRISE TACTICS. THIS IS ‘PEACEFUL’ ... I HAVE NO WEAPONS (DON’T SHOOT!) MY ONLY FEAR, IS NOT SWIMMING FAST ENOUGH TO GET IN THE RIGHT POSITION TO PREVENT THE BOATS.

Eh?

Ah, well erm, it's just a guy against elitism.

(too long, didn't read).

Started reading it and, admirable though the sentiment was, it's a guy stopping a boat race. Not the biggest strike against authority I've heard of.

And it was very long, and I got a bit bored and gave in.

A beheading would have made it memorable. I watched it and can't help but thinking how over-hyped this piece of crap is. It's like America having a 'World Series' that only they are involved in. Have a proper race, not just a load of foreign 'ringers' brought in so a load of toffs can have bragging rights over some bullshit that doesn't matter.

Pretty pointless when the oar breaks too. The umpire(?) screamed for them to part for the entire race only for them to crash.

I've been saying this exact same thing for a while now. Complete nonsense. I do agree with the guys protest against elitism, shame it wasn't on a larger scale.

Archived