New Role for shaun barker tatical coach

B4ev6is

hey guys while shaun barker is injuried maybe he can sit from the stands, and have him make notes for nigal on what he thinks that might change a game, and why not it shall take his mind of his tebble injury he has right now and might even be able to spot players we might be even able to buy or get on a free transfear or even maybe a season long loan for next season. I think this would be a great idea for him and for the club.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaun Barker wouldn't know where to start regarding tactics, afterall he is out of position 70% of the time..

And also I don't know how SB can pickout a decent passer of the ball and some creativity in midfield when he can't even pickout a simple 5 yeard pass..

You never know though B4, Shaun Barker could be the next Marcelo Bielsa

what i mean is might be able spot a player we already have who could change instant, or mabe even spot a formation that could work better or see a weakness in oppisition defance that we could punish, i think shaun barker is a good player and a great defander.

Bris your comments are ridiculous at times. I'm not a professional footballer. Nor are you. But that doesn't mean we can't judge a good footballer as we don't have the skills ourselves. B4 I can see where you are coming from. Better doing something productive for his wages than sitting on FIFA all day. Light duties kinda thing.

And also I don't know how SB can pickout a decent passer of the ball and some creativity in midfield when he can't even pickout a simple 5 yeard pass..

Bet he can pass the ball better than you can...so how do you know he can't pass the ball? How can you tell when someone has?

For all we know, Shaun Barker might be able to spot the next Messi without seeing anyone even touch a ball.

But then again, he might not.

You're probably right, Barker wouldn't be a brilliant scout, but you're right for the wrong reasons 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

but does not extra eye of a bird eye view of things

Why Shaun Barker though, Nigel has staff up there already and could ask anyone at the club pretty much to do it. I know Barker sounds very intelligent in his interviews, but that doesn't make him part of the coaching staff.

Give the job to someone qualified, I'd say. And if we haven't already, I'd be seriously concerned. But you always see blue-tracksuited men in the Directors' box anyway.

Bris your comments are ridiculous at times. I'm not a professional footballer. Nor are you. But that doesn't mean we can't judge a good footballer as we don't have the skills ourselves. B4 I can see where you are coming from. Better doing something productive for his wages than sitting on FIFA all day. Light duties kinda thing.

I appologise my comment was slightly tongue in cheek.. I just didn't add the smilie..

And Duracell, I'd have you know my passes are actually quite accurate.. Whilst Barker is clearly a better footballer than I could ever be, I think I can actually pass the ball better than him.. That's thanks to lots of 5 a side matches..

i think he is meant to be doing some commentary work with RD next season. as for the debate of only the best players can be good coaches heres 2.

Diego Maradona, arguably the best player of all time. not so great a coach.

Alex Ferguson, not so great a player but arguably the best manager ever.

Sean barker might be a tactical genius when not pressured in a game situation and with a better view of the game.

I thought Barker had benefitted from his long spell watching this season - Stronger and a better reading of the game

You don't get stronger or have better reading of the game by sitting on your backside watching games. You get that through training and playing.

Archived