Derbyshire CCC

smiffy

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I am ashamed to say that I was informed of Derbyshire's great efforts this season today by a lad from Kent! Well done Derbyshire, it is in your hands but whatever happens now you have had a great season- am I right in thinking that Don Amott threw his toys out of the pram and has nothing to do with the club anymore?

I am ashamed to say that I was informed of Derbyshire's great efforts this season today by a lad from Kent! Well done Derbyshire, it is in your hands but whatever happens now you have had a great season- am I right in thinking that Don Amott threw his toys out of the pram and has nothing to do with the club anymore?

Well he stepped down as Chairman, but I'm not sure whether he's still involved with the Committee or not.

Nice quote at the time of his stepping down though;

Only one thing is now certain and this is that Amott's time as chairman is up but he says he leaves Derbyshire a lasting legacy.

"This club is going to be financially secure for another 100 years and I can be proud of that," he said.

"I think we will know in the next 12 months what a great job I have done. That's what I leave behind."

Archived