Football rivalry survey

FuriousFox46

Hello Derby fans!

I am currently running an online football rivalry survey and have only had no rams partake so far!

Please fill in the 7 short questions if you have the time.

Thank you and good luck for the rest of the season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K7WMRYJ

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=2]I've had 123 Derby fans respond and your rivalry ranking is as follows;

1 - Nottingham Forest

2 - Leeds United

3 - Leicester City

4 - Liverpool

5 - Stoke City

59% of Derby fans believe the club 'belongs' in the Premier League.

83% of Derby fans support their local team.

55% of Derby fans believe that they are the biggest club, outside of the Premier League.

Burton Albion are the most popular 'second team' among Derby fans.[/size]

[size=2]I've had 123 Derby fans respond and your rivalry ranking is as follows;

1 - Nottingham Forest

2 - Leeds United

3 - Leicester City

4 - Liverpool

5 - Stoke City

59% of Derby fans believe the club 'belongs' in the Premier League.

83% of Derby fans support their local team.

55% of Derby fans believe that they are the biggest club, outside of the Premier League.

Burton Albion are the most popular 'second team' among Derby fans.[/size]

Those figures aren't too bad actually, I was suspecting higher percentages as we do have a lot of deluded supporters out there.. But then again we're not alone.

No idea where Liverpool has come from but the other 4 are bang on.. Stoke, Forest, Leicester and Leeds Utd all have reason to be rivals (given we had to choose, I don't class Leicester or Stoke as rivals more just a local game but I understand other fans might feel differently)

83% support their local team.. Goes to show we don't have many other fans outside of Derby (of that 17% I'd be pretty sure 90% is through family connections)

Over half think we're the biggest club outside of the PL.. Well, firstly we're not.. Secondly, this figure doesn't suprise me, I'd say more than 75% of Forest, Leeds and West Ham would think they're the biggest club outside of the PL. Birmingham and Southampton would probably have around 50% aswell.

Burton Albion is a no-brainer.. Next would probably be Alfreton Town.

Are leeds fans really bothered about us or is the rivalry just one way?

Entirely one way - Leeds fans (in their partial delusion) see themselves as one of the biggest 6/7 teams in the country - their focus is on Manu & Chelsea with some Yorkshire ire reserved for Sheff Utd.

They are aware we dislike them but most Leeds fans I've spoken to actually quite like us - perception of us being a well supported team with a bit of history & an away day out that is better than most of the grounds they've played at post-Premiership

To the Leicester fan - no idea why Liverpool is in the top 5 "rival" sides. There is absolutely no rivalry between Derby & Liverpool. I think some folks have just answered in terms of which teams they dislike the most - in which case you may as well stick in Manu, Chelsea et al. Therefore, you may as well as delete the scousers from the list.

My top 5;

1. Forest

2. Leeds

3. Leicester

4. Stoke

5. Sheff Utd

Archived