Derby County v Ipswich Town

ladyram

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not really. Naylor had a shocker unfortunately, Better second half but Theo mystifies me as does the hard things well then seems to lose concentration. He must be a nightmare to play alongside. IMo Hendrick, Ben Davies and Wardy had good games. Would like to Mason given a bit of matchtime

My Ratings

Fielding - 7

Naylor - 5

Roberts - 7

Shackell - 7

Buxton - 6

Green - 6

Bryson - 8

Hendrick - 6

Davies - 5

Ward - 6

Robinson - 7

I'd of given Bucko a 7, Bryson 7 and Davies a 6.

No one played amazing, only Naylor had a stinker.

Doesn't seem to be a balance in our play, we hoof it long all game but if you pick points out in the game at times we can play very good football. Frank made some good saves but his kicking isn't improving at all. Would of liked to have seen Bennett given some game time. I think it's encouraging when you see how far this team has come though, we'd have lost this game convincingly 12 months ago with our current line up in my opinion. We finally look like an average NPC team instead of a below average one!

Happy with it, slow steps and all that. (as long as the slow steps are ones going forward).

I'd of given Bucko a 7, Bryson 7 and Davies a 6.

No one played amazing, only Naylor had a stinker.

Doesn't seem to be a balance in our play, we hoof it long all game but if you pick points out in the game at times we can play very good football. Frank made some good saves but his kicking isn't improving at all. Would of liked to have seen Bennett given some game time. I think it's encouraging when you see how far this team has come though, we'd have lost this game convincingly 12 months ago with our current line up in my opinion. We finally look like an average NPC team instead of a below average one!

Happy with it, slow steps and all that. (as long as the slow steps are ones going forward).

I hope you're happy with the improvement rather than being happy with being an average NPC side..

I completely missed the game today so I can't give an opinion either way but the side that NC put out looked really unbalanced.. Was Ward playing as a striker? Or in the hole?

The line-up looked like we had 4 CM playing accross the midfield 4 with Ward drifting behind Theo.. Being as Theo isn't a target man and can't hold up the ball for toffee and our midfield rarely strive for the box I was wondering where our goals were going to come from.. I'm really not sure what NC was trying to do with that line-up

I hope you're happy with the improvement rather than being happy with being an average NPC side..

I completely missed the game today so I can't give an opinion either way but the side that NC put out looked really unbalanced.. Was Ward playing as a striker? Or in the hole?

The line-up looked like we had 4 CM playing accross the midfield 4 with Ward drifting behind Theo.. Being as Theo isn't a target man and can't hold up the ball for toffee and our midfield rarely strive for the box I was wondering where our goals were going to come from.. I'm really not sure what NC was trying to do with that line-up

Happy with both points, for now. I've been sick to death of coming away from Pride Park disappointed more often than not in recent years and I was praying for a bit of mediocrity rather than absolute utter *****. Think we've just about hit the nail on the head. Good stepping stone.

As for Ward, played as a striker but ended up dropping deep, going wide etc. seemed to have a free role with Theo always being the last man.

B.Davies is a wide midfield player. Ideally you would play with a WM and a winger for balance. As S.Davies and Ball weren't available, he didn't want to play Robinson and Tyson as they are too similar. I think the idea was Ward drops off Robinson and either plays little balls through to him or runs at their defence. it took Ward 20 minutes to get used to the role, then we started creating chances. It's the same midfield that we have played through most of march, which has done well.We missed S.Davies though. r

What did Shackell do better than Buxton today?

His passing was better. Buxton nearly gave a goal away with a poor pass. When Chopra turned Buxton 8 yards out, Shackell got back and blocked the shot. He nearly scored too.

A few have said Naylor was poor today. Just goes to show how opinions vary. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

4 or 5 of us were saying what a good find he was and how comfortable he looked on the ball......We sit in the East stand and made a point of watching him during the 2nd half. He defended well, linked up, got forward and nearly always found a white shirt. He put one thunderous tackle in, hurt himself but got up and ran it off.

I left the game thinking he was ok apart from being a bit ginger. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Archived