Realistic goals for the end of this season and the next

alexxxxx

All this building thing is nonsense.. There's no such thing as constant improvement in the NPC.. Look at Millwall and Forest, they went from top 8 and challenging to bottom 8 and struggling in one season..

We could have a marvellous finish to the season and then finish 19th next season..

The 3 teams that have improved the most this year are Derby, Watford and Palace.. Are these 3 all going to be top half next season? I doubt it..

I think all we can do now is enjoy the last games regardless of where we finish and build for next season.. Who knows where we'll finish next season.. We could end up being relegated.

You have to think, how may teams would be happy just to stay up? With a few more established teams coming up (Charlton, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Huddlesfield etc.), I can only think of perhaps Millwall, Coventry and Peterborough who would be happy to just stay in the league.. Every other team will fancy a 'year of improvement' and a playoff push..

Overachieving could be disastrous for NC.. When people start expecting top 10 finishes the pressure is going to mount on him if we have a season similar to what Forest and Millwall are having now.

I agree with much of this. You can't guarantee progress year on year, and in this league two defeats or wins can make a difference of 10 places, and therefore people's perceptions of whether its a good or bad season. I can't see us going up anytime soon with the combination of our board and manager. Board won't invest the necessary funds and (I'll whisper this) a better manager I think could have had us much nearer the top six than we are now.

Anyway, to answer the thread title: to win as many games as possible, and to win as many games as possible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds ram I assume the three first teamers you say we will/potentially lose for nothing are

Roberts - Clough already said we will offer him something

Green - down to wages no rumours yet about clubs wanting him

S Davies- the club has an option for an extra year so i think he will stay. http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2288181,00.html

Without going into the details of the fixture list - IF we pick up all 6 points over Easter our position should look very good indeed - maybe even knocking on the top 6.

As for next year, well now everything has been sorted ie deadwood / wages etc we shall see what this board is about.

Im hoping for a significant investment in the summer and a definate push for promotion - time will tell.

Leeds ram I assume the three first teamers you say we will/potentially lose for nothing are

Roberts - Clough already said we will offer him something

Green - down to wages no rumours yet about clubs wanting him

S Davies- the club has an option for an extra year so i think he will stay. [url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2288181,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...2288181,00.html

No to the last and include Barker. (my wording could probably have been better)

As you say, the other two depends on offers from other clubs.

I would be happy if we stayed in the championship 3 more years and then went and did a Swansea/Norwich. Rather than end up like QPR/Wigan/Wolves for 2 seasons.

You say do a Norwich/Swansea rather than a Wolves/Wigan ... Norwich and Swansea are in their first season, whats to say they wont be another Wolves next year? Look at Birmingham a few years ago, first season finished about 8th much like Norwich/Swansea ... next season relegation.

Realistic- Mid table. -due to depth and overall quality of squad and injuries.

Would be nice- closer to the top 6- improvement in playing staff and not many important injuries.

Dream land as it stands- Top 6 and pushing for promotion- significant improvement in playing staff, no important injuries and a big slice of luck.

This season top half needs to be the aim, we have a fairly easy run in and would be less than impressed if we fell asleep now!

Next season, I'm not sure what to expect in the summer.. I am dreading it in honesty, think we'll be back in a relegation dogfight!

This season top half needs to be the aim, we have a fairly easy run in and would be less than impressed if we fell asleep now!

Next season, I'm not sure what to expect in the summer.. I am dreading it in honesty, think we'll be back in a relegation dogfight!

I appreciate that that nobody knows how well we will compete next season but I'd have thought we will make little or no progress without a commanding central midfield player and a quick, attacking right sided midfield player. That's assuming that we can keep hold of our better players as well. It all sounds unlikely to me.

The only difference between my view and some of the other comments expressed on here is that I don't necessarily blame anyone. We're treading water until the accounts say otherwise. It's going to take longer than we hoped.

I appreciate that that nobody knows how well we will compete next season but I'd have thought we will make little or no progress without a commanding central midfield player and a quick, attacking right sided midfield player. That's assuming that we can keep hold of our better players as well. It all sounds unlikely to me.

The only difference between my view and some of the other comments expressed on here is that I don't necessarily blame anyone. We're treading water until the accounts say otherwise. It's going to take longer than we hoped.

After looking at the recent accounts, that barely looks possible... 7 million pound loss this year is quite frightening when you think how much we've been cutting costs, and our debt has increased to 25million from 19, although it is interest free... come next season, another 7million pound loss and our debt goes upto 32, and so on and so forth.

This summer is going to be a horrible one for us, rumours are that Shackell is to be sold off because of the financial situation although I don't believe it, its not sending positive vibes out about next season. The only noises coming out of the club are about cutting costs and having nothing in terms of money to spend... how long till players start asking questions, can't be good to be playing for a club that openly admits its lack of ambition to move forward.

It's a mortgage on a ground that can only be used as a sports ground.

I think that debt is just a bargaining chip for the banks to ensure they get any other Loans paid. Call it in and force administration on unwanted owners who are in trouble.

It was put in place when PG and the LOG took over to replace the loan to ABC corporation of Panama I think

Pretty sure the ground will be remortgaged when in 2016 when it's due for repayment

It's pretty dire whichever way you look at it, very little chance of improvement, debts piling up as per Forest (although they shouldn't be running so high when the wages of Bywater et al finish in the summer), a poor uninspiring manager who tends to fall out with players at the drop of a hat, clubs coming down from the prem awash with money.

For all the money GSE have put in it's mostly been squandered on average to mediocre to extremely poor players and it looks to me like they've missed the boat completely.

It's pretty dire whichever way you look at it, very little chance of improvement, debts piling up as per Forest (although they shouldn't be running so high when the wages of Bywater et al finish in the summer), a poor uninspiring manager who tends to fall out with players at the drop of a hat, clubs coming down from the prem awash with money.

For all the money GSE have put in it's mostly been squandered on average to mediocre to extremely poor players and it looks to me like they've missed the boat completely.

I am always curious about these statements that I see from certain posters. Tell me - just who are these players that the manager has fallen out with? Or, are you just saying that anyone who has not been selected must have been left out because the manager has fallen out with them?

You say do a Norwich/Swansea rather than a Wolves/Wigan ... Norwich and Swansea are in their first season, whats to say they wont be another Wolves next year? Look at Birmingham a few years ago, first season finished about 8th much like Norwich/Swansea ... next season relegation.

after winning the Carling Cup and getting into Europe on the way......

Archived