Sheffield United Midfielders

chesapeake

As I think most people would agree I reckon we need to improve in this area next season if we are to get better.

I watched Sheff United v Chesterfield on Wednesday and they have 2 midfielders who would really help improve the team. Steven Quinn an excellent working wide player not without skill, certainly a better bet than Green or Davies. Kevin MacDonald is a tall central midfielder, who gets on the ball and constantly moves it forwards quickly and accurately, looks to me to have a lot more in his locker than Bryson or Bailey.

If the Blades fail in their promotion chase then these lads are far too good for league 1 and may be in our range. Has anybody else seen much of these players and comment further in my thinking that they are just what we need.

I know we did well last week but for control in midfield that was the exception not the rule. I do though think Hendrick could become a good player with the right lads around him.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I think most people would agree I reckon we need to improve in this area next season if we are to get better.

I watched Sheff United v Chesterfield on Wednesday and they have 2 midfielders who would really help improve the team. Steven Quinn an excellent working wide player not without skill, certainly a better bet than Green or Davies. Kevin MacDonald is a tall central midfielder, who gets on the ball and constantly moves it forwards quickly and accurately, looks to me to have a lot more in his locker than Bryson or Bailey.

If the Blades fail in their promotion chase then these lads are far too good for league 1 and may be in our range. Has anybody else seen much of these players and comment further in my thinking that they are just what we need.

I know we did well last week but for control in midfield that was the exception not the rule. I do though think Hendrick could become a good player with the right lads around him.

Haha, sorry but are you saying that after ONE game you have found players better than Bailey, Green, Bryson and Bavies? Seriously?

Haha, sorry but are you saying that after ONE game you have found players better than Bailey, Green, Bryson and Bavies? Seriously?

I have seen them on several occasions in fact and they are better players technically without doubt. Whether they would fit into Nigel's way of operating or whether Nigel will be more expansive next season are more of debate than the actual skill and ability of the players.

I could add Ched Evans as well, who is a better striker than any we have but we wouldn't afford him and of course he has other issues to be sorted.

I was at Sheffy United last season when the Rams won. Theo Robinson made his debut and he was the best forward on the pitch by a mile.

If they have some players currently who are doing well I'm sure Andy, Martyn and the lads are checking out the chip butties in scargillshire. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I was at the Game too.. Sheff Utd dont have the greatest players in the world, but they play well.. its strange, I think Ched Evens could be good enough...

Ched Evans didn't exactly set the championship alight last time though. I think he has found his level in league 1.

Ched Evans didn't exactly set the championship alight last time though. I think he has found his level in league 1.

And did cost them 3 million squid, challenges our title with Claude Davis for the most expensive crock of crap ever bought!

Archived