Barker's replacement

adamD

Tyson is good, if you want to get anything out of him though stop using him as a sprinter and use him as a footballer, pace is an asset not the be all and end all!

As for Barkers replacement, o'brien for me along with Buxton and Naylor if we are desperate then keep Addison! As the little money we have could be spent in much more needed areas!

If we was to sign a centre back and centre forward this summer, think I would lose any faith in judgement made by the higher ups at the club!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyson has no ability and skills on the ball at all so he can't be used as a footballer. Though he has no pace now too. I would say Ryan Austin from Burton (6'3'' centre-back) is much faster. He had Tyson in his back pocket all game during pre-season friendly. It's not a secret anymore this F*rest reject was(is) a stupid waste of money by our useless manager. The most annoying thing that everyone knew that Tyson is **** before he was signed... apart from Nigel Clough.

Im worried as dont believe Super Jake or OB are good enough over a season. A few games filling in is different than doing it over 40 odd games. Hopefully we will have a few better players in further up the pitch so we wont be under as much pressure as we have been at times.

Though he has no pace now too. I would say Ryan Austin from Burton (6'3'' centre-back) is much faster. He had Tyson in his back pocket all game during pre-season friendly.

Interesting definition of 'all game', given that Tyson only played 15 minutes of that match. He clearly wasn't any way near fit either. Whenever he's had a chance to run at someone, he's looked as quick as anyone I've ever seen in a Derby shirt - he just needs to do it more often (or the rest of the team need to give him the chance to do it).

• 3 weeks later...

From the little I've seen of Tom Naylor playing at RB the last few weeks, his positioning really concerns me. Against Boro, he consistently drifted too far upfield or inside and was caught out several times; notably their goal (admittedly was in combination with a wonderful through ball though).

But hey, he's young and still learning, would be interested to see whether he seems more accomplished at CB though.

From the little I've seen of Tom Naylor playing at RB the last few weeks, his positioning really concerns me. Against Boro, he consistently drifted too far upfield or inside and was caught out several times; notably their goal (admittedly was in combination with a wonderful through ball though).

But hey, he's young and still learning, would be interested to see whether he seems more accomplished at CB though.

He played as a CB for Mansfield. Don't think he will be that good from what i've seen. And his shorts are too baggy.

Archived