Barker's replacement

adamD

Anyone got any good ideas as to who ill replace him

..im thinkin richie de lat from man utd on a season long loan or ayala (spelling??) on a loan from norwich

i think it would be stupid to buy a perinant as weve got obrien and buxton a back up

any ideas??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree a loan would be ideal, but it depends on the quality. Maybe a cb who can lb too. However buying a cb wouldn't be a disaster as who knows how well Barker will recover.

Also a year is a long time re Shackell's fitness or loss of form.

Best bet IMO would be to try and pick up say a 32 year-old centre-half on a 1 year contract - someone with a bit of experience that knows what they're doing and knows this league. I don't see any point in borrowing someone like De Laet or Ayala, I'd rather give O'Brien and Naylor some first team opportunities than someone else's youngsters.

There will be cb on a free transfer who will have experience and someone we have not though off. I would rather have Addison back in there with OB and Buxton along with Shackell.

Lets get the LB and striker at least sorted. Move tyson to the RW opposite Ward

He is in £25k a week. We could only pay 20% of that.

If he isn't going to play for them again, they will sell him. They would only loan him in August if they couldn't sell him. We need to organise ourselves before then.

{content}
Thing is, he's on a long contract and we all know he is massively overpaid ( I think he knows this too) and that he's nowhere near worth the 5mil fester paid for him.[/indent]

{content}
So why would he leave for a contract worth around 20 grand a week less?. Unless part of the deal was to pay up most of his contract.[/indent]
{content}
I'm sure we could afford 5-7 grand a week for a player and i reckon he'll go for aorund 1.5mill just to get shut.[/indent]

Archived