Returning to the scene of the crime

sage

NC has a history of persuing certain players, making attempts to sign them on more than one occasion, or signing players he has worked with before.

What players that NC has publicly coveted might we try to sign in the summer. I'm not thinking of players we have simply been linked with, instead players NC has commented on.

John Eustace and Martyn Waghorn spring to mind. Any other suggestions?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair would welcome both to the club. Eustace however has signed a new contract and would cost too much for our board in transfer money and wages so don't think that will happen. Waghorn has the speed and power to work. If we did buy Waghorn I would then use Tyson on the wing. I know Savies is injury prone but his strike rate is nothing short of excellent. I would offer another contract to him.

If we did buy Waghorn could see us playing the 4132 formation. With Tyson and Ward on the wing with Bryson in the middle of the three and Hendrick covering the defence. The front two would be any of Savies, Waghorn, Robinson and Ball.

just had to look for him myself. went on loan to hull in august, played ten scored 1 and then went back to fester with a hamstring injury. after that i believe he is still there somewhere. might have gona back to hull on loan.

i noticed clough mentioned eustace in an interview about hendricks progression this year. i hope we don't go back in for him.

i noticed clough mentioned eustace in an interview about hendricks progression this year. i hope we don't go back in for him.

Any reason why?

Alot of Derby fans seem to have something against him. I know he didn't light up the world when he had his loan move here but since then he's been one of the better centre midfielders in the league. Showed our lot up 2 weeks ago too. If we signed him for a reasonable fee and wages in replacement of Green I'd be happy.

Any reason why?

Alot of Derby fans seem to have something against him. I know he didn't light up the world when he had his loan move here but since then he's been one of the better centre midfielders in the league. Showed our lot up 2 weeks ago too. If we signed him for a reasonable fee and wages in replacement of Green I'd be happy.

I think the main reason why is his age- he was too old for some fans last year. With him having had his 400th birthday since we could have signed him I don't think that he would be any better recieved this time.

As a lot of fans barely noticed him during his loan spell, its probably why we're totally underwhelmed when we hear his name being mentioned. Couple with the fact the sort of role he plays in a team then its not going to put bums on seats for next season. To be honest I'd be happy with just one marquee signing, a decent striker, the rest can be wheeling and dealing as far as I'm concerned with the selling of one or two plus maybe losing Green, just one ambitious, attacking, flair/creative player is what I think is needed to get everyone excited again.

I'd be surprised if we didn't offer Steve Davies another contact, he can be thoroughly frustrating, and although his work rate isn't that high, his ability to be in the right place, and finishing ability is superb. He's scored 10 goals this season is 20 odd starts, and would of started more if he hadn't broken his face!

If he hadn't had that injury he may have been pushing for 20 goals, and I think he could be close to that next season, and may force Cloughs hand into offering him another contract, I would be gutted if we lost him.

Waghorn has just started training again after injuring his hamstring last year whilst on loan to Hull.

He has been injured several times over the last few years which has restricted his scoring record. Do we really want to take another 'striker' from a local rival who is likely to spend more time chatting to Sully than actually playing?

Archived