Derby County v Crystal Palace

David

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theo put in an excellent performance as did Green, Hendrick and Bryson. I was nervous when theo grabbed the ball for the peno but he did finish it very well. How many goals has he and Savies got this year, in terms of goals per starts? Must be impressive.

Theo put in an excellent performance as did Green, Hendrick and Bryson. I was nervous when theo grabbed the ball for the peno but he did finish it very well. How many goals has he and Savies got this year, in terms of goals per starts? Must be impressive.

Me too but that is whaty I want to see when we get a penalty, a striker literally running to get the ball, put it on the spot then stick it in the back of the net. Shows that Theo is not short of confidence, nearly scored a cracker in the first half too.

Savies and Robinson have really impressed me this season, they've both stepped up to the plate. I still think we need another "proven" goal scorer with pedigree to join them as lets face it Tyson would be lucky to score 5 in a season, which I think is generous considering his career seems to have been based on moderate success at lowly Wycombe. Nigel's most frustrating signing for me.

PistoldPete2

Steve Davies: 17 starts, 9 goals

Theo Robinson: 22 starts, 11 goals

So we really have our 20 goal a season striker, just that we cant guarantee having them both fit and selected at once. When they are we usually win.

PistoldPete2

They are both not 20 goals a season player because they won't stay fit for a season

No but between them they are 20 goal a season players. To be fair to Theo he could have played more if he had been picked.

If we had two more like them then we would have defo be in the play offs.

Palace aren't a bad team, they concede few goals and so for us to score 3 was very good with all things considered. I wouldn't say they were poor, more that we didn't let them play. We were fighting for every ball and we were actually passing the ball rather than hoofing it around. I really enjoyed the game. Shame we let our foot off the gas in the last 20 mins but hopefully they will learn their lesson. Nice to actually have a few goals to smile about at home. And also chuckling after sending some Palace fans to the Bubbles Spa after they said they wanted a taste of Derby 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived