Adam Legzdins

David

excellent backup for fielding if we ever need, would hate it if he left permenatenly....but at least now at burton he can get some valuable first team time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

oh god, - severn.....please tell me we can recall ledzgings the moment we need him?(e.g. franky injuired)

I must admit i've never seen severn play, or heard much about him, but i do know he's been at derby for quite a few years i'm thinking....and with our terrible history in recent years if he couldnt get in then, he couldnt get in know

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a good keeper, it has been a long time since we had 2 decent ones on the books. It's all very well having a 24 hour recall but what if Frankie gets injured/ sent off during a match (heaven forbid)?

especially now we don't have sav to cover!!! come back sav!

He is a good keeper, it has been a long time since we had 2 decent ones on the books. It's all very well having a 24 hour recall but what if Frankie gets injured/ sent off during a match (heaven forbid)?

Clough mentioned that Shackell would probably deputise in the event that we had no keeper on the bench. Can't remember us going into a match under Clough with no keeper amongst the subs tho'.

So, stick Shack between the sticks - who would play at centre half alongside Buxton? No Barker, no Brayford, no Anderson, No Addison, bit thin on defensive cover again so I can't see that we'd risk not having a keeper on the bench. So if anything happened during a match then it'd be Severn on.

I think Severn is unfairly criticised, seeing as his only contribution in a Rams shirt saw him miss a cross and effectively hand Hull the win, back last March (I think it was March, anyway). Yea, he messed up, but it was his first ever professional game. He will be decent enough cover for the time being.

I think Severn is unfairly criticised, seeing as his only contribution in a Rams shirt saw him miss a cross and effectively hand Hull the win, back last March (I think it was March, anyway). Yea, he messed up, but it was his first ever professional game. He will be decent enough cover for the time being.
I remember him making some decent saves in that game against Hull,

Funny rules around recalling goalkeepers.

Outfield players can't be recalled during the first 28 days of a loan - no matter what recall clauses/agreements are in place. Goalkeepers can be recalled before the 28 days, but only in the event of the club having no professional keepers available. If Severn has a proper contract (and didn't mysteriosly pick up an injury), I don't think that Legzdins could be recalled immediately if Fielding got injured. From day 29 (if the laon was extended) he could then be recalled striaght away.

He should have stayed, just look at how well he played v Forest, there will be a lot of pressure on Severn if the same situation happens in our upcoming games.

Why are people panicking about this. Worst case scenario is we play part of a game with a young keeper. Points aren't vital at this stage. We want to win, but performances and patterns of play are more important now.

Archived