Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

What I like about Austin is that he looks hungry.

He's got that glint in his eye.

He's constantly looking to get a shot off.

This guy is a proper striker.

And look at the goal Tubbs scores in the first video when seen from behind the goal.

scroll to 2mins 50 secs

He takes up a good position but its a brilliant finish with quick feet.

This guy can play at a much higher level.

I'd prefer either to short term meaningless pointless loan deals.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame Gary Madine has gone to Sheff Weds, he was quite impressive in the couple games I watched him play for Carisle United this season.

Very strong and a better, younger version of Kuqi in my opinion.

Maybe....not prolific but 6'5" and mobile....

I think Derby fans would be happy to see the club try and develop a squad of young players rather than loan after loan after loan after loan of players that we then don't seem to want to sign or have the funds to sign.

I think the board would stump up a large some of money (1m+) for a player but they wouldn't dive straight in with a bid, they would treat it like Hooper and it would drag on for months, whilst they make sure it really is the 'right player'

I think the board would stump up a large some of money (1m+) for a player but they wouldn't dive straight in with a bid, they would treat it like Hooper and it would drag on for months, whilst they make sure it really is the 'right player'

i dont think that there's any evidence that they have that sort of cash.

unfortunately......every penny spent seems to have to be matched by incoming fees.

The £250k bid for Ben Davies has an uncanny resemblance to the fee Blackpool say is already agreed for Varney.

Maybe he hasn't shown interest because he knows that there is no chance of buying him....

Same sort of price for Le Fondre yet Nigel has mentioned him, why wouldn't he mention Austin as someone he was interested in?

We've bid more for Hooper than Austin would be worth, so it's not like we wouldn't go for him if he were available.

Same sort of price for Le Fondre yet Nigel has mentioned him, why wouldn't he mention Austin as someone he was interested in?

We've bid more for Hooper than Austin would be worth, so it's not like we wouldn't go for him if he were available.

Could Austin be this player that he's been keeping quite all this time so that no other clubs go in for him and we get first bite as it were?

Could Austin be this player that he's been keeping quite all this time so that no other clubs go in for him and we get first bite as it were?

It wouldn't be a loan deal and he isn't that pacey, so no.

We'll be after our striker in the summer, they know we can't afford to be loaning one in again this season.

Swindon are a league higher and so would more than likely expect more money. Leaving us well out of the running.

We bid along with Celtic. Everyone knew we had no chance of getting him. I'd suggest the people that chose to make the bid did also, knowing that it would look good on their part.

Clough would be interested in Austin for sure.

He has said on a number of occasions that he is interested in any player that was better than the players we already have. Austin and Le Fondre would both fit in there as we only have one out and out striker and thats

the semi fit gangly Porter, who is probably playing through the pain barrier at the moment anyway. No wonder he seems to have no pace,

he`s still injured.

What it comes down to is money.

Whatever Spin Glick comes up with, its clear that Clough has not been offered hardly anything to play with this window. He must be so frustrated. Its a no win situation for him.

When Gibson asked Clough if he had a budget of around 2 million

Clough said, go and ask the powers that be. He has been offered nothing!

Swindon are a league higher and so would more than likely expect more money. Leaving us well out of the running.

We bid along with Celtic. Everyone knew we had no chance of getting him. I'd suggest the people that chose to make the bid did also, knowing that it would look good on their part.

Not that much more, Le Fondre and Austin are being talked about for similiar figures.

I don't think we did. Nigel and Glick were very clear that we weren't in any position to make a bid until we had moved on a striker as we already had six. Hooper had already moved to Celtic before we moved anyone out. I would suggest that we never made any bid for Hooper. Glick only mentioned a bid (a double Barker) months after when people started asking why we had the Mox in the box and a place in the bottom three.

All the evidence since indicates that we have no money to buy players without selling first. If we bid £2m for Hooper, most of that should be available still as we've also sold Hulse since, and that should have financed the loans.

I think the 'We have six strikers' line was to appease fans who wondered why there was no deal being done, as they knew they weren't getting anywhere fast with the Hooper deal.

When Nigel came out and said that Ssausagehorpe were asking for too much for Hooper, who is to say we didn't bid then. We get rejected, told to pay £2m+ and while trying to negotiate Celtic come in and make the deal.

Hulses fee was, to my understanding, almost spot on the fee for Buenos loan. So I do think that money is still available, but I don't think they like spending in January while prices are high. I am waiting on the summer. If we don't have a striker in by then without a damn good explanation then I will be worried. But I think we will have.

Only time will tell. For the moment, i'd like to see the types of name that are being banded about currently. Paterson/Waghorn/King etc on loan.

I think the 'We have six strikers' line was to appease fans who wondered why there was no deal being done, as they knew they weren't getting anywhere fast with the Hooper deal.

When Nigel came out and said that Ssausagehorpe were asking for too much for Hooper, who is to say we didn't bid then. We get rejected, told to pay £2m+ and while trying to negotiate Celtic come in and make the deal.

Hulses fee was, to my understanding, almost spot on the fee for Buenos loan. So I do think that money is still available, but I don't think they like spending in January while prices are high. I am waiting on the summer. If we don't have a striker in by then without a damn good explanation then I will be worried. But I think we will have.

Only time will tell. For the moment, i'd like to see the types of name that are being banded about currently. Paterson/Waghorn/King etc on loan.

I think we enquired and were quoted something over £2m. I suspect that the plan was to make a bid once Commons and Hulse had been sold (Nigel said that there was a good chance that both wouln't be around for this season) - but that bit didn't go according to plan and Celtic got him before anything else happened so no bid. Certainly, I think that there is enough doubt to make statement like, 'We've bid more for Hooper' appear pretty untenable. It is not a 'fact' that we bid at all, and if we did it probably wasn't the £2m that is being peddled as fact.

I think we enquired and were quoted something over £2m. I suspect that the plan was to make a bid once Commons and Hulse had been sold (Nigel said that there was a good chance that both wouln't be around for this season) - but that bit didn't go according to plan and Celtic got him before anything else happened so no bid. Certainly, I think that there is enough doubt to make statement like, 'We've bid more for Hooper' appear pretty untenable. It is not a 'fact' that we bid at all, and if we did it probably wasn't the £2m that is being peddled as fact.

I don't know where i've got this from, but I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Hulse leaving meant Commons was staying? Have I got that right? That may well have been just what I thought at the time though, not sure..........

Anyway, if Glick says we did bid I would have to say that we did, as I don't think he's in a position to lie. If found out, everything hes said can be brought into question, so I don't believe he lied. And it probably wasn't £2m on the dot, more like around it, so just below it. Shaun Barker cost us £900,000 so could have been £1.8m.

I don't know where i've got this from, but I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Hulse leaving meant Commons was staying? Have I got that right? That may well have been just what I thought at the time though, not sure..........

Anyway, if Glick says we did bid I would have to say that we did, as I don't think he's in a position to lie. If found out, everything hes said can be brought into question, so I don't believe he lied. And it probably wasn't £2m on the dot, more like around it, so just below it. Shaun Barker cost us £900,000 so could have been £1.8m.

I don't recall reading anything about Commons staying because Hulse was sold.

I would suggest that taking everything that Tom Glick says/writes as being completely true is somewhat naive. Especially when there is considerable contradictory evidence.

Don't forget that Mr Glick's job is to maintain the flow of management fees to GSE. This involves ensuring that costs are kept below income and soaking up any pressure from fans before the owners become inconvenienced by bad PR or direct protests. Its his job to say what you want to hear.

I think the ownership structure is the root cause of our problems. The owners - the people who would need to provide funds or authorise taking on debt for squad investment - are too far removed from the club. They are isolated by GSE, who are in turn isolated by Tom Glick.

I don't recall reading anything about Commons staying because Hulse was sold.

I would suggest that taking everything that Tom Glick says/writes as being completely true is somewhat naive. Especially when there is considerable contradictory evidence.

Don't forget that Mr Glick's job is to maintain the flow of management fees to GSE. This involves ensuring that costs are kept below income and soaking up any pressure from fans before the owners become inconvenienced by bad PR or direct protests. Its his job to say what you want to hear.

I think the ownership structure is the root cause of our problems. The owners - the people who would need to provide funds or authorise taking on debt for squad investment - are too far removed from the club. They are isolated by GSE, who are in turn isolated by Tom Glick.

Might just have been my view then, ignore that comment.

I don't take everything as 100% true, but I don't believe he'd lie in such a bare-faced way. And the club will always make a loss, the wage bill is settled now and won't be reduced further. While we're in this league, the investors will make no money.

I would agree that they are too far removed, but GSE are working as the gap and let them know what money needs spending and where. I think this type of ownership works, but I would like to see one of the major investors come down for the weekend and actually be talked to directly about their investment.

Archived