Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

Loan centre half, Daniel Ayala maybe ?

Just putting two and two together and probably coming up with 5 but Liverpool youngster Danny Ayala could be the possible loan defender nigel has been talking about.

Was talking to a mate at work who's a Liverpool fan and he pointed out that Ayala was on loan with hull earlier this season. He picked up a knock there and they didn't treat it properly so Liverpool won't loan him back to them despite being keen for him to go back out on loan to get more experience

He's due to be fit at the end of January which coincides with what was saying about the target being fit in about 10 days.

Would be nice as he's a pretty decent player

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just putting two and two together and probably coming up with 5 but Liverpool youngster Danny Ayala could be the possible loan defender nigel has been talking about.

Was talking to a mate at work who's a Liverpool fan and he pointed out that Ayala was on loan with hull earlier this season. He picked up a knock there and they didn't treat it properly so Liverpool won't loan him back to them despite being keen for him to go back out on loan to get more experience

He's due to be fit at the end of January which coincides with what was saying about the target being fit in about 10 days.

Would be nice as he's a pretty decent player

I would be happy with this loan. Looked decent from the limited amount i have seen him play.

Not that much more, Le Fondre and Austin are being talked about for similiar figures.

The amount that is talked about and the amout that teams want for a player are usually different.

We talked about £250k fior Davies. Notts then pointed and laughed at it.

Kevin Phillips anyone???

I know,he aint fast,but he`s a proven goalscorer.

Was saying he was looking for football,if Birmingham brought in another forward.

I believe Brum are after John Carew,and this looks a defo,should Bent sign at Villa.

I would definitely like Phillips,aswell as a pacey striker.

Do we need a young player with potential, or do we need someone proven who can make a positive impact immediately.....?

I reckon Ayala can make a positive immediate impact. He is a very good player from what I've seen and would fit in perfectly with us trying to play football from the back

nigel could do worse than looking at the exeter midfield. been very impressed with them tonight. we've been linked with harley in the past but he's not playing tonight. noble and sercombe look impressive

Harley wasn't in the squad due to Exeter recieving bids for him, so he looks on his way out...

Harley wasn't in the squad due to Exeter recieving bids for him, so he looks on his way out...

We have already got a bid in for Harley, but it has been rejected. He is out of contract in the summer, so lets just get back in and pay what Exeter want, this boy is a playmaker and we need one badly.

Come on board it will only take 300k ish.

It seems we're pretty good at making bids, most just happen to fall well sort of the valuation of the host club or we can't agree personal terms. We've put 2 pathetic bids in for Davies from Notts County according to their chairman.

In a way it's a good thing going in under the valuation, in the past we have spent way too much on some players by going in over their valuation and their clubs laughing all the way to the bank whilst we plunge further into debt.

Its a good tactic to use in the summer and if your not battling with other clubs, whereas at this point in the season there isn't much time to mess around with fees, we need players in now and not on deadline day

With the Davies deal the goalposts can't be too far apart..

It's common knowledge, one team bids low, the other team has a high valuation, you meet in the middle..

I'm pretty sure had we bid 250k and Notts County say they want 1.5mill we'd just back out, as somewhere in the middle $900/$1mill would be too high..

We've gone back in with another bid, I think Notts County will want around $900k but would settle for $650k/$700k (ish)..

Obviously clubs like Man City will put in a bid, have it rejected then just meet whatever the other club wants.. They probably bid $20mill for Dzeko, got told Wolfsburg want $27mill and just decided OK.. $27mill it is!

Has anyone read Peter Ridsdales autobiagrophy?

Goes into depth his tenure as Leeds Utd chairman, and how hey ended up in so much debt.. One key signing was Micheal Bridges from Sunderland..(I'm not 100% sure on the figures but) Leeds offered roughly $3mill, didn't want to go higher than $4.5mill but Sunderland wouldn't budge on something like $6mill.. Peter Ridsdale was ready to walk away when David O'Leary (manager) then stepped in and said 'Deal' to $6mill.. Just shows how careless some people can be, especially when it's not their money! Paul Jewell/Billy Davies take note!

Not sure why you are using dollars Bris or have you done the math and converted into pound sterling?

I fully advocate sensible bidding but a haggler will pay more than a negotiator. Don't get peoples' backs up by taking the piss basically.

Not sure why you are using dollars Bris or have you done the math and converted into pound sterling?

I fully advocate sensible bidding but a haggler will pay more than a negotiator. Don't get peoples' backs up by taking the piss basically.

It's not intended as dollars, just a currency sign.. I along with my laptop are not of UK residency and I was being a tad lazy by not wanting to copy and paste the pound sterling sign.. Appologies.

I agree, a haggler will pay more than a negotiator.. However, was it clear in the first place how much it would take to prize him away? If not, I assume a bid of 250k was a different way of saying how much?

Those that state 'he's not for sale' or 'He's not going anwhere' ie. Newcastle with Andy Carroll are simply using this method as they don't want to give off a figure at how much he costs nor do they want to start any negotiations..Basically they're covering themselves as they have no reasonable back up plan should someone like Man City bid 30mill.. In which they'd be brain dead not to accept.

If Notts County have given us a figure, even if it's unrealistic ie.2.5mill at least they're starting some sort of negotiation which indicates they'd be willing to sell.

Just reading through my posts probably shouldn't be in this section or on this thread.. Ben Davies has his own thread..

A striker is definately needed.. We've had 3 strikers this year, all with good attributes and bad attributes..

Luke Moore was good at linking the play but struggled to retain high balls and was quoted by some as 'lazy'

Chris Porter is useless in the air IMO and has the pace of a OXX. However, is a decent finisher but doesn't drag players out of position.. Too static.

Kuqi wasn't a good finisher.. However, dragged players out of position by with his bull style running and was decent(ish) in the air.. He was a neusance and IMO contibuted more than the other 2.. Results suggest this also.

So stating the obvious we need a mixture of the 3.. Roman Bedner at WBA?

Archived