Conor Doyle injured? It just gets worse!

Catch 23

We've only seen Maguire on a couple of occasions and it's obvious he is a much better footballer than Conor Doyle.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clough is being harsh on Maguire to mature him a little, throwing his toys out of the pram when he was subbed would not have sat well with him. Clough has said that Maguire is still one for the future and Maguire has said that he wants to catch the eye at Pompey to give himself a chance of a first team place at Derby. If he shows he is hungry for it then I am sure that Clough will give him a chance.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people have to be so harsh all the time?

Doyle came to us from college football in Dallas. He's improved quite a bit since he joined us, has also broke into two international youth squads (take a pick) and worked his socks off to get into the first team. One bad game and everybody calls for his head.

Gutted for him, seems to always happen to our players at the worst possible times. Hope he gets another chance to prove himself in the not so distant future.

I don't really think we have seen enough of him to make judgement on how good he is. He's not really had a decent run in the team. From what I can gather he works hard in training and has a great attitude towards the team. I am guessing this is why he has ended up on the bench over some other players. Shame about his injury. I would be interested to see if he could do a job for us.

Archived