Atmosphere v Forest

1996RAM

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be nice but I doubt it unfortunately. If it had been 2500 it may have been considered. Would have been an idea to print some leaflets or something to hand out at the game

The club were always aware of what was happening. We have to see if the demand is there in their eyes. If they feel it is not then this will be the next step.

It probably boils down to cost more than anything- as long as people are going to buy a season ticket anyway why should they spend any money changing things around? I hope they do listen but I son't think they will be spending any money on moving things and changing the safety certificates etc

The club were always aware of what was happening. We have to see if the demand is there in their eyes. If they feel it is not then this will be the next step.

I don't see why you'll need too many signitures. Its not going to effect everyone, just the people in the SE corner and partly the East stand. Hopefully 1400 should be fine.

Just wanted to say Pride Park was electric last night! I've never seen anything like it! All the supporters were singing and up for it last night!( Even the west stand were up and going for it!!) Well done to everyone,memorable night!

Absolutely agree - it just shows what a bit of unity can do. There were a few things I noticed and I'd like to share them with you all.

The atmosphere outside the ground before KO was tangible, watching from a distance with excited anticipation all the florests arriving as their coaches streamed in, knowing that PP was going to be packed an hour later.

Getting a real sense of the occassion, made all the better cos it was a night match.

Watching from me vantage point in the NE corner ALL the stands starting to fill up (at this point tho I really wanted them to turn off the music to let the atmosphere build a bit more) but anyway....

I'd say a high percentage of fans even applauded the DC ball boys. Good to see & hear this, I bet they felt great and were just as pumped as the rest of us.

Again, a high percentage of fans joining in with Steve Bloomers Watching. I think we can all agree it's p'raps not the best football anthem, but boy, did unity count on Tuesday night.

All the fans (and I'm not making light of those few minutes we've all talked about) joined in with cheering, singing and really getting behind and supporting the team. Imagine the buzz the players felt listening to us all!

I know there were some hefty tackles flying about and Tyson took a mauling - but us jumping up in outrage only added to the charged atmosphere and made it better! And lets not forget the melee near the touch line - it wouldn't be a Derby/Forest match without one would it? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

And not forgetting the goal, take a bow Jake! The stands erupted, I had to keep looking up around the stands to see thousands of fans jumping about, to seeing the team celebrate and then to look over to the away end and see that lot shut up. That's a moment you wish you could freeze frame forever. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> And I don't think I've heard a bigger roar from rams fans - Swiss - you missed a brilliant night there!

It's a night I won't forget in a hurry (for all the right reasons I might add) - so thanks fellow fans. You're a pleasure to be around 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Again, a high percentage of fans joining in with Steve Bloomers Watching. I think we can all agree it's p'raps not the best football anthem, but boy, did unity count on Tuesday night.

Was good to hear more than usual bellowing out steve bloomers watching! I love our anthem its something only we use in football unlike some other songs one that springs to mind is that 'glad all over song' blackpool & a few other clubs use that one t'was even used on a maccy d's ad

She was upset that she couldn't use her neck brace. I nearly threw her down the stairs when she said "the brit is louder"

If it is louder it's because of all the traffic noise from all the cars getting the hell out of Stoke on the A50 wafting through the embarrassing open corners of their shed-like stadium.

Maybe it's just my memory but as well as the Play-off semi final game, Man Utd at home when we won 1-0 in the League Cup was pretty similar in terms of atmosphere. As I say though, sometimes my memory makes things up ...

Archived