Derby County v Nottingham Forest

CumbrianRam

If the most amazing combination of characters, Clough and Taylor, had stayed at Derby and kept such great players as McGovern, Gemmill and the rest Derby would have had the success which they took to Forest. Like the Beatles it took the unique blend of characters to create a phenomenon which has not so far been repeated. They recognised the skill of a man like Dave Mackay and used it to full advantage at Derby, he returned and won us a further league title (ably assisted by a young man named Charlie George et al).

Had it not been for Sam Longson, who according to Clough "knew as much about football as that picture on my wall" Forest would not have a glorious past on which to look back, abd Derby would have had so much more.

Having said all this it was a memorable result last night. Dedicated to Shaun Barker!

A quote you'll like

"If I hadn't cleared off things would have been different, Liverpool wouldn't have won all those trophies, Derby would have got there first"

Brian Clough - from, The wit and Wisdom of Brian Clough.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were probably the same teenage, DLF wannabe divs who have given all Derby fans a bad name today.

Now putting that aside, your side were absolutely dogs**t and deserved what they got... F**k all

No argument here. Completely agree

Why do all the Forest fans complain about Cotterill? He seemes like a great manager who wants to play a great style of football.

What as in a neat passing game culminating in pressure on the opposition.......and all finished off with some quality striking ?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

I tell you what was interesting from last nights game (And correct me if i am wrong derby fans) but nathan tyson played in midfield/wing........................... does this mean that nigel clough has finally admitted what all forest fans said when he left forest to play in his prefered position of STRIKER for derby that tyson is indeed not a striker.

Infact he is a winger who scares the crap out of sides with his pace and occasionally delivers a good ball??? Thoughts?

I tell you what was interesting from last nights game (And correct me if i am wrong derby fans) but nathan tyson played in midfield/wing........................... does this mean that nigel clough has finally admitted what all forest fans said when he left forest to play in his prefered position of STRIKER for derby that tyson is indeed not a striker.

Infact he is a winger who scares the crap out of sides with his pace and occasionally delivers a good ball??? Thoughts?

No, it means that Jamie Ward is injured and we already have two v.good strikers.

After last nights game I suggest a career change for your team. Any free places in the local rugby leagues?

Is piggy in the middle a sport?

Don't make out your lot weren't physical. That ruckas before HT was caused by Derby players going in OTT and one of your lot got booked for that behind the man tackle on Reidy in the first 20 minutes. Seen people go for tackles like that.

Archived