Road Rage - What gets you going?

Rambunctious

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vehicles with one headlamp not working (unbelievably common, perhaps its the recession - sorry - downturn)

Vehicles parked on the wrong side of the road with their headlamps on, usually outside chippies.

School run drivers

Lollipop ladies/gents who stop the traffic to let adults cross. (Are they chosen 'cos they weigh over 20 stone)

Old buffers who stop without warning to let people cross the road.

Tractors who's hayfield is 37 miles up the A-whatever

Motorbikes

Signs that say 'Think bike'. They should say 'Think car'

Drivers who take so long to get through the lights that they change to red when I get there.

Temporary lights (usually with no sign of workers/vehicles/work)

Diversions

Potholes

Drivers who overtake whie you're trying to merge onto motorways.

Derby outer ring road.

I could go on...

I was riding home from work one day last summer on my bicycle when a old guy (probably 50ish) cut me up and almost knocked me off. I caught up with him down the road at some traffic lights, tapped on his window and gave him what for. Anyway he turned off in a different direction so I thought no more of it. Five minutes later he comes back past me and pulls over further down the road getting out of his car and walking towards me. Not being the fighting type I thought the best course of action was to get off my bike, throw my bag down, take off my jacket and storm towards him shouting "COME ON THEN, YOU GOT A PROBLEM" hoping it would scare him off.

Never felt such a **** in my life. The poor bloke had only turned round and followed me to come and apologise.

People who undertake me in a 30 zone when I am doing 30 (maybe a little more)

Taxi drivers who try to overtake me on london road because I am doing the speed limit, and to the 1 that almost crashed, at the island where dunelm is,HAHAHA, serves you right for being in a lane that's turn right only and trying to overtake me as I go straight on!!!

Taxi drivers (and other drivers but mainly taxis do it) who barge their way through when they are supposed to give way to me, why can't you wait the 5 seconds it would have taken me to come through instead of me having to slam my breaks on and then swear at you?

Taxi drivers who think that they have their own set of rules on the road, like no left turn as pedestrians crossing, but do it anyway and almost knock down 5 people, speed limits 30 so they do 40 and try to intimidate because you are doing 30, guess what I'm still going 30 and my car is bigger than yours so if you go into me cos you are driving like a idiot its gonna damage your car more than mine!!

People who on the island at the end of traffic street who decide they can't be arsed to stay in their middle lane decide they are going to miss my car by 5mm by driving in a straight line into the right lane, then back into the middle lane when you come off.

People who don't use their indicators and then don't understand what they have done wrong when they get a head shake.

Wow, that feels better, no doubt I will be back soon with more!!

1. Middle lane road hogs

2. HGV's overtaking on dual carrageways that take 6 miles to complete it

3. Mobile phone users

4. People who have to turn and look at the person they are chatting too, and not looking at where they are going

5. Heavy footed breakers, get your eyes tested!

6. Lack of indicators

7. People who can't merge, or try to queue jump - a la A52 out of town to the pentagon

8. People who drive and park near the ground and get annoyed that there is people milling about

9. Bikes under taking

10. Bikes using middle cheffrons as 'a bike lane'

11. Bikes weaving between cars in slow moving traffic

12. Drivers not moving for Emergency Services

13. Drivers cutting up and cutting in funeral cars

14. Cars with faulty lights

15. School runs

16. Superstore car parks, do people come off a road and completly forget how to drive once the tyres hit the car park

17. Fake Blue badge holders

18. Kids in 1.0l Clios with an exhaust and stereo system worth more than the car (approx £3.50)

19. White van drivers

20. Speeders

I'd agree with all of that Mcram, apart from the Clio drivers.

My son has one and is a very sensible driver. He has not yet reached the levels of wanting to have a boom box put in the boot, or a stoooopidly big exhaust. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Oh, and ps - to the users of chat on Saturday gone. His insurance quote wasn't £43k, it was in fact £47k, courtesy of Zenith. Prats.

Oh, and ps - to the users of chat on Saturday gone. His insurance quote wasn't £43k, it was in fact £47k, courtesy of Zenith. Prats.

Me and the wife had a quote for £20k for our renault megane scenic, I'm 26 and she is 25!!

I'd agree with all of that Mcram, apart from the Clio drivers.

My son has one and is a very sensible driver. He has not yet reached the levels of wanting to have a boom box put in the boot, or a stoooopidly big exhaust. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I know some really good Clio drivers, its just that the majority of idiots seem to drive Clios. Had the pleasure of one this morning, at the pentagon notts road, going into town I was in the middle lane, pulls up on my right music blaring that it was vibrating my car, lights go green he shoots off, only having to stop at the other set for the A52 traffic, I truddle along, lights change as get there, I casually accelerate past him and he stalls ina vain attempt to race me!

Frigging kids on frigging scooters.

Had one behind me this morning about 6 inches from my rear bumper, swerving back and forth trying to get me to go faster, the only problem was. there was a bus in front of me, so neither of us could go anywhere.

I came to a mini roundabout , the bus pulled over and this dick head decided to go around it the wrong way, and swerve back in front of me from the wrong side of the road causing me to break sharply.

That was it, red rag to a bull time, got stuck behind another car, blew him away, then after my prey, the scooter.

I pulled up along side him on a duel carrageway and he was looking at me thinking oh ****.

I wanted him to pull over so i could have rung his frigging neck, but he wouldn't.

Only just calmed down from it, and it is a good job he didn't stop, because i would have been in a police station now.

I know i'm going to get slated for this, but ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .

i DON'T CARE.

Had one behind me this morning about 6 inches from my rear bumper, swerving back and forth trying to get me to go faster, the only problem was. there was a bus in front of me, so neither of us could go anywhere.

I came to a mini roundabout , the bus pulled over and this dick head decided to go around it the wrong way, and swerve back in front of me from the wrong side of the road causing me to break sharply.

That was it, red rag to a bull time, got stuck behind another car, blew him away, then after my prey, the scooter.

I pulled up along side him on a duel carrageway and he was looking at me thinking oh ****.

I wanted him to pull over so i could have rung his frigging neck, but he wouldn't.

Only just calmed down from it, and it is a good job he didn't stop, because i would have been in a police station now.

i DON'T CARE.

Try thinking this:

What a moronic scooter driver.

Good job he pulled out in front of me (a sensible, safe, alert driver) rather than some incapable halfwit who might have wiped him out. He could be dead right now.

Deep breath, let the idiot drive away, relax and enjoy the rest of your journey.

i DON'T CARE.

Sometimes I feel the same way, however I just hope that karma catches up with them and they only end up hurting themselves and not others.

Archived