Road Rage - What gets you going?

Rambunctious

Just driven back to Bournemouth from Birmingham. Does anyone know if today is National Don't Use Indicators Day?

Also known as 'Im A Lazy Fecker Who Can't Be Arsed To Tell You Where I'm Going Because As Long As I Know That's All That Matters Day'

...but yours is shorter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just driven back to Bournemouth from Birmingham. Does anyone know if today is National Don't Use Indicators Day?

I can't believe i've just read this thread - lol.

Just given a woman outside school the benefit of my horn - don't usually do it but she really peed me off.

She was going slow to start with and I thought, oh right, looking for your child. She sees the child, and pulls in, without indication. (BMW)

I pull in behind (having indicated my intention to do so) her but she doesn't pull in far enough, and leaves me with me back end sticking out.

Her son gets in their car, my daughter gets in mine. I wait for her to pull off, as I've pulled up behind her quite tight, so as not to get my back end smashed into, she takes ages. She does not look in her rear view mirror once, or she would see a Land Rover Discovery badge very clearly, with a very pi55ed off lady behind the wheel.

Anyway, she eventually pulls off, without indication, all the while, bollocking her kid. She then stops at a small roundabout, and carrys on talking, I flash.

She eventually pulls right round the roundabout, without inidcation, narrowly missing a car coming from her right (as is the case at roundabouts).

That's it, she gets the horn. I apologise to my daughter for embarassing her infront of her school, but she said, that's ok, that lady is going to have an accident if she's not careful.

I have to admit, to swapping said Land Rover for a BMW tomorrow, and my first trip in it will be to Doncaster, but what I will say is, the car comes with indicators and they do work.

To be fair, some of the fathers on the school run are equally as bad. Had one pull out on me the other day leaving poor old me and the car behind to slam our brakes on. The school is on my route to work so I ended up following him all the way to witness his no indication slop of an attempt and reverse parking.

When he had finally parked his BMW I just stopped alongside and frowned at him, he did'nt have the bottle to meet my glare once.

You don't need to use the horn or flash your lights as they know what they've done and are c##ts.

Nothing.

Someone pulls out on me, I just think the guy is lucky he pulled out on me, as I'm not an idiot and will be watching and can stop/slow down.

Some things are annoying, but it's easy enough to let it slide. If they're tailgating you and it's getting annoying, give them a chance to overtake and they'll be out of your hair in 30 seconds.

Sounds rude.

I had this on wednesday morning travelling back up north after the game nob head field sales rep came speeding right up behind me but I couldn't get over out of his way as there was traffic in the middle lane he got right up behind me flashing his lights flipping the v's ect when I finally mangaged to get out of the way he pulled infront of me & kept breaking like a nob absolute **** if I wasn't in such a good mood after the

win I would have followed him & beat him down

I always get out to these people. They always **** themselves. They were bullied at school and so are expressing some authority from the safety of a car.

I never road rage. If people pull infront of me I just brake. Beeping etc is not helpful.

But when people road rage me I turn into a proper moron. For example, I slowed at a roundabout once and my car used to have trouble with gearbox. As I slowed even more to drop into 2nd the guy behind me beeped. So I stopped and waited. He beeped again so I just sat watching him. He gave a barrage of abuse, as I opened my door he drove off..... So I chased him through alvaston right up behind him beeping like a mad man. He didn't pull over.

I never get angry on the road except with car bullies. I'm an anti road rage road rager.

Even buses don't really get to me.

Its normally beamer drivers that tail gate and drive aggressively, tap your brakes a few times, but keep going same

speed, it normally sh*ts them up, and they pull back a bit.

Just a word of warning, if this causes an accident - you will be responsible and probably be in serious trouble for deliberately causing an accident once you have been hauled through court.

I know how you feel though mo55y and this is most peoples natural reaction, especially to someone in a 3.5ltr BMW for instance.

Driving in the UK is a Joy, I actually look forward to it. People generally know to use indicators, understand the difference between a fast and slow lane, wait for an appropriate gap before pulling out, stay in the correct lane in a roundabout and realise that a red light means stop. Over here I see horrific driving on average every 5 mins I am driving, not too surprising seeing as the police can be bought, oh and the license can be as well. I know there are exceptions in the UK but over here it is just every man for himself...

I drive overnight for my job (mainly down the M4) and the amount of car drivers that think driving with their main beam on is ok is quite staggering, they appear totally unaware of the effects of this are on oncoming traffic.

I'd quite like a vapouriser on the front of the lorry, that would put them in the picture. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

People who do not move to the left if they are not overtaking. I used to drive a 90HP car and seriously, if I wasnt going to overtake before the 3.0 TDI Audi behind me, I would move over and follow him through. Now I have an 190 HP car that weighs 1100kg and people just dont move over for me if there is clear space to do so.

People who take offense to being overtaken, its a perfectly legal thing to do (if done correctly and safely) I'm not having a go, i'm not angry, I just want to overtake. There is a 40 zone where I live that is a mile long with clear vision down the length of it, people do 30 then when I overtake, sit on my car at 45mph

People on the M25, it has 5 lanes, keep left unless overtaking, you absolute idiots (mostly lanes 2 and 3 ruin it for everyone)

People who harass learner drivers, granted they cant drive well, hence why they are learning, give them room, chill out when they stall 3 times in a row at traffic lights.

People that obviously 'race' out of lights etc, especially when it forces you to back off to let them through.

People who dont merge in turn when required.

Finally, people who dont use fog lights properly, and I guarantee 90% of people reading this thread still dont get it.

Just a word of warning, if this causes an accident - you will be responsible and probably be in serious trouble for deliberately causing an accident once you have been hauled through court.

I know how you feel though mo55y and this is most peoples natural reaction, especially to someone in a 3.5ltr BMW for instance.

I hope that last line wasn't aimed at me.

Because that's one thing i never do, and never did even when i was 18.

haha women 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> god it's the worse in the morning, your trying to get to work and these all these hesistant women on roundabouts! Not being sexist there or anything 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Wonder how many people here have been harrased by a black vw passat, it'll be my dad 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> if your going slow in the fast lane - he'll get right up your backside, if it's a clear road and your going slow - he'll get right up your backside, he'll follow you so closely you'll think your about to crash 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

With drivers like that I like to brake with my left foot so my lights come on and then accelerate quickly.It usually sorts 'em out.

I got cut up today in Ripley by a lady vicar!

Jesus Christ! She pulled raite out in front of me out side the crest of the wave!

Unless she was a strippergram?

Flicked her the finger any rode for good luck.

Will I burn in hell?

Wasn't aimed at any individual Swansea, just a generalisation of 3.5ltr BMW drivers. Sorry if you're offended, is it guilt, otherwise it's just an observation of what you see on country roads in Summer, normally 6 to 10 year old BMWs to be fair though!

People who harass learner drivers, granted they cant drive well, hence why they are learning, give them room, chill out when they stall 3 times in a row at traffic lights.

This is the worst for me. Totally shatters their confidence. I've been in that situation a few times.

Football managers in 3.5ltr BMWs who drive at 90mph plus and have good lawyers to make sure they don't get banned but can drive with 15 points. Just thought, Pulis has single handedly got more points than Derbys entire team in the Premier League 4 years ago. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> (just for you Swansea, see I wasn't suggesting it was just you!)

Archived