English Clubs in Europe

EastKentRam

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My man yoo mate at work will be pleased that Chelsea have a chance of progressing....after all, he got dead mardy last year and fell out with us cos' some wanted barca to beat them int final. He couldn't understand us not supporting an English team......

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uductf

Amazing form from Real Madrid, but what a crap competition.

How can you say it's a crap competition? The quality in it is brilliant, and there are plenty of goals.. Athletico Bibao are 7th and destroyed Englands top team.. Atletico Madrid and Athletico Bilbao will be the finalists if the draw favours them. Real Madrid and Barca are just in another world and they'd both be 10-15 points clear at the top of the PL if they were in the PL..

La Liga is fascinating.. Only 8 points seperating the last CL place and 13th.. That means at least 8 clubs still have a decent chance of making the CL.. Only 6 points seperates 19th with 14th.. Perhaps only Zaragoza, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia have their positions nailed on.. So 19th to 4th all have something to play for.. That leaves 16 other clubs that could be relegated or make the CL..

Look at the PL and tell me the difference.. There are 5 clubs at the bottom with a chance of relegation (six if you want to push it and include Villa) and how many for a CL place? Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle? So that's 20th to 16th and 7th to 4th..That leaves at least 8 other clubs in the middle (15th to 8th) with nothing to play for, with 10 games left! La Liga has alot more going on than the PL..

On a seperate note, for goals alone look no further than the Dutch league.. It's full of them.. Officially the worst major league for goals, entertainment, attendances etc.. Has to be France.

It's overly biased in the favour of two teams. Nice underneath them, yes.

Don't like the English premier league either, although it seems to be getting more competitive at the moment.

It's a better spectator sport when there is more competition for places.

Yes, Bilbao have done well in Europe this year. English teams consistantly fail to impress in the europa league, not sure why, people point towards the arrogance of the management and players whom disregard it as a poor relation to the champions league.

Think I'd agree.

Bilbao players and fans wanted it more.

But I'm talking about the quality of competition in individual european leagues rather than european competitions. Bundesliga is the best shown by the representation of the fans for each team. English football was once reknown for it, although I suppose you can blame ticket costs as well as hooliganism.

Might be that costs in England are losing the fans, so competition has become a bit lack lustre whilst the big teams benefit from global branding and will always have a following. Same in Spain.

Archived