Derby County v Watford

uttoxram75

I'm a Clough fan and think he's done an excellent job with two hands tied behind his back. But I don't get why he rates Buxton and Doyle at all? I can only think they do exactly what the management wants and are therefore used as an example of how to behave to get into the matchday 16. I'm convinced if Shackell had played at CH we'd have beaten Watford. Clough please don't p*ss about with the team for the Florest game, it's much too important.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having Buxton in the centre unsettled the defence. I would rather have kept Barker and Shackell at CH and played someone else at left back rather than take Shackell out of the centre. The MoM is a text vote and shouldn't be taken seriously. I think Buxton is becoming the new joke Daryl Powell football genius. There was open laughter around us when Buxton was announced as MoM!

Okay, so how long will it take before we learn our lesson and play Tom Naylor at right back. I really am getting sick and tired of watching Green's lack of ability at right back, that's not a dig at Green who I'm sure would prefer to be in midfield. Can we please play Tom Naylor, yes he does play at right back for the reserves and did so at Mansfield as well, as a right back.

Whilst we are re-shaping the team, can we have a whip round and raise enough for a taxi or train ticket for a certain midfielder to depart back to London. Following this, we can move Green back in to midfield, find a left back from somewhere, move Shackell back to centre back (not that Buxton did anything wrong, far from it) and hopefully eliminate some of our defensive failings.

Controversially, I would think about dropping Fielding until he sorts out his distribution.

Poor result against a team that we should be expecing to take 3 points off. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Okay, so how long will it take before we learn our lesson and play Tom Naylor at right back. I really am getting sick and tired of watching Green's lack of ability at right back, that's not a dig at Green who I'm sure would prefer to be in midfield. Can we please play Tom Naylor, yes he does play at right back for the reserves and did so at Mansfield as well, as a right back.

Whilst we are re-shaping the team, can we have a whip round and raise enough for a taxi or train ticket for a certain midfielder to depart back to London. Following this, we can move Green back in to midfield, find a left back from somewhere, move Shackell back to centre back (not that Buxton did anything wrong, far from it) and hopefully eliminate some of our defensive failings.

Controversially, I would think about dropping Fielding until he sorts out his distribution.

Poor result against a team that we should be expecing to take 3 points off. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Did you not see Clough applauding Fielding giving the ball away with one of his rush hoofs in the first half?

I can only assume that Nigel must be happy with what Frank's doing or he'd be branded an idiot and sent to the naughty step or Portsmouth or Crystal Palace or Swindon or somewhere. I think we must question the coaching as when he first came here his distribution was the nost noticeable thing about him.

I can't understand how we have taken a keeper with so much potential and are turning him in to another Bywater, or certainly that is what it's looking like.

poor coaching? Heard Hector gave Clough a public kicking at the Legends event last Thursday - anyone there who can confirm?

I'm a Clough fan and think he's done an excellent job with two hands tied behind his back. But I don't get why he rates Buxton and Doyle at all? I can only think they do exactly what the management wants and are therefore used as an example of how to behave to get into the matchday 16. I'm convinced if Shackell had played at CH we'd have beaten Watford. Clough please don't p*ss about with the team for the Florest game, it's much too important.

I'm sorry but this sort of post really annoys me. Buxton did not put a single foot wrong yesterday. Ok his distribution was poor at times but not much worse than we normally see from our centre backs.

I also though Shackell did well at left back.

So why exactly did playing Buxton at centre back cost us the game?

From where I was sat the goals came from Green and Barker.

I like most others am fed up of seeing players played out of position but to try and put the blame at the door of a player who did nothing wrong does not make sense. Instead why are we not asking why we have taken Noble and Carroll on loan in recent months instead of a full back.

The only thing buxton did wrong was for the first goal when the player was running into the box he backed off too much and allowed him to square it so it was a goal. But apart from that he had an excellent game.

But if he had closed down there would have been an easy pass that would have put one of their players clean through due to Barker being out of position having rushed up to make an easy interception/clearance and fecking it up. He didnt commit himself and slowed the attack down which should have given time for the defence to recover from Barker's mistake

You really do have it in for the management - even when Clough picks a team you can't understand, that's somehow Glick's fault?

You really do have it in for the management - even when Clough picks a team you can't understand, that's somehow Glick's fault?

exactly, who signed Carroll? Clough. The board allowed him to bring someone in on loan, and he chooses to bring a centre mid, where we have already have four players in the position, your right back is out for the season so you get a centre mid in. Madness

Archived