Derby County v Watford

uttoxram75

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And not a moment too soon! For Forest game on Tuesday I would bring back Bailey and play him in the middle with Bryson - tough on Hendrick, but thought he had a stinker today and may now have a knock.

Well done to Jake today - solid game I thought.

It would also be good if we took part in the first 10 minutes of the game on Tuesday night...

I heard something along those lines too. Although I have no idea whether this is true, apparently he had to start every game, and play at least 75% of it. He came off after 68 minutes against Blackpool, which adheres to the above stipulations, but did he come off at HT today?

Funny, some of the press boys were talking about that today, though they were saying the deal involved Carroll having to play at least 40 minutes or Tottenham won't stump up whatever percentage of his wages they are paying.

It took about 80 mins to give there keeper something to do from open play.

Shackell took on more opponents than Bavies.

Savies and Theo performed about as well as possible with poor support.

Our fans were horrible to an awful Tom Carroll. How will that help.

Nathan "floodgates will open" Tyson who's here to score goals didnt get pushed upfront even at 433!! Good, because he's a winger. It's only took 7 months to figure out.

I'm fed up. Relegated next year

send carrol back, he isn't good enough for us at the moment and adds nothing. Barker was awful today, Buxton played well and most of his passes went to people in white shirts. We didn't open watford up and that is a concern, they looked tired towards the end we didn't capitalise. Fiedlings distribution has become worse since he came here permanently. It feels like one step forwards two steps back, we have been making the same mistakes for three years. Why didn't he put Naylor at left back and kept shackell and barker in the middle? it would have minimised disruption, why have a reserve left back if your not going to play him.

Tyson adds nothing as far as I am concerned he can leave the club, he brings nothing and is a waste of wages. We need a couple of midfielders, a striker, a right back, a left back and another center back. Watford looked dangerous when going forward anf their forwards were a handful today. They became tired towards the end but we still didn't have a really great chance.

Tbh, I reckon this could have been the game to give Naylor a go at RB, the Forest game is too intense an occasion for a debutant (see B Davies last year)- especially one so young. Or he could rise to the occasion, but would you want to take that risk?

I thought he was brought in as a left back, but if he is a right back why isn't he playing when brayford is out? Green could be in center mid or right mid and naylor at right back. Why have a 2nd choice if your not going to use it?

That's far too simple for them.

Who's making excuses for incompetence? I've never seen Naylor play - he might be one for the future. I don't think Green is that bad at full back, though he has come up short with recent goals. I do, however, think we miss him when he isn't in midfield, even though he has many faults.

Overall though it is a really poor show that we don't have 2 natural players for each position. The club should take a really good luck at themselves for this.

If he is one for the future why isn't he out on loan getting some experience? Fact is clough is making a hash out of simple decisions. We have won 2 in 9 and lost 3 out of the last 4 at home. Green wasn't good today and is rarely that good at right back, the reason being is that he isn't really a right back. He should have put Naylor in today anyone with half a brain cell could see that was the obvious choice and the one which would in all likelyhood do best.

Said it before and i'll say it again, Shaun Barker is the most overraed player in our team by far. He is terrible when the ball is at his feet, bit like big dave, but white. Buxton completely outplayed him today. Ben davies is lazy, Carroll is lightweight and inept, Bryson played well, Greenie is slow, Tyson will not score a goal this season.

Nathan "floodgates will open" Tyson who's here to score goals didnt get pushed upfront even at 433!! Good, because he's a winger. It's only took 7 months to figure out.

Carroll isn't our player and he is absolute crap. I was delighted when he went off and the reactions that his poor play and substitution got was a message to Clough. We don't want him in the side because he's useless. Send him back.

Barker definitely looks better with Shackell alongside him at CB.

Naylor is not a RB and playing him there would be no better than playing Green. Besides his middle name is Keith.

His natural position is CB yes, but he also plays right back, he played there against Crystal Palace in the cup and did well. Anyway, he's more of a right back than Green ever will be.

First bold bit i'm not suprised by though, Bavies firstly isn't a winger like most expect him to be. He's a right sided midfielder, you're never going to get width, tricks and a direct approach from him. Get him with a bit of time and space and he'll put a good ball in 9/10 though. Corners and freekicks all pretty much bob on today.

Second bold bit, bugged me too. Although thankfully he's not our young player that we're bringing down, our fans are absolutely brain dead, nearly as brain dead as Nige for starting Tom all the time! You don't realise how much that'll effect him, not what his development needs! Unfortunatley for him, he's not what we need either.

Naylor is not a RB and playing him there would be no better than playing Green. Besides his middle name is Keith.

Disagree massively, Tom Naylor is a defender who is pretty nippy and good in the tackle.. Paul Green is neither and to make matters worse he's a midfielder. The only game he's looked half decent in recently was Tuesday when he was up against Brett Omerod. Lloyd Dyer, Andros Townsend and Kacaniklic today gave him a horrible time. He keeps standing quick wingers, how long will it take him to realise he's going to get raped, again.

Can't comment until we've seen the lad and he really can't be any worse than Green at the moment, we're conceeding most of our goals from his position.

Naylor was bought in as "cover" he isnt being used,instead we have players playing out of position again.Carroll is not strong enough for starters.Why we have him here and have loaned out Miles Addison is beyond belief,but hey this great manager knows what hes doing doesnt he?

First bold bit i'm not suprised by though, Bavies firstly isn't a winger like most expect him to be. He's a right sided midfielder, you're never going to get width, tricks and a direct approach from him. Get him with a bit of time and space and he'll put a good ball in 9/10 though. Corners and freekicks all pretty much bob on today.

Second bold bit, bugged me too. Although thankfully he's not our young player that we're bringing down, our fans are absolutely brain dead, nearly as brain dead as Nige for starting Tom all the time! You don't realise how much that'll effect him, not what his development needs! Unfortunatley for him, he's not what we need either.

Disagree massively, Tom Naylor is a defender who is pretty nippy and good in the tackle.. Paul Green is neither and to make matters worse he's a midfielder. The only game he's looked half decent in recently was Tuesday when he was up against Brett Omerod. Lloyd Dyer, Andros Townsend and Kacaniklic today gave him a horrible time. He keeps standing quick wingers, how long will it take him to realise he's going to get raped, again.

Can't comment until we've seen the lad and he really can't be any worse than Green at the moment, we're conceeding most of our goals from his position.

Agree. Green is a midfielder who looks horribly exposed at right back. Other defenders in the squad must feel deflated that Clough would rather play someone out of position than give them a chance.

Carroll is a touch player who's finding it tough at Derby. He is not a poor player but a good player who's currently playing poorly.

I don't think he is helped by the poor running, positioning and close control of our forward players. He is certainly learning that the Championship is unforgiving for those who cannot adapt.

Archived