Nigel in, Board in

trekkie_ram

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My feelings haven't changed. Clough out.

That's the great thing about football fans. Everyone has their own views. No reason for you to change your mind on the basis of two games.

I'm not changing mine at the moment either. Clough in.

Shocking response from quite a few fans when Gareth Roberts made a couple of mistakes early on. I'm ashamed to call myself a Derby fan if thats how the players are treated. Not once this season have I heard the fans chant his name when he gives consistently solid performances, but as soon as he does something wrong they're ripping him apart like that.

It's not his lack of trying, it's his lack of ability with a football and particularly his wrong foot. I honestly just think, and my opinion won't ever change on this, if you're getting paid decent money how can you not develop the use of of your other foot in training, a professional football should have a adequate wrong foot. And I admit he's not the only player who could do this.

The first goal today (from memory) - was started by him trying to clear it with the outside of his left foot rather than just swinging his right foot through it and getting it out of the box ...

It's not his lack of trying, it's his lack of ability with a football and particularly his wrong foot. I honestly just think, and my opinion won't ever change on this, if you're getting paid decent money how can you not develop the use of of your other foot in training, a professional football should have a adequate wrong foot. And I admit he's not the only player who could do this.

The first goal today (from memory) - was started by him trying to clear it with the outside of his left foot rather than just swinging his right foot through it and getting it out of the box ...

In my opinion he's been of our steadiest performers this season.

Alot of people are still judging him on last season.

Although I've never really rated him, Left Backs are hard to come by. I personally, just seem to find him one of the most frustrating players to watch. Having said that, players chickening out of tackles (i.e Tom Carroll last night) is equally frustrating.

He took a swing at it and missed - a mistake, he would know that more than anyone else. It is how he reacted after that which is important. He went on to have another excellent game.

Leave Roberts alone, I think he's one of our most improved players from last season.

Time for the deluded up Nige's A hole fans to open there eyes!

5 year plan? more like 10....

Most improved? He's 34, isn't it a bit late that? He should have his game sorted by now.

Leave Roberts alone, I think he's one of our most improved players from last season.

Time for the deluded up Nige's A hole fans to open there eyes!

5 year plan? more like 10....

Wasn't it a ten year plan anyway?

Aah the old 'pull yer head out of Nigel's arse' insult. Some of us are just celebrating a decent win against good opposition. Is that alright with you?

Agree with you about Roberts. Was rather shaky last season but is now one of our most consistent players.

Wasn't it a ten year plan anyway?

Aah the old 'pull yer head out of Nigel's arse' insult. Some of us are just celebrating a decent win against good opposition. Is that alright with you?

Agree with you about Roberts. Was rather shaky last season but is now one of our most consistent players.

Celebrating a win isn't possible for some on here. As mentioned previously, one win in the last ten is correct. 13 wins in the last 34 is correct too. Also 7 draws and 14 defeats to complete the stats. That tells us what most of us know. We're a mid table team with few resources to change anything at the moment.

My head has never been anywhere near Nigel's anus and I'm sure both of us are very happy about that. That said, unlike some, I'm sure we are also both happy when we don't lose. So, I think a draw at Brum and a win against Blackpool is something to be pleased about and I rejoice in being able to say that as a counter to those who prefer to dwell on the defeats.

Archived