• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Davies assists I remember...

For Shackell against Birmingham from a corner

For Kilbane and Sdavies against Doncaster

For Hendrick against Forest

For Bryson and Hendrick against Millwall

(he was also brought down for the penalty against Barnsley)

For Robinsons goal against Southampton

For Sdavies against Birmingham

For Sdavies against Blackpool

according to the OS... there was a few others where he'd set up the chance like Robinson against Reading and Robinson against Peterborough that he isn't credited with!

looking back, he has definitely been an influential player for us, no one can argue that!

And another Ben Davies assist for the winner against Forest.

This really does stick it up those who constantly slag off Ben Davies. How many points would we have if he wasn't in the side to provide those assists?

And another Ben Davies assist for the winner against Forest.

This really does stick it up those who constantly slag off Ben Davies. How many points would we have if he wasn't in the side to provide those assists?

Probably more as he was feckin sh*te in many of the games we have lost.. Because he contributed absoloutley nothing going forward and defensively..

It's impossible to pin down points directly from a player.. Maybe in those games he set one up another player could have set up 3 more..

Probably more as he was feckin sh*te in many of the games we have lost.. Because he contributed absoloutley nothing going forward and defensively..

It's impossible to pin down points directly from a player.. Maybe in those games he set one up another player could have set up 3 more..

Had he not played then we wouldn't have won yesterday. He supplied the assist.

One could argue that he is pivotal to the side. Without him we lose as was seen when he was out of the side coincided with our poor run of results.

What is it with DCFC fans. They moan and whinge like no others and put players down. The lad was brought in to provide us with more dangerous set pieces and he has delivered. If that is all he does then lets celebrate that and not berate the player for his shortcomings.

Ben Davies is what he is. A very average championship player but that very average player has more than contributed to a very good progressive season in which we have remarkably got as many points as we had last season with neary a quarter of the season still to play.

The lad deserves a huge pat on the back.

Had he not played then we wouldn't have won yesterday. He supplied the assist.

One could argue that he is pivotal to the side. Without him we lose as was seen when he was out of the side coincided with our poor run of results.

What is it with DCFC fans. They moan and whinge like no others and put players down. The lad was brought in to provide us with more dangerous set pieces and he has delivered. If that is all he does then lets celebrate that and not berate the player for his shortcomings.

Ben Davies is what he is. A very average championship player but that very average player has more than contributed to a very good progressive season in which we have remarkably got as many points as we had last season with neary a quarter of the season still to play.

The lad deserves a huge pat on the back.

That is simply not true.. Had Jake Buxton not scored we wouldn't have won yesterday.. You can't pin it down on one player, that's ridiculous.. Had Ben Davies not played the whole game would have been different, in fact we could have won 5-0 had Ben Davies not played.. Just because someone got the final touch to the ball before someone else scores does not make him a productive player.

A productive player is someone who can control the ball, beat a man, create space, retain possession, stretch the game, pass to a white shirt, cover defensive duties, track back, dominate the opposition.. It's not someone who puts in a decent cross every now and again with someone else getting on the scoresheet.. You can not use 'assist stats' to see whether a player is valuable or not.. If that was the case, we should just go out and buy the top goalscorer in the Raymon reserve league (division 9) because stats say that he scores goals therefore he must be a top goalscorer.

Ward is far more creative than Ben Davies and far more productive, but stats say otherwise. Look at it this way, Ben Davies has more assists than Stewart Downing and Nani.. Does that make him a more productive player? If so, we isn't he playing in the PL?

That is simply not true.. Had Jake Buxton not scored we wouldn't have won yesterday.. You can't pin it down on one player, that's ridiculous.. Had Ben Davies not played the whole game would have been different, in fact we could have won 5-0 had Ben Davies not played.. Just because someone got the final touch to the ball before someone else scores does not make him a productive player.

A productive player is someone who can control the ball, beat a man, create space, retain possession, stretch the game, pass to a white shirt, cover defensive duties, track back, dominate the opposition.. It's not someone who puts in a decent cross every now and again with someone else getting on the scoresheet.. You can not use 'assist stats' to see whether a player is valuable or not.. If that was the case, we should just go out and buy the top goalscorer in the Raymon reserve league (division 9) because stats say that he scores goals therefore he must be a top goalscorer.

Ward is far more creative than Ben Davies and far more productive, but stats say otherwise. Look at it this way, Ben Davies has more assists than Stewart Downing and Nani.. Does that make him a more productive player? If so, we isn't he playing in the PL?

Bris, Ben Davies was brought in for his assists and he is delivering. Can we not be a little positive and celebrate what he does bring to the team?

Without him we wouldn't have scored a lot of the goals we have scored. He has assisted in mnay of our points. Can you argue with that?

Bris, Ben Davies was brought in for his assists and he is delivering. Can we not be a little positive and celebrate what he does bring to the team?

Without him we wouldn't have scored a lot of the goals we have scored. He has assisted in mnay of our points. Can you argue with that?

Mcsilks, I don't think you can look at football from a 'statistic' point of view.. It's not baseball. Ben Davies was brought in for assists, if that is true then NC should be shot.. You simply can not look at stats to say whether a player is worth playing all not..

There is so much more to football than being able to stick a ball in the net or set one up.. If that was the case then we'd have Danny Graham upfront for England instead of Wayne Rooney..

Without him we wouldn't have scored alot of goals? Without him perhaps we would have won everygame.. You can see with your own eyes whether a player is decent or not, without the need to look at 'stats'... To me Ben Davies is average.. But we can celebrate his 'assist' yesterday of course we can.. But it's impossible to say that it was all down to him.. Without him we could have scored 50 more goals over the season..

Without him we wouldn't have scored alot of goals? Without him perhaps we would have won everygame.. Without him we could have scored 50 more goals over the season..

And yet, we have been without him and we didn't score a lot of goals.

Bris, just take a hint from no-one agreeing with you that you might, just might, occasionally... not be right.

Mcsilks, I don't think you can look at football from a 'statistic' point of view.. It's not baseball. Ben Davies was brought in for assists, if that is true then NC should be shot.. You simply can not look at stats to say whether a player is worth playing all not..

There is so much more to football than being able to stick a ball in the net or set one up.. If that was the case then we'd have Danny Graham upfront for England instead of Wayne Rooney..

Without him we wouldn't have scored alot of goals? Without him perhaps we would have won everygame.. You can see with your own eyes whether a player is decent or not, without the need to look at 'stats'... To me Ben Davies is average.. But we can celebrate his 'assist' yesterday of course we can.. But it's impossible to say that it was all down to him.. Without him we could have scored 50 more goals over the season..

What exactly are you disputing here? I agree that Davies is average. I can also see what he brings to the team. You say without him we could have scored 50 goals. Really?!! Where from exactly?

Let's deal with reality and look at the FACTS. He has supplied more assists than any other player this season. Without those assists, we would not have scored the goals.

Can you not acknowledge that? Can you not look at what he offers the side?

What like for example the fact that we hadn't scored in the last 15 minutes for so long!!.

Is that not a statistic?

I just read your posts and shake my head at times.....

No that's the type of player who's out of our price bracket. There's few players in this league that are all round solid midefielders and we certainly couldn't afford them. Plus to do all that whilst hugging the touchline takes somebody of Messi or Xavi's talents. I agree that you can't say we'd have done this or that if he was or wasn't playing but to say he has had no contribution at all during the season is just stubborn. Let's not foget that he is playing out of position and doesn't have a great left foot, opposition who do their homework know this so will look to capitalise on it.

I took a step back from this forum over Xmas and the new year but I see nothing much has changed where you're concerned. Glass always half empty eh Bris...

I can't agree with you there pal. Jamie Ward is a crowd pleaser. He is inconsistent but when he does have a good game, yes it's nice to watch. Ben Davies assists have been key to a few victories this season, including last night. Even when Davies has had a bad game he still manages to find himself putting a lovely ball into the box for another assist. Ward started the season well, yeah, but thats changed now, he doesn't take on half the players he used to. I also can't agree with your "stats aren't important" idea. They are. Goals are stats, and you don't have goals without assists. Which, based on games-assists ration, Ben Davies is the best in the league. Also, stop trying to ridicule people by making ridiculous references to the Raymon reserve league, because you're only making yourself look stupid there.

And yet, we have been without him and we didn't score a lot of goals.

Bris, just take a hint from no-one agreeing with you that you might, just might, occasionally... not be right.

And without him how many other chances did we miss..

Had Buxton not scored, Ben Davies wouldn't have had an assist.. And Ben Davies' general play is sh*te.. Assists are pointless, I'm going round in circles here, it's all dependant on the striker scoring..

X player could have had Y amount of assists if J had scored..

Regardless of assists, Ben Davies isn't good enough for a top 12 NPC team.. His general play isn't good enough. But I will congratulate his miscontrol against Forest and a decent cross yesterday.. Therefore he contributes alot to this team..

I took a step back from this forum over Xmas and the new year but I see nothing much has changed where you're concerned. Glass always half empty eh Bris...

My glass is actually half full.. We're not going down this season and we beat Forest twice. Job done as they say. I'm delighted.

Agree about Ben Davies' general play, he's not a ball player.

What he will try to do is beat his man, whilst not having the pace to get past his man (generally) he does win a few throw ins, free kicks or corners (wonder what our corner stats are like in the last 4 games). That is to say he'll retain possession. Not 100% of the time, somewhere between 60 - 80% dependant on the opposition.

He also seems to have a knack of directing the ball towards one of our players from set pieces, and his crosses aren't bad either. Derby have a better chance of scoring a goal with him in the team at present.

We do want the likes of him to improve, along with the other names I mentioned earlier in the thread or Clough will be looking to replace them. Think he said something of that ilk recently, after a game.

Well played Ben Davies, he's really come back and got involved.

Archived