Eh?

WilkoRam

Sorry but having listened to Nigel's post match I/V I can't understand what he means. They thought they have nothing to lose so went 3 up top. It's not how we want to play now or in the future but want to be as positive as we can be.

It's a fairly well used system at the moment, it's not that positive as to be careless and it works.

An I to take it that 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 is as adventurous as we'll get. Men behind the ball and limited chances. With all this positivity we still only got two shots on target.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems for the time being that 4-5-1/4-4-2 is as exciting as its going to get. Wouldn't mind if it worked, but it just doesn't at the moment.

If he's keen on 4-5-1 why didn't he bring in attacking wingers instead of playing strikers there. Theo and Tyson can hardly control a ball between them nevermind have the wing play you need from attacking midfielders!

No no no. You sign wingers and then play a formation that doesn't use them. When you do switch to using wingers you play centre mids there and sell the wingers. It's so obvious

That makes so much sense, let's do that

Sorry but having listened to Nigel's post match I/V I can't understand what he means. They thought they have nothing to lose so went 3 up top. It's not how we want to play now or in the future but want to be as positive as we can be.

It's a fairly well used system at the moment, it's not that positive as to be careless and it works.

An I to take it that 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 is as adventurous as we'll get. Men behind the ball and limited chances. With all this positivity we still only got two shots on target.

there you go, for those who havent heard what is a baffling commentary...

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17247482]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17247482

around 03.48 in..........

They thought they have nothing to lose so went 3 up top. We didn't sit back, It's not how we want to play now or in the future but want to be as positive as we can be.

Well with those 4 words in there, my understanding of what NC is saying appears to be different to some. Seems to me he doesn't want to sit back, now or in the future, and to be as positive as we can.

Just my understanding.

Sorry but read another interview of Nigel after the game and it appears very much a "we didn't think we'd win so thought what the heck lets just go for it, it's not what we'll do normally". I expect normal service (4-5-1 keep it tight, work hard and hopefully grab a winner) to be resumed therefore. Joy!!

Sorry but read another interview of Nigel after the game and it appears very much a "we didn't think we'd win so thought what the heck lets just go for it, it's not what we'll do normally". I expect normal service (4-5-1 keep it tight, work hard and hopefully grab a winner) to be resumed therefore. Joy!!

Got a link to the interview? Everything I've seen/heard/read sounded different to that.

They thought they have nothing to lose so went 3 up top. We didn't sit back, It's not how we want to play now or in the future but want to be as positive as we can be.

Well with those 4 words in there, my understanding of what NC is saying appears to be different to some. Seems to me he doesn't want to sit back, now or in the future, and to be as positive as we can.

Just my understanding.

That's the problem with trying to punctuate someone's speech. Hopefully he has now realised that you can play more than one up front and get something the game- maybe we will see it again tonight. I honestly think if we build on the confidence gained from the draw and set out to take the game to Blackpool rather than trying to nick a goal we could have a hat full and kick start a strong finish to the season for the first time in many a year. Come on Cloughie, we ain't going down, we ain't going up- lets go gung ho for the rest of the season and actually try to entertain the fans for a change......CHARGE!!!!!!!

Got a link to the interview? Everything I've seen/heard/read sounded different to that.

I've copied it below. I'm just going off the "free game bit" suggests to me that they saw the Birmingham game as something they didn't expect anything from so just went for it. I could be wrong.

Clough said coach Gary Crosby was instrumental in how the team was set up.

"Gaz said there is no such thing as a free game in the Championship but, what the hell, let's put three up there, and leave them up there," added Clough.

"We didn't want it to become a 4-5-1 and it didn't.

"It was important we stayed positive and I don't think the team spirit has been in question this season."

I've copied it below. I'm just going off the "free game bit" suggests to me that they saw the Birmingham game as something they didn't expect anything from so just went for it. I could be wrong.

Clough said coach Gary Crosby was instrumental in how the team was set up.

"Gaz said there is no such thing as a free game in the Championship but, what the hell, let's put three up there, and leave them up there," added Clough.

"We didn't want it to become a 4-5-1 and it didn't.

"It was important we stayed positive and I don't think the team spirit has been in question this season."

I think that makes sense. It's the negativity at home, and against teams we should be beating that I can't fathom.

Archived