1 Year Anniversary

Bris Vegas

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why this point has come in for so much criticism, It's a perfectly valid point. It suggests that negative tactics have prevented us from picking up points this season. How many times have derby employed a ''have what we hold'' strategy at home, pretty much after the hour mark. Fans deserve better! And it defeats the object anyway, I was always taught to believe that attack is the best form of defence, yet virtually every match we seem to be defending for our lives in the last 10 minutes to hold on to draws with mediocre teams. in fact we even try to defend 1-0 deficits.

The point is, if we are in a losing position by around 75 minutes, the statistics show that there isn't a cat in hell's chance that we will get back into the game. So actually in my opinion this statistic tell us quite a lot about the make up of this Derby team....

I'm tempted to agree with Bris Vegas. People often under estimate how important goals in the last 10-15 minutes can be.

It's not like any other 15 minutes in the game and is where some teams switch off and some teams (those near the top normally) go on to grab the winner, i.e. getting 2 extra points than they would have done having not scored in the final minutes.

Surely our promotion season under Billy Davies showed us that scoring winners and equalisers in the last minutes can be invaluable and push you up the league? Winning 1-0 rather than 0-0. Off the top of my head, games like Sheff. Wednesday at home and David Jones freekick in the last minute ...

I think the last minute wins will come Diss. It might sound daft but there has been progress on that front already - it's just slow steps.

Step one - stop conceding in the last 15, I lost count of how many points we'd lost out on in the last 15 minutes over the last couple of seasons.

We've cut that out of our game totally.

Step two - solid defence and clean sheets, we've got that in the main.

Step 3 - play relaxed and confident, that comes with step one and step two out of the way.

it's frustratingly slow progress but i think it's there.

I'd say we're not a million miles away. In fact I still think we're just a midfield general away.

Mediocre teams? Like Blackpool and Brum? Pretty decent sides if you ask me.

And as for the 'have what we hold' strategy after the hour mark, Blackpool? Barnsley? Bristol City? Coventry? Admittedly we drew one of those, but in all of them we kept attacking and scored after the hour in all of them. Think we had a go at Saints as well after Lambert had equalised, but I can't remember too well.

This argument is old. The match clock said 75 mins, Sky say 75 mins. People will not want to accept that we scored the winner at this juncture (even if it was 15, 30 seconds out) and won the game as they have nothing else to moan about.

I was at game last night and previously we may have been too negative but we had either Robinson, Tyson or Davies as an outlet up to the last 2 mins of injury time. Corners we tended to have one of the three up there as an outlet. There was nothing negative about our approach last night.

In fact I would argue that Blackpool infact became negative and Holloway made some strange decisions when he went behind. He took of his front players and brought on Lualua, Phillips and Taylor-Fletcher did he work a structure to involve them in the game no not really as it was pumped into the box where Barker and Shackell and when Buxton came on enjoyed the game more as they were playing against smaller strikers than before and also both are very strong in that area of the game (look at Leeds and West Ham United). Even in last 15 minutes Robinson had a shot saved well by their keeper, Tyson shot over (after the ref blocked his way towards goal), Davies missed a couple of shots.

Of course the argument is old, it's going to be if it's been a year since we last scored in the last few minutes. That's the whole point, but we did look more positive in the last ten last night in comparison to other weeks previous. Steve Davies looked up for it (probably something to do with him being on a hat trick though) and Robinson never stopped running.

This argument is old. The match clock said 75 mins, Sky say 75 mins. People will not want to accept that we scored the winner at this juncture (even if it was 15, 30 seconds out) and won the game as they have nothing else to moan about.

I was at game last night and previously we may have been too negative but we had either Robinson, Tyson or Davies as an outlet up to the last 2 mins of injury time. Corners we tended to have one of the three up there as an outlet. There was nothing negative about our approach last night.

In fact I would argue that Blackpool infact became negative and Holloway made some strange decisions when he went behind. He took of his front players and brought on Lualua, Phillips and Taylor-Fletcher did he work a structure to involve them in the game no not really as it was pumped into the box where Barker and Shackell and when Buxton came on enjoyed the game more as they were playing against smaller strikers than before and also both are very strong in that area of the game (look at Leeds and West Ham United). Even in last 15 minutes Robinson had a shot saved well by their keeper, Tyson shot over (after the ref blocked his way towards goal), Davies missed a couple of shots.

Yes we won, great result the goal was scored in the 75th minute though the record still stands, but for last nights game it was didnt matter as we won, and if we win the next couple scoring in the 75th and before who cares ?

Blackpool were the stronger once we scored, we didnt leave players up front for their corners in this period, but for a team that hasnt won in a while that is understandable.

Didnt see the ref diving in front of tyson though, I guess thats why the shot was so high ;-)

Also DCFC offical website record it as 75 mins.

This therefore means the end of the anniversary - yay to that. (also we won the game even better)

76 to 90 is the last 15....sorry :-(

I think the last minute wins will come Diss. It might sound daft but there has been progress on that front already - it's just slow steps.

Step one - stop conceding in the last 15, I lost count of how many points we'd lost out on in the last 15 minutes over the last couple of seasons.

We've cut that out of our game totally.

Step two - solid defence and clean sheets, we've got that in the main.

Step 3 - play relaxed and confident, that comes with step one and step two out of the way.

it's frustratingly slow progress but i think it's there.

I'd say we're not a million miles away. In fact I still think we're just a midfield general away.

Apart from Peterborough away

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Apart from Peterborough away

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

And that's the only occasion this season. There's been times where we've played well and didn't get what we deserved, but there's only been one game in which we gave it away in the last few minutes. Considering we dropped around 20 points last season, it's progress.

And that's the only occasion this season. There's been times where we've played well and didn't get what we deserved, but there's only been one game in which we gave it away in the last few minutes. Considering we dropped around 20 points last season, it's progress.

Definitely, I agree - I'm just being a tosser!

First off 76 minutes plus is the last 15 minutes so it still stands..

It only becomes an irrelevant fact if we're winning when the clock clicks at 76 minutes..

But how many games have we approached 76 minutes with us either drawing or losing.. It's the majority, and that my friends is a fact.. So we have needed to score in this period to achieve maximum points in the majority of our games..

You go on about not losing out on any points.. You only get 1 point for a draw.. So far this season we've lost it against Peterborough, drawn the rest.. We've yet to pick up a late win, the last time you'll find one of those is in 2009.

I said if you calculate all the points teams have over this period (76 minutes plus) and calculate as 3 points (getting a late winner) 1 point (finishing a draw) and 0 points (losing) we'd be in the bottom 3.. Well, we are.

Our last 15 minute record is actually pulling us back, it's giving us a major disadvantage and we're losing ponts from it.. So how does this become irrelevant?

Yes we won, great result the goal was scored in the 75th minute though the record still stands, but for last nights game it was didnt matter as we won, and if we win the next couple scoring in the 75th and before who cares ?

Blackpool were the stronger once we scored, we didnt leave players up front for their corners in this period, but for a team that hasnt won in a while that is understandable.

Didnt see the ref diving in front of tyson though, I guess thats why the shot was so high ;-)

In respect of Tyson He got the ball at the edge of the box (WEST side) started to run into the box and the ref stepped towards him forcing towards the byline and narrowed the angle on his weaker foot. It was not intentional by ref just poor position just like some of his decisions (both ways). If the ref had not stepped into that space at that time Tyson would have had a shooting angle on his stronger foot. But that is how things go when the rub of the green goes against you.

Archived