1 Year Anniversary

Bris Vegas

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a fair comment. I would gladly show Clough the door right now, but the great unknown is what would the board do in that situation? I'm not convinced they would make a good decision, so is it a case of better the devil you know in terms of keeping a negative, mediocre manager.

I always think it's silly when people ask who would you replace Clough with, as it's irrelevant really. We don't know what the board are willing to offer a manager, or who is even available and would the club be willing to buy them out of their contract if their first choice was employed by another club? Who would be even willing to come to manage us.

Too many unknowns to begin speculating upon.

Perhaps it is sillly, I don't know. What I see is people saying we should sack Clough...and then what? So the point of asking is to try to glean what those people would do next. I don't care really as I'm not one for giving him the chop at present but those who are advocating his dismissal might at least indicate who they think should take his place, explain why they would come here on the kind of money we pay etc. and develop some kind of argument as to why they would do any better in the financial and "political" circumstances we find ourselves in. That would then give us all a chance to consider the options.

For example, I could say "Sack Clough and bring in Megson because he's available". Stupid point, badly made, as far as I can see 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

For once not going to get involved with a long winded reply lol.

Bris this is an argument you have used in every thread you comment on and is now becoming your catch phrase Bris "No goals in last 15 minutes of a game" Vegas.

It is becoming boring, a pointless thread as you have argued this point to death in every thread you have been involved in and now you have started this one. I will celebrate the anniversary of this thread next year if this is ok

For once not going to get involved with a long winded reply lol.

Bris this is an argument you have used in every thread you comment on and is now becoming your catch phrase Bris "No goals in last 15 minutes of a game" Vegas.

It is becoming boring, a pointless thread as you have argued this point to death in every thread you have been involved in and now you have started this one. I will celebrate the anniversary of this thread next year if this is ok

You don't do 1 year anniversarys? Only 2 years? You're a smart guy, I bet you save a fortune.

I haven't used this in ages, I didn't seem the point as it was well documented by both Radio Derby and the TV.. It became common knowledge.. I'm merely celebrating a year, I think it's quite an achievement actually.. I'd hazard a guess that there isn't another team in the football league that has gone a whole year with scoring a goal in the last 15 minutes of play.

We're special!

I think, in a very roundabout way, we're on the same page.

I'd be up for a change - up the wages for a better manager, a more proven manager, that will get us playing better football. I'm just resigned to the fact it won't happen.

I'm not up for another unproven manager, because I don't see how that's any different. This situation needs someone with experience, which in turn costs money - so I think it's a bit of a vicious circle. If we can only attract a manager with no experience at this level, or an outstanding record in the lower leagues, then I don't think we should change.

With regard to him doing a good or job or not, that's a matter of opinion, and as you said to me, your viewpoint is perfectly reasonable and I see what you're saying. Alot of it comes down to individuals expectations, which is why so many disagree - and is why we have a forum like this. In my opinion any manager of his calibre (which is all we could probably afford to attract) would struggle to do a better job. It was never going to be a 'bring us success in 3 years' kind of gig. But I see the pitfalls and where he's gone wrong, and I get where you're coming from.

The single most important thing to me is that whoever did replace him carried on bringing youth players through. If that were to happen, I'd be open to changing it up.

I think the only difference between us is I'd take that risk. Take a punt on a manager who's not proven. Why not. Just because one manager with limited experience doesn't work, or underperforms, that's not to say all others will be the same.

As for who, as has been mentioned, I can't say. There are a ton of managers and would be managers out there. They would need speaking to and assessing how they approach the game, their attitude, etc. pulling a name out due to a past stint somewhere else or due to an affiliation to the club isn't worth it. You can't judge unless you interview these people.

Not only that, but we also haven't scored in the 12th minutes of any game in the past two seasons!

This is proof positive of Clough's negative tactics, he's completely clueless and we need to get rid of him immediately!!!!!!!??!?!?!!@~!*(%(!"$

Oh **** is this true? Clough out!

How can you can all it irrelevant? In a year we've needed to score in the last 15 minutes in over 40% of our games.. We could be 10 points better off if we actually went for the win instead of holding out for a draw..

And how many more points could we be worse off? Not many I'd imagine.

Good win tonight, facts like this become irrelevant if someone scores in the 75th minute and it's our winner.. But facts like this are extremely important if we need a goal in over 40% of our home matches in the last 15 mins to increase our points tally.

I'm tempted to agree with Bris Vegas. People often under estimate how important goals in the last 10-15 minutes can be.

It's not like any other 15 minutes in the game and is where some teams switch off and some teams (those near the top normally) go on to grab the winner, i.e. getting 2 extra points than they would have done having not scored in the final minutes.

Surely our promotion season under Billy Davies showed us that scoring winners and equalisers in the last minutes can be invaluable and push you up the league? Winning 1-0 rather than 0-0. Off the top of my head, games like Sheff. Wednesday at home and David Jones freekick in the last minute ...

Archived