Which players would you be bothered about if they were leaving?

p.shilton

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were roughly double what I'd expect (apart from the silly high ones), so I'm with you on a lot of the valuations.

Cheers, it often happens that fans value their own players much higher than they are really worth. Also, when a young lad shows a bit of promise they are slapped with a ridiculously high price tag which I have never really understood- If Bennett turns into a 15/20 goal a season Championship striker he would be worth around the 3-4 million mark tops when 20. Why such a premium is placed on really young players that are doing well is beyond me.

Well, that is what I think for what it is worth (maybe a million in your estimations! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> )

you'd sell Fielding, Brayford and Bennett for 2.5million... now if the current board did that, I would cut all ties to the club until they left! A potential england keeper, one of the top right backs in the country and the best England under 16 prospect for 2.5million... absolutely ridiculous claim.

you'd sell Fielding, Brayford and Bennett for 2.5million... now if the current board did that, I would cut all ties to the club until they left! A potential england keeper, one of the top right backs in the country and the best England under 16 prospect for 2.5million... absolutely ridiculous claim.

Slight over hype of some of our players there

Slight over hype of some of our players there

Would you care to say which one?

Brayford is amongst the better right backs in this division

Fielding has already been in the national squad.. twice, or three times and front runner for team GB if he doesnt go to euros..

Mason Bennett at 15 is already playing/starting in the national side 2 years above his age group.. and touted as englands best from 16 and downwards..

where did I go wrong? to sell all 3 for 2.5million would be ridiculous!

Would you care to say which one?

Brayford is amongst the better right backs in this division

Fielding has already been in the national squad.. twice, or three times and front runner for team GB if he doesnt go to euros..

Mason Bennett at 15 is already playing/starting in the national side 2 years above his age group.. and touted as englands best from 16 and downwards..

where did I go wrong? to sell all 3 for 2.5million would be ridiculous!

You said Brayford is one of the best right backs in the country, he is good but not that good. Fielding is not close to being an England international, being the under 21 keeper and in a few squads doesn't mean that, look at Lewis of peterborough and Loach from watford, he hasn't even played in the top flight yet which shows many a good champ keeper up. To be for I do t know that much about Bennett but if he is that good he won't be here long, once the big boys come calling

You said Brayford is one of the best right backs in the country, he is good but not that good. Fielding is not close to being an England international, being the under 21 keeper and in a few squads doesn't mean that, look at Lewis of peterborough and Loach from watford, he hasn't even played in the top flight yet which shows many a good champ keeper up. To be for I do t know that much about Bennett but if he is that good he won't be here long, once the big boys come calling

Sorry, I meant in the championship... not in the country, how isn't fielding close to being an England international? he is in the top 5 picks for the national team.. that's close enough, worth more than a million.

There was a report that said Mason Bennett was in the top 3 best prospects in the whole of europe, I'd be absolutely gutted if we let him go for 700k.

Sorry, I meant in the championship... not in the country, how isn't fielding close to being an England international? he is in the top 5 picks for the national team.. that's close enough, worth more than a million.

There was a report that said Mason Bennett was in the top 3 best prospects in the whole of europe, I'd be absolutely gutted if we let him go for 700k.

If Fielding is worth more than a million because he is close to being an England international, how is it that we purchased him for less than half that?

If Fielding is worth more than a million because he is close to being an England international, how is it that we purchased him for less than half that?

Because he was second choice at Blackburn, and he wanted first team football and urgo he came here.. I dont see how he can be classed from being miles away from the england set up despite already making the squad. I am not for one minute suggesting that he is challenging Joe Hart for the number 1 jersey but he has been very good since he has played for us, in my opinion well more than 1million, I don't see many if any better keepers at this level and still young... why would we accept such a low amount? and replace him with who?

I didn't say that I would sell those players- just that that is how much they are worth. If someone offered 2 million for Bennett and Brayford I think that the board would be tempted. I know that they are Derby players and all but Championship players that aren't banging in 15 goals a season or keeping clean sheets in every game just aren't worth big money- by the way I didn't intend this thread to degrade into the usual about values of players, just trying to gauge which players people were bothered about keeping

So long as we don't sell anyone useful for peanuts, I really wouldn't mind. The manager knows more than I do, people can be sold for more than footballing reasons, so who am I to judge purely on footballing reasons.

It'd be sad to see Addison go, but it seems inevitable (unless he can force his way back in over the summer / pre-season). I can't see us getting more than a nominal fee for him.

• 4 months later...

Archived