Best ever players for me were Pele attacker or defender Maldini

Curtains

For me, that I've seen...

------------------------------Buffon------------

Cafu---------------Maldini-------Cannavaro-----Carlos

----------------Zidane----Lampard----Xavi

-CRonaldo-----------------------------------------Messi

------------------------------Ronaldo

I know you like lampard but better than Inesta, Virera, Seedorf etc?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you like lampard but better than Inesta, Virera, Seedorf etc?

Best goalscoring central midfielder of the past 20 years, in this instance zidance and xavi don't score enough goals regularly whereas Lampard is probably the best and most consistent goalscorer from central midfielder in history.

If he had played in Spain I am sure he'd of had a lot more than he has scored here! Technically not the best, but industrial and gets the job done!

Best goalscoring central midfielder of the past 20 years, in this instance zidance and xavi don't score enough goals regularly whereas Lampard is probably the best and most consistent goalscorer from central midfielder in history.

If he had played in Spain I am sure he'd of had a lot more than he has scored here! Technically not the best, but industrial and gets the job done!

How many of them goals were penalties?

IMO he wouldn't.. Spain requires a different type of midfielder, one that can keep the ball is equally as important as one who can stick it in the net.. Hence why Paul Scholes is marvalled at by Spanish people as his general play was anything but English (apart from his tackling)

I think Lampard was a class player and got alot of stick unfair especially as an international player.. IMO he's far better than Steven Gerrard or any other CM that has played in an English shirt during the past 7 or 8 years..

But he has taken advantage of the rush football that is apart of the english game.. He scored many penalties but more than anything was his goals scoring from just outside the 18 yard box.. Coming directly from a defensive error or a hoof upfield + Drogba knockdown.. He'd really struggle to assert himself in Spain and Italy for that matter and IMO would appear quite limited. Chelsea (well Morinho) used him perfectly..

Erm....how have we got this far in a best player of all time thread with no mention of Diego Maradona? - I know he's an Argy and punched the ball past Shilts (although you have to ask how shilts let a 5ft 5in guy outjump him) but he remains the most talented player I have ever seen - I remember watching him play for Napoli and he was hitting 40 yard crossfield passes wrapping one leg behind the other (kind of like the Cruyff turn, hard to describe but you know what I mean I am sure), no reason, he was in space but he was just showing off.

Hell of a player

For me, that I've seen...

------------------------------Buffon------------

Cafu---------------Maldini-------Cannavaro-----Carlos

----------------Zidane----Lampard----Xavi

-CRonaldo-----------------------------------------Messi

------------------------------Ronaldo

Mine is quite similar except I would probably have Schmeichel (Peter) in goal although that is close, I would bring in Baresi for Cannevaro as he is the best Defender I have ever seen.

Lampard would be replaced by Maradona - to be honest Lampard would not be in the 16, the 24 the plane or the training squad, he is good but does not belong in this company.

Might Bring in Van Basten ahead of Xavi to have a 4-4-2 and sod the holding player - it is a fantasy team after all.

Linekar - a great player & captain IMO. Gave his all, didn't dive about and at least got a consolation goal against Maracheata.

Love players that have an attitude or a swagger about them, Henry, Cantona, Ballotelli (i'll get shot down for that one), Di Canio, Ronaldinho, Marta (for the women out there), Neymar, Bergkamp, Zidane, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and of course Callum Ball...

Just to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons, I think this guy deserves a mention just for this goal alone. Say what you like about Becks, that was a helluva free kick to take when the pressure was on.

Just to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons, I think this guy deserves a mention just for this goal alone. Say what you like about Becks, that was a helluva free kick to take when the pressure was on.

Swiss Ram is going to **** a lung... tin hats on! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

IMO he wouldn't.. Spain requires a different type of midfielder, one that can keep the ball is equally as important as one who can stick it in the net.. Hence why Paul Scholes is marvalled at by Spanish people as his general play was anything but English (apart from his tackling)

I think Lampard was a class player and got alot of stick unfair especially as an international player.. IMO he's far better than Steven Gerrard or any other CM that has played in an English shirt during the past 7 or 8 years..

But he has taken advantage of the rush football that is apart of the english game.. He scored many penalties but more than anything was his goals scoring from just outside the 18 yard box.. Coming directly from a defensive error or a hoof upfield + Drogba knockdown.. He'd really struggle to assert himself in Spain and Italy for that matter and IMO would appear quite limited. Chelsea (well Morinho) used him perfectly..

Because he'd be so direct and 'industrial' against the spanish, he does after all have a 1 goal every 2 game record in the champions league... for me his drive from midfield is the best i've ever seen, watch a selection of his goals and in many instances its him that starts and finishes the move off obviously other players look prettier in possession than Lampard but as effective in the danger areas? nope, not zidane, not xavi, not scholes... not no-one.

Certain players look so much better when on the ball, but in football you need someone that is going to put the ball in the net. We should of learned this lesson with Bueno, unbelievably talented on the ball... but so ineffective!

Archived