Are the investor scared of success?

Boycie

But why? Why get a 2nd manager in. Why not just a new one? Just because he's Nigel Clough, why does that afford him the special treatment.

Hasn't clough been in a job for 14 straight years... that to me is very experienced! regardless of other peoples opinions to say he is inexperienced is just moronic!

this to was the OP but it didn't come... sorry wilko!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But why? Why get a 2nd manager in. Why not just a new one? Just because he's Nigel Clough, why does that afford him the special treatment.

I know, ideally I'd prefer him to go, but that's not going to happen is it? So, I'm offering a solution that could work for all parties.

I know, ideally I'd prefer him to go, but that's not going to happen is it? So, I'm offering a solution that could work for all parties.

After seeing Wolves struggle to appoint someone and hire their assistant... I think you should re-think that stance.

Crosby as manager 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Hasn't clough been in a job for 14 straight years... that to me is very experienced! regardless of other peoples opinions to say he is inexperienced is just moronic!

this to was the OP but it didn't come... sorry wilko!

So if he's so experienced then why does the same things happen over and over again? Surely if he was so experienced as you say he is then he would learn from mistakes made and not keep repeating them? Also, you're the moronic one if you think that working in non-league football as a manager suddenly means you're going to do well in the Championship.

So if he's so experienced then why does the same things happen over and over again? Surely if he was so experienced as you say he is then he would learn from mistakes made and not keep repeating them? Also, you're the moronic one if you think that working in non-league football as a manager suddenly means you're going to do well in the Championship.

Where have I ever said non-league football managers do well in the championship... you seem to have a case of making up a theory in your own head and then trying to argue with it.

14 years season on season management is experienced.. infact he is joint 3rd/4th most experienced manager in the chamionship in terms of seasons managed.

Experience certainly isn't an issue, no-one can say it is... what you're trying to imply that he has poor judgement!

After seeing Wolves struggle to appoint someone and hire their assistant... I think you should re-think that stance.

Crosby as manager 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

I'm sure there are plenty of good managers who would take the wolves job but not the manger they want now. It's one of then jobs that you can get blamed for taking the team down and many don't want that on there cv's. What annoys me is people on here saying no one could do better than clough. Well how do we know? We are at the same spot as every year under him so far, a couple of good runs and then the players look unconfident, scared and slightly uninterested hoping for the season to end. We all know that a new manger could come in and make us worse, or they could make us a lot better, or we can keep what we are doing and not really go anywhwre

I'm sure there are plenty of good managers who would take the wolves job but not the manger they want now. It's one of then jobs that you can get blamed for taking the team down and many don't want that on there cv's. What annoys me is people on here saying no one could do better than clough. Well how do we know? We are at the same spot as every year under him so far, a couple of good runs and then the players look unconfident, scared and slightly uninterested hoping for the season to end. We all know that a new manger could come in and make us worse, or they could make us a lot better, or we can keep what we are doing and not really go anywhwre

What I would be worried of in getting rid of Clough, you make a gamble... you disrupt a pretty much settled club with new staff and a new manager, all of which will take a pay-off which would mean we would more than likely cancel out any transfer budget we had in store for next season, when in fairness there really isn't much need

Our budget alone means we're always going to struggle to compete in this division in terms of being one of the chasing pack, the standard of new manager isn't going to be a proven one as we can't afford it, we could probably ask an experienced one at this level out of work like Simon Grayson, Ian Dowie or Phil Brown... best person for the job is Billy Davies although he would be out of budget and the americans wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Not saying a new manager COULD NOT do better than Clough, but I think it's more likely it will unsettle the side and we'll be far more likely to go down.

Where have I ever said non-league football managers do well in the championship... you seem to have a case of making up a theory in your own head and then trying to argue with it.

14 years season on season management is experienced.. infact he is joint 3rd/4th most experienced manager in the chamionship in terms of seasons managed.

Experience certainly isn't an issue, no-one can say it is... what you're trying to imply that he has poor judgement!

So Nigel Clough's 14 year experience didn't involve non-league football then no?

So basically your scared that we may go down? Do we really spend less than all the clubs above us? Do you think clough gets the best out of the players at his disposal? As good managers do. Look at Swansea they were ok under there last manager but wanted to step up so made the tough decision and brought Rodgers in who had failed at his lost job. Norwich after one game sacked gunn and brought in lambert. I'm sure our owners didn't make the money they had from fear of failure. No one gets that rich being that cautious.

This discussion about managers is as old as the hills, some work,some dont, take Tanman,**** here,but for a while people at Hull thought he was the Man... Alan pardew, depending on where you look at his career he has had highs and lows, is he a bad manager ?

Arsene Wenger, need i say more...

Its a needle in a haystack,especially without a decent budget, which would help any manager.

To do it on a shoestring,now thats the one most teams want, and few get.....

As a great manager once said, 'be careful what you wish for young man' 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I cant face much more of this though. I like to enjoy watching the team, I currently dont, I would say its the most unenjoyable time as a Derby fan. I enjoyed more when we were near the bottom all season under Burley. This stuff is on par with Tan man and Gregory, terrible.

well i think the only way to force there hands into ther ******* pockets is by protesting again, and this time lets try getting large numbers outside the ground and leting our feelings be heard as to many are staying quit the longer, we do this the longer there going to get away with it. I say next home game we start a chant off saying yanks out or get your money out.

The board and Clough came out ages a go and said it was a 10 year plan. Not even half way yet.

That's the idea you're buying into, isn't it?

Of course they're gonna come out and say we'll be challenging for the play offs. You don't try to lose games, you try to win them. Probably should of said a top half finish is the challenge!

I'd be disappointed if we didn't achieve it this season, mind.

The board and Clough came out ages a go and said it was a 10 year plan. Not even half way yet.

That's the idea you're buying into, isn't it?

Of course they're gonna come out and say we'll be challenging for the play offs. You don't try to lose games, you try to win them. Probably should of said a top half finish is the challenge!

I'd be disappointed if we didn't achieve it this season, mind.

I thought the 10 year plan was to make us a PL force and global brand ?

Im pretty sure they said a YOY improvment was the minimun we would see, what happened to that, yes we have a better wage budget but as a team it could be argued that we have gone backwards or at best level to when we started.

And finally given the strict guidelines we now have in place how do we get better, NC I was told last night, said he is happy where the team is at the moment, given that we cant score goals for toffee, havent got a creative player in the team, and struggle when any player gets injured to bring in a half adquate replacement and therefore have to fit square pegs into round holes, we are looking more like a 100 year plan dont you think ?

That is never going to work, bringing another manager to work along side Clough after he has been in the job 3 years. Are you bring serious? We would be the laughing stock of the football league and so would Nigel Clough.

I thought the 10 year plan was to make us a PL force and global brand ?

Im pretty sure they said a YOY improvment was the minimun we would see, what happened to that, yes we have a better wage budget but as a team it could be argued that we have gone backwards or at best level to when we started.

And finally given the strict guidelines we now have in place how do we get better, NC I was told last night, said he is happy where the team is at the moment, given that we cant score goals for toffee, havent got a creative player in the team, and struggle when any player gets injured to bring in a half adquate replacement and therefore have to fit square pegs into round holes, we are looking more like a 100 year plan dont you think ?

Can understand your frustrations if you've been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for that moment when everything clicks, and suddenly what we have become world beaters.

To be honest I've expected a bit more this season. We've had another couple of promising spells, but then slump back into inconsitency and a bad run of games. I say inconsistent, but when we win, we win a few, when we lose, we lose a few. That's pretty consistent of Derby over the last few years.

We don't draw many games. Whats up with that?

Anyway, it's an improvement on the last few seasons because we aren't battling against relegation. We haven't been anywhere near it all season. Maybe the squad have become complacent? Don't want to drop down into those realms. Last 3 seasons, that's exactly where we've been...last 4 infact.

I'm disappointed myself, expected to be in the top half all season, but we've dipped into 15th a couple of times.

Archived