When's the last time we bossed another team on their own patch?

HenryKrinkle

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We only started bossing them when they were three nil up and happy to sit back and not bother attacking.

Sorry if my Chardonnay addled memory is out - thought we were away, battering them early this season but couldn't get the breakthrough. Must have been at home.

own patch was the question which i assumed meant us being the away team>? sorry if got that bit wrong??

k'inell.. erm.

Maybe Peterborough away the last time they were in this division? 3-0 winners I think, DJ Campbell popping up with a goal. Don't see too many teams setting up the way we do at home. Doesn't matter where i've watched us play, the home team has never let the away team settle, something I can't say at Pride Park.

Seems we look to cancel out the opponents strengths away from home rather than play to our own. Its very negative and its been the case since Clough has been here. We may have taken a few more thrashings (and we've had enough of them) if we played with a little more freedom away but I'd like to think fortune favours the brave and we'd have a better away return overall. With a win ratio of around a third (?) under Clough not surprising that we're almost non-existant away is it?

Archived