Striker a priority

sage

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We started 442 with Carroll on the right, then switched to 433 as they were killing us in midfield

Not really suprising is it?

Tyson despete being played as a forward pushed out to the left all the time, hence taking up the space that Jamie Ward needed to run into.. Why have your two fastest players on the pitch squeezed up into the same space? Laughable.

Not to mention a natural CM at RM and just sitting there, therefore giving Paul Green (probably our most creative midfielder when used correctly playing at RB) no options to get forward..

That first half was actually laughable, both Tyson and Ward near the cornerflag battling 3 players whilst Callum Ball was our only white shirt waiting for the inevitable **** cross that was bread and butter for the 2 CBs that were marking him.. Wes had a field day. Our midfielders offer no support, they don't make any forward runs and they're afraid to shoot from distance = no goal threat.

If Clough actually ordered our players to play like this, then he really is an ameture manager and is totally out of his depth.

I'd love to see a training session of us.. I'd like to see if he actually tells Frankie to aim long balls down the field, I'd like to see if he picks up on how static our midfielders are, I'd like to see if he instructs one of the best attacking RBs in the league (Brayford) to overlap on the right side, I'd like to see if Tyson can actually score a goal, I'd like to see if they work on basic ball control, I'd like to see if they have Shackell and Barker playing 3 on 2 so they can work out that they can pass it out from the back instead of hoofing it..

I'd also love to see their video room and the tapes and notes they make on the opposition and how they can counter certain situations.. I bet they either don't have one or it's been collecting dust since Billy Ds days.

We could have had Billy Sharp up front against Leicester and it wouldn't have made any difference.

A timid, weak and clueless midfield ensured Leicester had it easy and it was irrelevant who was up there. Callum Ball had to drop ridiculously deep.

As for playing Tom Carroll at right mid, I don't know what to say. He was being asked to have a physical contest with Paul Konchesky. That was, as Bris might say, laughable.

Carroll is a highly rated midfielder that has looked pretty decent for Tottenham when he's played, with a long list of clubs wanting to sign him. It's very typical of us to make him look so bad. He was absolutely useless against Leicester.

Carroll is supposed to play with a tough-tackling midfielder with presence who can protect him. Modric isn't even asked to make any physical challenges for Tottenham - his job is to pass the ball. That's what Carroll's being groomed to do.

You can have whoever you want up front, but it doesn't make any difference with a crap midfield behind him.

Tyson despete being played as a forward pushed out to the left all the time, hence taking up the space that Jamie Ward needed to run into.. Why have your two fastest players on the pitch squeezed up into the same space? Laughable.

Not to mention a natural CM at RM and just sitting there, therefore giving Paul Green (probably our most creative midfielder when used correctly playing at RB) no options to get forward..

That first half was actually laughable, both Tyson and Ward near the cornerflag battling 3 players whilst Callum Ball was our only white shirt waiting for the inevitable **** cross that was bread and butter for the 2 CBs that were marking him.. Wes had a field day. Our midfielders offer no support, they don't make any forward runs and they're afraid to shoot from distance = no goal threat.

If Clough actually ordered our players to play like this, then he really is an ameture manager and is totally out of his depth.

I'd love to see a training session of us.. I'd like to see if he actually tells Frankie to aim long balls down the field, I'd like to see if he picks up on how static our midfielders are, I'd like to see if he instructs one of the best attacking RBs in the league (Brayford) to overlap on the right side, I'd like to see if Tyson can actually score a goal, I'd like to see if they work on basic ball control, I'd like to see if they have Shackell and Barker playing 3 on 2 so they can work out that they can pass it out from the back instead of hoofing it..

I'd also love to see their video room and the tapes and notes they make on the opposition and how they can counter certain situations.. I bet they either don't have one or it's been collecting dust since Billy Ds days.

Glad you're back mate.

No. He's a young lad and banging goals in for U18's and reserves will be better for him and his confidence than feeding off the scraps served up by the first team. Plus we don't want him making a mistake out there otherwise he could find himself loaned out or sold.

I would give him a go. He missed a few chances in his last game, can't remember who against but he was getting chances and sometimes a forward just needs one to go in and the rest will follow. I know he's young but he seemed quite strong, got up when he got knocked down and kept going.

We're ******* dire! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Paul Green wouldn't be the most creative midfielder in my sunday league side, I would personally say Bryson, Hendrick, Bailey, Bavies and Ward could all be more creative than Green.

He just runs about, his final product is questionable!

Would be good from a business point of view as well, empty seats has got to be a concern

for the board at the moment, and there is no better way to fill em up than with a decent striker

I'd be happy with McSheffrey or similar, thats where I want the million going this summer.

Archived