Striker a priority

sage

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than getting a new striker I'll give Clough a slap in the face...and whats more, I'll do it for free.

If he plays Theo and Davies up front rather than Ball and Tyson then I believe we'll score plenty of goals. That said, if the midfielders create goals for the forwards and score goals themselves, than we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

Ah, but thats just my opinion...I'll still give Clough a slap for being silly though.

We created 4 chances last night and two went on target. A new striker would not make more chances. It's not like we had 10 shots and 1 was on target, if that was the case then yeah we would need a striker but when you're at home (and I don't care how much Leicester have spent) and you create 4 chances in 90 minutes you realise you may well need a bit more in the way of midfield creativity.

We created 4 chances last night and two went on target. A new striker would not make more chances. It's not like we had 10 shots and 1 was on target, if that was the case then yeah we would need a striker but when you're at home (and I don't care how much Leicester have spent) and you create 4 chances in 90 minutes you realise you may well need a bit more in the way of midfield creativity.

Do Theo's and Green's "efforts" offically count as shots?

A striker would become an expensive scapegoat... Billy Sharp would of been boo'd off by now without a doubt.

Don`t be ridiculous , you honestly think that a quality player such as Billy Sharp would not inprove the RAMS !

What is this obsession with boo-ing our own players , last night there was some boo-ing but did this help the team ?

When we got behind the team for 45 minutes, Leicester were ordinary ; we need experienced players such as Danns and let our kids learn their trade in the reserves or on loan to lower league teams . Experience costs money , there is no need for a scapegoat , we all know we have an absentee Board of people who do not want to invest - there your reason for all our current

problems !

I remember seeing an interview with Neil Danns on Soccer AM recently (not that I watch it that often) in which he was asked why he chose Leicester over other clubs. It was amusing seeing him attempt an answer without saying 'the money was better'. Unfortunately a class player like him will cost money, whether in fees or wages. I have no doubt that Clough can unearth quality players on a shoestring budget, and I trust that he will in the summer, but to really get anywhere we need at least one marquee signing, surely?

Don`t be ridiculous , you honestly think that a quality player such as Billy Sharp would not inprove the RAMS !

What is this obsession with boo-ing our own players , last night there was some boo-ing but did this help the team ?

When we got behind the team for 45 minutes, Leicester were ordinary ; we need experienced players such as Danns and let our kids learn their trade in the reserves or on loan to lower league teams . Experience costs money , there is no need for a scapegoat , we all know we have an absentee Board of people who do not want to invest - there your reason for all our current

problems !

Billy Sharp needs service to score, he isn't a player that will pick it up in deep positions and run at players and then score nor is he a player to score from distance. If he had signed he'd of spent the majority of his time sitting on the last man twiddling his thumbs doing nothing.

People would of called him a 'lazy waste of money' he is a fox in the box type striker if you don't get it into the box you don't get anything from them, as I've already said on our list of priorities a striker should be 4th/5th on the list! Build from back to front.

We need a new midfield and foward line as the players bought in and not really any better than what we have had the past 4 years.

I wish clough would sometimes be a bit more attacking, why doesn't he ever start with all 4 of ward and Tyson wide an two up top ie Davies and theo instead of just a few mins at the end when we are losing. I'm not saying this would solve anything but at least have our attacking players on the pitch at once and maybe carry some threat.

I couldn't make it last night so ended up watching on TV - probably saw it a little more objectively than when I'm seeing it live.....

My biggest criticism is that we didn't appear to have a settled formation or any real tactics - the players had no idea where they should be on the pitch (possibly aware that Clough would use the pro-zone stats against them, the midfield and forwards ran about like headless chickens). We have to have some form of plan when we take to the pitch, but I'm not seeing that at the moment

Pre-game, there was talk of Ball & Tyson playing up front - for most of the game, Ball was in isolation and Tyson was on the wing - the only time he got in the box was for free-kicks and corners - is this Tyson's fault or was he told to play there?...we are a shambles and the buck has to stop with Clough.....

Gotta wait for our young strikers to mature - like this one:

[url=http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-20-MNT/2011/04/Conor-Doyle.aspx]http://www.ussoccer....onor-Doyle.aspx

Yes, it's almost a year ago, in typically talked-up USA-style, but it's linked on the official site today, on top of the 'In The Media' section.

How can we say a striker is really a priority with these riches in our midst?

I couldn't make it last night so ended up watching on TV - probably saw it a little more objectively than when I'm seeing it live.....

My biggest criticism is that we didn't appear to have a settled formation or any real tactics - the players had no idea where they should be on the pitch (possibly aware that Clough would use the pro-zone stats against them, the midfield and forwards ran about like headless chickens). We have to have some form of plan when we take to the pitch, but I'm not seeing that at the moment

Pre-game, there was talk of Ball & Tyson playing up front - for most of the game, Ball was in isolation and Tyson was on the wing - the only time he got in the box was for free-kicks and corners - is this Tyson's fault or was he told to play there?...we are a shambles and the buck has to stop with Clough.....

Tyson started up top, but after about half an hour it dawned on Nigel that we had no right winger so he changed it. Expect the same lack of a wide player next game though.

I remember seeing an interview with Neil Danns on Soccer AM recently (not that I watch it that often) in which he was asked why he chose Leicester over other clubs. It was amusing seeing him attempt an answer without saying 'the money was better'. Unfortunately a class player like him will cost money, whether in fees or wages. I have no doubt that Clough can unearth quality players on a shoestring budget, and I trust that he will in the summer, but to really get anywhere we need at least one marquee signing, surely?

Indeed, I think the key to getting in value for money creative players on our budget is the foreign market. However as we know this is a market Clough is not interested in and he is more than likely to put these types of players in the naughty boys club. Expect more runners and kickers in the summer.

Prime example of this is Bueno, the only player that has come in from abroad and had us playing our best stuff under Clough. But as we all know that quickly changed, didn't it?

I still think if NC is only allowed to buy one player, it should be a quality centre forward. Not just for the goals, but because our main problem is, in my opinion, that 80% of passes to our forwards, including accurate ones along the floor, result in us losing possession. When that happens, you don't just concede possession, your midfield players stop making runs and you fail to get the ball to wingers in advanced positions.

Put Goddard and Saunders in the admittedly average side we have and we'd be top six, pushing top two.

We wouldn't need a CM if we didn't let Addison go. Davies i believe with better set pieces and a better Midfield can be a 15-20 goals a season and i believe if Davies is scoring and playing well so will Tyson! So you have to look at the midfield a good play maker would be good, bryson is ok but hasn't got that expert pass, I think Carroll yes in-experienced but has that cutting pass and he showed it a few times against Leicester and if he is played with Addison to compensate for his in-experience and fragility, i think it's enough quality if we decided to sign him on a permo. There isn't alot of money that needs to be spent on the team just to be sensible and provide cover!

Addison won't play for us again, Steve Davies can barely manage 20 games a season never mind 20 goals, Tyson? pppft, we can't afford a playmaker, and Carroll is never going to sign for us, he's being blooded for Spurs.

Apart from that, not far off.

Archived