Falling out of love with the club?

Leeds Ram

I am not f[size=4]alling out of love with the club.[/size]

I am simply not that bothered by current team anymore.

With this bunch of crap "honest", "hard-working" players.

With this useless miserable manager. Idiotic interviews, tactics, subs e.t.c.

With this dull, **** football week in week out. The worst i've seen in my life.

It's all so BORING. Better things to do on Saturday evening.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramchope/YR - I don't think you can ever fall out of love with your team to be honest. I started following Derby in 1980-81 mainly because at the time they were ***** and I love a challenge, and following the Rams has been pretty much that ever since, so never stop loving the team.

You support a fantastic football club with a proud history and some of the best fans in the country (Yesterday at St Marys we outsang Saints fans even at 4-0) . We are going through a dire phase because of a lousy board and a poor manager, but this won't last forever - no manager or board ever do.

I understand the apathy - I have stopped going to PP because the cost of travelling and tickets is too much for such a poor return on the pitch, and I pick & choose the away games I go to, but I follow the club in other ways from afar. Be proud to be a Rams fan and support the team but don't let the club take you for mugs, like some of the blind faithers do. It will eventually change for the better, so dig in and wait for the day when these shysters from the States piss off back to where they come from and we start to move forward again.

With the cost cutting over the previous years, I was always expecting that we will have a larger impact on the transfer market this summer, and I firmly believe that it was always the plan. No doubt when we actualy spend a few pennies in the window, the deluded amongst you will believe that 'your complaints were finally heard' and that complaining here has achieved something. Similar to when we got Kuqi on loan, and some folk believed that telling Nigel on forums/phone-ins made him realise this (because he's apparently too stupid to know that 0 strikers aren't enough).

On the flip, [size=5]IF[/size] we do nothing in the summer, I will accept that it is I who was the deluded one (but this won't happen). And I'm not saying we'll do a QPR or a Leicester and try to buy promotion, but we'll invest on 2 or 3 key players (possibly frees on a decent wage).

I haven't fallen out of love with Derby, we have had a lot better and a lot worse boards in my time watching Derby, and I seen a lot better Derby teams but also a lot worse. I renewed my season ticket yesterday not because of Glick said or didn't say but because of my unconditional love for the club and team

In all honestly I can't wait to become as miserable as some of you. Makes me know it's real. Despite my relative youth, I've been long suffering with my sporting fandoms. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 93', the Royals haven't made it to the playoffs since winning the World Series in 85'(before I was born), and I've experienced heartbreak countless times as K-State has come so very close to an elusive national title(we have none, in any sport).

As bad as yesterday sucked, it's good to know I was angry enough to curse in front of my grandma(I can count the number of times I've cursed in front of her on one hand) when we went down to 3-0.

I can understand people being extremely frustrated with the way Derby has been handled last few years but you either love the club or you don't. It can't be changed depending on good times.

I have however experienced something like this in reverse. Used to support a local team playing american football. There were two other local teams which were more popular and doing better for a long time. Finally things changed. The team won the championship and me and my friends were thrilled. Next year we won again. It was great. Year after that we won again. Threepeat. We were glad but it didn't feel the same anymore. Next year we won again. There wasn't much joy anymore for the fans and the core of the team decided to retire. There was nothing more to gain. For anyone.

The team soon run out of players and called it quits. I don't have a team to support anymore but I still have the love for the club. The love for the club is not optional. In my opinion.

Ive had enough, I don't even listen on the radio anymore tbh. I come on this forum to check out rumours etc but thats about it. The magic has been dwindling for a while now. In fact the only reason I am going to the Leicester match was because of the Groupon deal.

I think it is great we finally have young players coming through, but it is now just a bore fest with a bunch of nobody players (Fielding, Barker, Shackell and Green are probably the only players Id make a fuss over if I saw them) - the club is becoming a Coventry.

I think its a shame that I have gone to see Newcastle (used to live there) play more then Derby over the past few years - the whole experience is a different kettle of fish and a thousand times more enjoyable.

What is this crap people are spouting about the bad times, this isn't a bad time? This is a new era for Derby County titled "stability". We're off the rollercoaster and quite frankly I'm bored sh*tless already. Total utter apathy. I'm sick of reading and posting about FFP, the wage bill, the accounts, I can guarantee if the football was any good we wouldn't hear a mention of it. We're on a 10 year plan and as it stands I'll probably be off next year so I've stuck out 3 or 4, I look at the gates with amazement as in my group I'm one of the last off the train!? We've obviously got a new breed of happy clapping drones into PP every week because I know a serious number of the 70's, 80's and even early 90's lads have dropped off now, a trip into the pubs on a saturday afternoon will tell you that. You WONDER why the atmosphere has gone?

Radio Derby could be mistaken for the clubs own media outlet as Gibbo appears terrified of upsetting Nigel, his toys and pram. Sounds almost as if Glick goes on air with a list of preapproved questions. Nigel's cuts seem to have been extended to every flair player at the club and based on that one wonders how long Jamie Ward has before his number comes up. The player of the season award might feature such prestigious contenders (on merit) as Robinson or Roberts which slightly depresses me. I notice Peterborough below us in the league and I sort of pine for their type of football; all-out-attack with that calamitous fragility at the back, my god at least the football is exciting. We go away from home with such a negative outlook and so often get sent home with anonymity having left no impression on the other team or fans. At home, we don't seem to either want to or have the ability to kill off teams, its grab a goal and defend for our lives. I'm just sick of it- tedium to tears. This post isn't on the back of a 4-0 loss to Southampton, it doesn't even matter, I wasn't p*ssed off yesterday because I don't get p*ssed off these days; I just expected to be embarrassed by a team below us in league status last year with ambition whilst we briskly move into year 4 (?) of the 10 year plan...

Ramchope/YR - I don't think you can ever fall out of love with your team to be honest. I started following Derby in 1980-81 mainly because at the time they were ***** and I love a challenge, and following the Rams has been pretty much that ever since, so never stop loving the team.

You support a fantastic football club with a proud history and some of the best fans in the country (Yesterday at St Marys we outsang Saints fans even at 4-0) . We are going through a dire phase because of a lousy board and a poor manager, but this won't last forever - no manager or board ever do.

I understand the apathy - I have stopped going to PP because the cost of travelling and tickets is too much for such a poor return on the pitch, and I pick & choose the away games I go to, but I follow the club in other ways from afar. Be proud to be a Rams fan and support the team but don't let the club take you for mugs, like some of the blind faithers do. It will eventually change for the better, so dig in and wait for the day when these shysters from the States piss off back to where they come from and we start to move forward again.

What game were you at? One of the quietest away supports i've seen in a long time. Practically everyone was sat down and there was about 20 people singing. Didnt help that it was allocated seating in such a confined space. Southampton have always been quite loud at home though, that section to the right of us has good numbers and they were louder than us for the entire game.

It's not a case of falling out of love , i will always watch Derby as i love the game and it's my team. Even through the purple patches i have always not been happy with our owners and never will be , they are more than happy to see us sit in the middle of the table as we are, im not. This club deserves to be a premiership club and could be a premiership club with the right owners? Look at teams like Wigan , Bolton , Fulham , Blackburn? We are definately a bigger club than all these.... A lot of people are happy with the way the board are running us, were financially safe , yes, but there's financially safe and this! You can still give a few million to get some players in while being financially safe. Clubs life rangers,pompey and forest and only struggling because they pay ridiculous amount of wages and player fee's year after year.

Sounds like we need a 'Claire Raynor' or a 'Marje Proops here, Jeremy Kyle, have a word with 'em m8 please.

Relationships need input from both sides, there may be more downs than ups atm, but, hey **** happens.

http://newhumanist.org.uk/images/Claire_Rayner1

Claire says - Never mind my lovey - keep persevering, do try your best to make the best of things along the way. The road is long, often with many pitfalls that will do their best to suck you in. Such times can appear to be suffocating - but you musn't give up lovey. One day that spark that has a knack of lying dormant will burst into the most beautiful firework, you'll see.

All is not lost my dear. The power of positive thinking must never be underestimated and at times, this may seem to elude you but you can get it back. It's there within your grasp, just reach out and allow it's strong arms to grab you and lift you out of the dark places.

And lovey - remember you're not alone, many of us are in the same boat, paddling desperatley against swirling troughs and dips, looking for the calmer waters we know are there. Through teamwork & support, you will one day reach the promised land!!

Enjoy your Sunday lovey, with kind thoughts and regards,

Agony Aunt legend, Claire Raynor.

So where did this phrase 'happy clappers' come from? so we have to be bored, fed up, cheesed off, had enough of supporting this great club, peed of with the board, etc, etc to be able to go to pride park these days. If you want to go to a game and support your club then go with out fear of people calling you a happy clapper just because you support your club. and yes I have supported since 1966 and seen more than most on this forum will ever see.

FFP is a pain the backside but unfortunatly the powers that be have decided it is the way forward. Some clubs have tried to jump start this by spending money before it comes in. They will get caught out when FFP comes in. at least we are prepared though. It would be nice to have a million pound striker who can actually score goals and a big powerful midfielder who actually gets stuck in

I may have posted in the wrong place,but this discussion crosses over with comments here, [url=

Posted Today, 10:48 AM

[url=http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=252492]http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_images/master/snapbackcurb, on 18 February 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Seems as though the whole point is useless, we haven't got the money for experienced players.

[url=http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=252504]http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_images/master/snapbackramblur, on 18 February 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

It always used to be said that you could introduce 1 young player into a team,and maybe 2 into a good team and that any more would be really pushing it.I reckon you could do a lot of harm to youngsters if handled wrongly.

[url=http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=252505]http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_images/master/snapbackAndyB, on 18 February 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

nfb I think our young midfielders and strikers would benefit hugely from playing with good, experienced midfielders and strikers, good point. They don't need to cost the earth, just be better than we've got. Based on recent performances from our front 6 this shouldn't be difficult! However our board don't have the ability to see this.

Exactly my point Curbs, it is pointless, thats just it..... i cant believe that clever,wealthy people could be bothered to invest the time and money for (as i said) 'peanuts' ?, unless their business model is Crewe !

My worry is that maybe the owners being mostly foreign,dont understand the dynamics of football,as Ramblur and Andy B say, they are potentially not maximising their investment, in my opinion by not investing in some experience to bring the youngsters on properly, and increase their value, if they are to be sold ?

As we know, they are seriously wealthy, so the money is there ,although we are told there isnt any!

So thats been my point in my last few posts, what do the board intend for us, do they have another 'concept' for us after the abandonment of the 'Global Brand'.

If so will we ever know it, so we can get behind it/them, or are they disinterested? I cant believe the latter, as they would have sold us by now because of the dwindling lack of return, and lack of forseeable real money from the Prem etc.

Its a puzzle inside a conundrum............

So i to am struggling to know what to think about the club i love.

What grates me the most is that the club has shown minimalistic progress over the 3 years that Clough has been in charge, on or off the field, which Clough surely must take a lot of the blame for - no quality academy players coming through, money wasted on terrible signings (Ben Davis, Robinson, Maguire).

And what really gets my goat is that some folks on here claim that Clough has done a sterling job in getting the wage bill down by getting rid of obscenely overpaid, average footballers and replacing them with lower paid, extremely mediocre footballers -where's the talent in that? I could have done that, surely the technique is the replace them with BETTER players on less money not the same level or worse?

In his Southampton pre-match comments Clough said that we couldn't afford Billy Sharp and that there are plenty of players whom are playing at lower levels whom have made the step up (mentioned Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson) that we should be looking at buying, well if that's the case then why have we got useless Theo playing upfront for us instead of one of these prodigies Nige, thought that you were brought in for you acumen of the lower leagues and to talent spot players whom could perform at a much higher level??

What grates me the most is that the club has shown minimalistic progress over the 3 years that Clough has been in charge, on or off the field, which Clough surely must take a lot of the blame for - no quality academy players coming through, money wasted on terrible signings (Ben Davis, Robinson, Maguire).

I don't agree all of Nigels buys have been bad at all. Managers do make duff signings (Look at Wenger recently, Sir Alex when he bought Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Veron and Forlan for instance) - I am happy with Nigel on the transfer front with his limited funds.

So where did this phrase 'happy clappers' come from? so we have to be bored, fed up, cheesed off, had enough of supporting this great club, peed of with the board, etc, etc to be able to go to pride park these days. If you want to go to a game and support your club then go with out fear of people calling you a happy clapper just because you support your club. and yes I have supported since 1966 and seen more than most on this forum will ever see.

Its the antipodal phrase from "wrist slasher" to give you some background. Just as you can pitch yourself in these two transposed camps PP's demographic seems increasingly split between coffin dodgers and young families, where have all "the lads" gone is my point, seem to be dwindling by the year?

Archived