Falling out of love with the club?

Leeds Ram

DERBYCOUNTY'S PAINFUL (To the tune of Suicide is Painless)

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[chorus]: Derby County's painful

Nothing ever changes

but I can't take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[chorus]: That Derby County's painful

Nothing ever changes

The game of life is hard to play

I think we'll win it anyway

The winning goal must go in

so this is all I have to sing.

Nothing ever changes

The only way to win is chear

Every shot that goes so near

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[chorus]: That Derby County's painful

Nothing ever changes

The Club of Club's will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

Nothing ever changes

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

'What is it best to be'

and I replied 'Oh that's Derby'

'Cause Derby County's painless

it brings on many changes

and I can't take or leave it if I please.

...and you can do the same thing if you choose.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens to the parachute payment if a club goes up before they expire?

I think it gets shared out by the other clubs, so the best we can hope for is if the clubs who get relegated all go straight back up.

Except then it's not so much an advantage as everyone gets it.

I'd never fall out of love with Derby.

Derby County is like my child.

Makes me mad, makes me proud...

But it will always be mine.

I couldn't think about supporting another club.

I question that now LR, The way the club is being run is leaving me apathetic to the club itself. I am going to renew because it's a force of habit but I don't have the passion I did for the club. Hopefully the tide will turn and the spark will be back (it has never gone before), and I suppose I am still going and I think I always will, so maybe your assessement had some truth in it.

I'd be willing to bet that yours is a view shared with lots of others YR - but stick with it, the spark will never go, it just might not seem to be all that bright sometimes.

I have been going for 10 years now, but I am starting to fall out of love with this once great club. Liatening to Nigel talk about how there wasn't much difference between us and saints today, despite the obvious 4-0 defeat just emphasises where we are as a club. We have no ambition, seemingly no money and a dwindling support who seem apathetic to the demise of the club, or are dressing it up.

The 10 year plan was doomed from the first bastardized moment they dreamt it up, unlike American sports we have an actual league system and a different attitude. We are currently 3 years in to the plan and we have achieved some goals, 1) cut down the wage budget 2) gone from relegation scrappers playing god awful football, too playing as an aggressively mediocre boring midtable side which looks like it is going nowhere, by the way we still have a losing record this season. 3)We have also brought in some acadamy players to suppliment the first team, yet even with this bunch we don't look great, 4) the manager despite struggling hasn't been sacked.

On paper it doesn't look brilliant, less money and low league positions tends to mean less fans (despite the group on offers). This tends to lead to less players wanting to come here and us munching off our aggresively mediocre academy for first teamers, and let's be honest there is a no real gurantee our academy will produce top class players. This could lead to a death spiral and end us up as Coventry, this is my worst fear and it looks like a possibility. We are a long way short of the consistency and quality needed to challenge for the playoffs and it doesn't look like it will change soon. These are some of the reasons why I am simply not that bothered anymore. I used to be extremely passionate and live for Derby, now it is just something to do on the weekend. This is the greatest crime a football club can commit, to turn it's supporters off, does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

Stiffen the sinews YR this is DCFC your supporting........you either love us or you don't.......middle ground isn't an option 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

It's not the cost of the season tickets, the will to go and watch the dross has gone, a guarantee from Glick this time will not work, better things to do on a Saturday and that's after 42 years of watching.

Will no doubt go and watch the odd game when the Groupon deals come on line

I will never fall out of love with DCFC. I am falling out of love with this forum though.

Supporting a club has its ups and downs and yes, there are more downs with Derby but that the way it is.

Real supporters will not fall out of love with the club. They will get frustrated but there support will never wane.

I will never fall out of love with DCFC. I am falling out of love with this forum though.

Supporting a club has its ups and downs and yes, there are more downs with Derby but that the way it is.

Real supporters will not fall out of love with the club. They will get frustrated but there support will never wane.

Mate this this forum is is just a reflection of a microcosm of DCFC.....dunna worry about it.... the mood will go up and down 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I started as a supporter (proper) the season we got relegated to the third division so Ive seen bad times and some high times.

Young Ram - stop going sunshine, go to the cinema or take up fishing, seriously Im sick of this wining.

After today I to am thinking about the lack of investment - but to say Im falling out of love with the Club?....!

MTFU the lot of yer 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

We have lost to Reading and Southampton, games which neutrals and the bookies expected us to lose.

We have a young team and ***** like this happens. the best thing we as fans can do is turn up next Thursday and get behind the team. Leicester are the opposite of us, they've defaulted on their debts and ended up with a sugar daddy. So fookin what? They'll never have the support we have.

People nowadays want everything done for them, sometimes you have to want it enough to fight for it yourself.

Are you prepared to turn up at Pride Park on Thursday and do what ever you can to inspire the team to beat Leicester. OK, it may be an inconvenience to actually raise your arse out of your seat long enough to cheer on your football team but It might just be worth it.

Don't ever under estimate how much you can inspire the team, try it, you never know what may happen.

Or fook off and support which ever Manchester club happens to be richer.

DCFC is for life.

Nice one reb,

I've had to convince my boss that I need to work a different shift to complete a project just so I can make the game, (no hols left to take, should be on 2-10 shift),

As JFK said, ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club.

never knew he was a Ram though................

I have been going for 10 years now, but I am starting to fall out of love with this once great club. Liatening to Nigel talk about how there wasn't much difference between us and saints today, despite the obvious 4-0 defeat just emphasises where we are as a club. We have no ambition, seemingly no money and a dwindling support who seem apathetic to the demise of the club, or are dressing it up.

The 10 year plan was doomed from the first bastardized moment they dreamt it up, unlike American sports we have an actual league system and a different attitude. We are currently 3 years in to the plan and we have achieved some goals, 1) cut down the wage budget 2) gone from relegation scrappers playing god awful football, too playing as an aggressively mediocre boring midtable side which looks like it is going nowhere, by the way we still have a losing record this season. 3)We have also brought in some acadamy players to suppliment the first team, yet even with this bunch we don't look great, 4) the manager despite struggling hasn't been sacked.

On paper it doesn't look brilliant, less money and low league positions tends to mean less fans (despite the group on offers). This tends to lead to less players wanting to come here and us munching off our aggresively mediocre academy for first teamers, and let's be honest there is a no real gurantee our academy will produce top class players. This could lead to a death spiral and end us up as Coventry, this is my worst fear and it looks like a possibility. We are a long way short of the consistency and quality needed to challenge for the playoffs and it doesn't look like it will change soon. These are some of the reasons why I am simply not that bothered anymore. I used to be extremely passionate and live for Derby, now it is just something to do on the weekend. This is the greatest crime a football club can commit, to turn it's supporters off, does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSk4C9WPaJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSk4C9WPaJw

Suprised by some of the comments here. Thought you lot have had a good season. But I suppose watching Cotterill football every week, it does cloud my opinion. Every team is having a brilliant season compared to us.

How's Tyson played, when he has played, by the way?

Cheers

I have to be honest, I am too feeling quite apathetic and disillusioned about my support for Derby right now. I'm only 20 and have been supporting Derby since around 1998/9, since then I think Derby have only finished in the top half of the table twice in 14 years, TWICE! I have not had this feeling of the 'good times' as a Derby fan (other than the season under Burley which was exciting) and I'm assuming this is the same for YR (don't know how old you are), so it feels slightly condescending and annoying when people have enjoyed watching great Derby teams say 'support your club through the good and bad times' most of us young fans have nothing to look at to compare.

Whereas I used to get excited when seeing/hearing/watching on Gilette when Derby score, or feeling complete agony when we let one in, right now I feel nothing. I don't know whether this is because of the current management and team not showing an ounce of ambition, or whether this is down to watching 12 seasons of utter *****.

I do still feel obliged to go and watch Derby and will shout and cheer, but its starting to feel more and more forced (makes me sound a mug for wasting my time and money I know), I will always support and love Derby, but would just love to feel some excitement and passion watching them again.

Mate, thanks for making this thread. I'm in the same position as yourself right now...really, in exactly the same position. I don't get excited about going the match anymore. I absolutely hate everything about what Derby County is atm. i mean, what is it? Its not the club I once loved. I didn't feel this way when we were last in the Prem and that was shocking, we all know that. But yesterday was the first time I questioned Nigel Clough. I'm on the verge of writing an email to Peter Gadsby to get him to buy the club back. (Insane I know) As a Derby fan I'm lost. I don't know what to do next. My dads renewing my season ticket this week. But I don't WANT it. I just feel its the right thing to do. *confused*

Archived