Glicks interview

Gaspode

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nowt special although he did mention the petiton and is willing to listen to the fans regarding move the fans. He just gave the usual old ***** regarding the finances.

What is he saying Soton have spent mnore than us? I dont think they have tho execpt on Billy Sharp. The diffrence was a lot more than 1 player.

Didn't so'ton pay a fortune for Lambeth last season?

Just over a million, not much for a 20+ a season striker.

In hindsight I wish we'd have just not signed Shackell and bought a striker with that money, we haven't improved as a defensive unit. I thought we had but the mistakes are still there that have been for 3-4 years now.

In matchday chat I said this wasn't a lowpoint.

I actually think I was wrong, for a number of reasons.

I could take Glick's interview, that horrible ST renewal advert on the OS, Nigel's post-match comments, the result or the performance in isolation - but the combination of all of them together in one day is pretty grim.

What difference will my support make next season? None whatsoever. We won't have a relegation fight, we won't be pushing for promotion.

Fans really will vote with their feet next season.

We haven't finished in a top half of a division in half a decade. We've only done it twice since the turn of the millenium. If you want to see what that kind of performance does to a club like us over a sustained period, look at Coventry City...

I'm sick of the scare mongering from Derby. Rangers aren't in turmoil because they signed Hugh Jass from Loch Ness FC for £850,000. They spent tens of millions beyond what they were getting.

Pompey perhaps shouldn't of paid Benjani 40k per week in the Championship or whatever.

Scare mongering.

In matchday chat I said this wasn't a lowpoint.

I actually think I was wrong, for a number of reasons.

I could take Glick's interview, that horrible ST renewal advert on the OS, Nigel's post-match comments, the result or the performance in isolation - but the combination of all of them together in one day is pretty grim.

What difference will my support make next season? None whatsoever. We won't have a relegation fight, we won't be pushing for promotion.

Fans really will vote with their feet next season.

We haven't finished in a top half of a division in half a decade. We've only done it twice since the turn of the millenium. If you want to see what that kind of performance does to a club like us over a sustained period, look at Coventry City...

They haven't finished in the top 5 of any division since 1966 though.

I never get tired of that stat 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived