Season Ticket Renewals Are Announced

davenportram

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a 10% increase is a challenge in the current economic climate. I heard Glick say on the radio that it's only £2 per month but that's spin as usual. Firstly that only applies to category D and secondly you can't pay 0% over 12 months. I hope we get good numbers renew but I fear another decline in gates. I wonder if Nigel will get an increase in his playing budget or whether we're looking at even more cost cutting!

It made me smile when I heard about Leeds, there support can either be poor or good no middle ground for them. Perhaps a massive increase is raising money for the new FFP or whatever it is called. I have no idea if it is correct or not cus I wont infect my computer with there website!! but certainly a difference between 100% rise and 10% 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I know accounts can give a misleading picture and be manipulated to a certain extent but a cashflow statement can't! And I am not trying to turn this into a pro board, financial, argument...just pointing out that they have to pump cash in to plug the gaps in the budget.

Fair comment G Star but it depends on what they have paid to Gellaw, giveth with the one hand and taketh with the other. The Gellaw accounts report a £6.6m increase in shareholder funds in the last set I have, need to check in the very latest which are due out.

Excuse the poor poetry, but it sums things up.

It’s that time of year for me to choose again

Should I endure another season of heartbreak and pain

The letter arrives telling me how much I’m to pay

If I’m to make the pilgrimage down Stadium Way

I check the website, to find out what the cost will be

After all, Mr Glick said he wanted to reward loyalty

Would it be just a few shillings or a couple of pence

How wrong I was, instead, a little rise of 10 percent!

So now it’s time to decide what to do

Should I cough up and pay, as I’m a Ram through and through

I’ve asked my boss for a similar rise

Unfortunately his answer wasn’t a surprise

I made a decision after consulting with my father

Then changed my mind after a call from Shaun Barker

So next season it’s off to Pride Park once more

To cheer on lads with a mighty roar.

COYR 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fair comment G Star but it depends on what they have paid to Gellaw, giveth with the one hand and taketh with the other. The Gellaw accounts report a £6.6m increase in shareholder funds in the last set I have, need to check in the very latest which are due out.

From memory they had taken nothing out, will have to check this, and I know they were charging interest on a loan to the club but I don't have the details to hand.

Accounts not due until end of March, is season ticket renewals deadline before this?

Would be interesting to work out how much tickets would have been had we been given inflationary rises over the last years plus made to pay the vat increases ourselves, I'm sure it would work out quite a bit more expensive than we are being charged.

Around 17%, my ticket would have been around £37 higher than it is now going to be.

Did the first year of the pay freeze though take out the cup tickets that had previously been included ?

The VAT increase, as would the decrease would be included within this figure.

Around 17%, my ticket would have been around £37 higher than it is now going to be.

Did the first year of the pay freeze though take out the cup tickets that had previously been included ?

The VAT increase, as would the decrease would be included within this figure.

Thanks for that, saved me a job!

It's amazing how all of the people who moan about the increase never refer to the 7 year price freeze!

From memory we have not had cup tickets for a long time.

Thanks for that, saved me a job!

It's amazing how all of the people who moan about the increase never refer to the 7 year price freeze!

From memory we have not had cup tickets for a long time.

No, I moaned about the price freeze, I thought that we should have had a decrease given the quality of football we have had to endure. 7 years with no increase, I didn't think it was that long they had been frozen for.

In most walks of life you improve what you are doing and then charge for it, this is my gripe, so if they get promoted then charge the extra. Anyone re-newing now takes a risk and should therefore benefit from the price freeze, those that wait and see can then pay the full price. Just a thought and there is no perfect solution to this as we'll all moan if Nigel is given little money to spend again.

No, I moaned about the price freeze, I thought that we should have had a decrease given the quality of football we have had to endure. 7 years with no increase, I didn't think it was that long they had been frozen for.

In most walks of life you improve what you are doing and then charge for it, this is my gripe, so if they get promoted then charge the extra. Anyone re-newing now takes a risk and should therefore benefit from the price freeze, those that wait and see can then pay the full price. Just a thought and there is no perfect solution to this as we'll all moan if Nigel is given little money to spend again.

Probably a poor comparison but I doubt the quality of petrol you put in your car gets better every time it goes up, nor does the bread you eat get better.

Should the unthinkable happen and we get promoted after renewing your season ticket would you go to Pride Park and give them some extra money?

I understand that the quality of football has not been great for a while but at the end of the day we are still charging in line if not well below what majority other teams on an equal footing are charging their fans.

Archived