Season Ticket Renewals Are Announced

davenportram

just had a phone call from Shaun Barker !!

I sit in N lower which was recategorised as C for everyone except early bird renwals last season. I have checked my renewal price and is is STILL at cat.D. Can't be bad. And then there is the £50 voucher......................and out of date shirt!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get it, is £510 (=24,000 roubles) so much money that make it tough for a lot of people to buy the season ticket?

24.000 roubles (£510) = half of monthly (ave) wages in Moscow. Isn't that expensive to be honest.

Anyone know how much money the club makes from season ticket sales.

Using the 24,00 x £510 gives us just over £12 million, however, you have the free under 12's tickets, and the average for adults, juveniles and OAP's?

I'd guess around £9 million? Which is a pretty similar to our wage structure. Plus the club get money from merchandise sales, cup runs and for being shown on t.v.

I wont bother getting a season ticket as I havent the last few years, I get tickets for pretty much every game free so why pay?

While I dont need tobuy one has the price actually stayed the same for 4 or 5 years or when you renew do you pay last seasons listed price?

Anyone know how much money the club makes from season ticket sales.

Using the 24,00 x £510 gives us just over £12 million, however, you have the free under 12's tickets, and the average for adults, juveniles and OAP's?

I'd guess around £9 million? Which is a pretty similar to our wage structure. Plus the club get money from merchandise sales, cup runs and for being shown on t.v.

2 years ago (with 21,000ish season tickets) we had a total ticket revenue of £6.3m for the whole season, so doubt it's anything like that, maybe more like £4-5m.

If there's one reason we don't seem to spend much on playing staff compared to other clubs without our attendances it's probably down to us having season tickets "too" cheap.

It's nothing to do with having tickets 'too cheap'. The amount of money we make from ticket sales is relatively minor compared to what we spend on the playing staff. Charging a higher price might get us another £250k player plus their wages/bonuses/signing-on-fee/agent fee etc, but it's not going to let us spend money like Leicester etc do. That's all down to whether the owners are willing to put extra money in on top of what they are getting from us - and looking at the sort of value for money that Leicester, Ipswich, Forest etc are getting, you can see why ours are less than willing.

just had a phone call from Shaun Barker !!

I sit in N lower which was recategorised as C for everyone except early bird renwals last season. I have checked my renewal price and is is STILL at cat.D. Can't be bad. And then there is the £50 voucher......................and out of date shirt!

That's where I am - just behind the goal.

£275 last year + £110 for my lad so I'm looking at a total increase of just under £40.

I can live with that, although I can see the increase might be difficult for some.

Do we both get free shirts and vouchers?

I'll be renewing, not surprised by the price rise, wonder where that puts us in the league on ST prices? I'm sure someone knows a link to that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is a good offer to renew early, I am sure some will be tempted by the shirt and £50 voucher, however the quite clever thing is that they are offering 0% loan so you can pay it off in stages at no extra cost.

The fact that we are operating at a loss indicates to me that every penny of income (plus more on top) is being pumped back in.

Operating at a loss is a bit of a misleading term. Yes, the company's "expenditure" exceeds it's income, but in a set of accounts, expenditure doesn't equal cash out. Also bear in mind any player purchases would go on the balance sheet as assets rather than straight through the Profit and Loss account. Expenditure like salaries will go through as expenditure in the year, but the player costs will only go through bit by bit, as the cost has to be spread over the player's contract. Having not seen the accounts, I'm not sure what's gone on the balance sheet in the year, but the movement in assets will suggest if the club have made an investment or not.

Finally, being an accountant has paid off! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

I'm going to renew this month and get my free handjob and t shirt an all... cracking deal, really!

As I will be 21, I get it for 200 pound.. can't argue at that! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I turn 20 at the end of this season and 21 at the end of Next..

I have money from other things waiting to come into the bank so i will stick that in my Savings with my Christmas Money and this years birthday money (Not till July) and hopefully i'll be able to get a Fairly good seat in the Early Bird Sales in March-April time.. This is gonna cost me a bloody fortune, but for football every week you kinda cant complain

I'll be renewing, not surprised by the price rise, wonder where that puts us in the league on ST prices? I'm sure someone knows a link to that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is a good offer to renew early, I am sure some will be tempted by the shirt and £50 voucher, however the quite clever thing is that they are offering 0% loan so you can pay it off in stages at no extra cost.

Only if you pay it off in 4 months its around 29% apr if you split it over 8 months

I turn 20 at the end of this season and 21 at the end of Next..

I have money from other things waiting to come into the bank so i will stick that in my Savings with my Christmas Money and this years birthday money (Not till July) and hopefully i'll be able to get a Fairly good seat in the Early Bird Sales in March-April time.. This is gonna cost me a bloody fortune, but for football every week you kinda cant complain

I have no excuse, I spend 200+ on petrol a month, so going to football is a much more useful way of spending money. In the grand scheme of things it really isn't bad, obviously next year it'll double just about but still affordable all the same!

More money into the club means... another big singing, no? well a man can dream, if nothing else... gives me something to moan about all week!

Ah, didn't realise that, however could be a good option for some.

Its still not bad for my full adult ticket & my brothers young adult ticket inc interest its £650 but we get £100 to spend in the club shop & 2 shirts for £77 upfront & £82 per month for 7 months

Its still not bad for my full adult ticket & my brothers young adult ticket inc interest its £650 but we get £100 to spend in the club shop & 2 shirts for £77 upfront & £82 per month for 7 months

sounds pretty good, and with the 50 quid voucher you can get next years shirt anyway 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Okay, so I'm going about moan about it, say how unjust the increase is, find every excuse as to why I shouldn't renew and then pick up the phone and order new season tickets.

Dare I take my chance with freebie give aways and discounted tickets on the bring a friend deals?

I bet the £50 voucher runs out before the 12/13 kit is revealed, probably the week before, you wait and see, or is this just my cynical side comming through?

Ah, didn't realise that, however could be a good option for some.

Note to self. Always read the T's and C's. Whilst the 0% headline sounds great there is a big sting in the tail for those that won't be able to pay it off quickly. This is an offer the club aim to make money from.

Just had Mr Barker on the blower, encouraging me to renew me ticket but I have no idea how the sneeky beggar found me private line number... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I hear ya Barks!

Loving his signing off message, said with much enthusiasm - looking forward to seeing you at PP! Come on you Raaaams 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived