Season Ticket Renewals Are Announced

davenportram

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

queue more moaning about investment.....if you don't like it, don't renew- just don't bitch and moan about it. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular BTW

I will be renewing as I have done for the past decades (as Im old), but I will moan about lack of investment if I feel like it, please feel free to block my posts if you dont like it. :-)

Well took my son to a few games this season so far, and will be getting seasons tickets this year for me my son, and another

so theres 3 new additions although 1 will be a freebie, only if he gets a seat if he doesnt get a seat on the free ticket I will have to buy another season ticket,

all these people saying not enough money is being spent on the team, the club is STILL operating at a loss, everybody has seen the figures, the days of chairman/owners bankrolling teams are over!!

I'm not moaning about the price increase, I think thats fair, although I think it will lead to another decrease in season ticket sales. However, suggesting people pay before February is a joke, yes you get a 'free replica shirt' that in 2 months willl be in the sales for a tenner, and a free £50 voucher, that will have some dodgy terms and conditions, but there is still over two months of the season to go, we could go a winning/losing streak, that may make some fans reconsider their purchase good or bad.

I believe in the current economic climate, where our familes season tickets would cost over £1000 to buy is a bit risky.

Isn't the renewal pretty much close to the end of the season, but if you choose to renew early you will receive some benefits; normal business practice as cash flow is important to all of us. I agree that the current economic climate is going to make it tough for a lot of people to buy the season tickets but the club couldn't really make it any easier to give people the opportunity.

I will be renewing as I have done for the past decades (as Im old), but I will moan about lack of investment if I feel like it, please feel free to block my posts if you dont like it. :-)

I know you will Leeds, believe me! I wouldn't block your posts, seems a bit rude...

They've not really lied have they? Last summer they said if Clough identified the right target they'd pay a 'Barker' size fee. Clough identified shackell and they spent £1million (give or take a quid or two) on him, as well as spending a bit of money on Maguire, Theo, Bryson, Fielding and Ward. So we spent a good £2million+ on players, which compared to some teams in this league isn't bad. At the same time we've successfully decreased the wage bill and built a young squad that is always improving.

All this is completely irrelavent as you well know.

It needed to be at least £10m and us romping the league for TG not to be completely vilified.

Personally I do not think TG is doing that bad he is employed by a group of investers and is abused for daring to take a wage I can not remember any 'promises' he made last year that were broken.

It would be nice to have made a bit more progress but we are in a healthy position in the league with as you say a young improving squad.

We could be in a far far worse position!!!

bit miffed with the price rise, in this economic climate you would have thought they would have kept it the same to tempt people to come back. My mum pays for mine usually but this year I have to come up with the goods or ask for a loan which I will have to pay back. While this season Glick hasn't rengeded on any promises I still don't trust the man.

They are absolutely taking the mickey out of everyone of us, no increase in seven years and no investment in the last three either, this cannot go on. We all want to watch our team but we all also want us where we belong, the blatant lies, games and empty promises must stop and some of our hard earned cash pumped back in.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I will be renewing, since I got my season ticket last year I have been putting £10 aside a week for next seasons, so I will be going down with cash this weekend.

that's exactly what i do - and since i gave up smoking, drinking, fast cars and even faster women - a tenner is no problem.

(sometimes when i sit at the match - i do wonder though)

I agree that the current economic climate is going to make it tough for a lot of people to buy the season tickets but the club couldn't really make it any easier to give people the opportunity.

I just don't get it, is £510 (=24,000 roubles) so much money that make it tough for a lot of people to buy the season ticket?

24.000 roubles (£510) = half of monthly (ave) wages in Moscow. Isn't that expensive to be honest.

We'll be renewing, think Dav's going on Monday to do it and personally I'm thankful to the club for not raising them before now. They could have, quite easily in fact but it's a business after all and it has to make a profit from somewhere.

And the £50 voucher - is that one per ST then? That's another bonus from my view as it will pay for me lads' birthday present, he always wants the new kit so that's that sorted.

I can't grumble at this. If they put it up next season by another 10% I might be miffed but not this time.

I just don't get it, is £510 (=24,000 roubles) so much money that make it tough for a lot of people to buy the season ticket?

24.000 roubles (£510) = half of monthly (ave) wages in Moscow. Isn't that expensive to be honest.

Don't know the wages in England or in Russia but £510 is a lot of money. For many people the reality is that all the money is needed for bills and living. Saving £500 for season ticket might be a big project for the whole year.

Archived