Season Ticket Renewals Are Announced

davenportram

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think DCFC will have a lot of questions about the price rises. Personally I am not too bothered about it, as mentioed it is the first price rise in 7 years, however I don't really like the way they refer to it as a 'slight increase'!

I wonder if the price rise reflects the fact that they are expecting another decline in season ticket holders on the back of another transfer window with no investment?

They are absolutely taking the mickey out of everyone of us, no increase in seven years and no investment in the last three either, this cannot go on. We all want to watch our team but we all also want us where we belong, the blatant lies, games and empty promises must stop and some of our hard earned cash pumped back in.

They are absolutely taking the mickey out of everyone of us, no increase in seven years and no investment in the last three either, this cannot go on. We all want to watch our team but we all also want us where we belong, the blatant lies, games and empty promises must stop and some of our hard earned cash pumped back in.

They've not really lied have they? Last summer they said if Clough identified the right target they'd pay a 'Barker' size fee. Clough identified shackell and they spent £1million (give or take a quid or two) on him, as well as spending a bit of money on Maguire, Theo, Bryson, Fielding and Ward. So we spent a good £2million+ on players, which compared to some teams in this league isn't bad. At the same time we've successfully decreased the wage bill and built a young squad that is always improving.

I'm not moaning about the price increase, I think thats fair, although I think it will lead to another decrease in season ticket sales. However, suggesting people pay before February is a joke, yes you get a 'free replica shirt' that in 2 months willl be in the sales for a tenner, and a free £50 voucher, that will have some dodgy terms and conditions, but there is still over two months of the season to go, we could go a winning/losing streak, that may make some fans reconsider their purchase good or bad.

I believe in the current economic climate, where our familes season tickets would cost over £1000 to buy is a bit risky.

It'd be good for them to throw a few incentives in.

I can live with price rises, I deal with them everywhere - on the train, in the pub - it's unavoidable.

But throw in 2 free cup tickets, a few kids for a quid games, maybe a £20 upgrade to the Pedigree lounge twice a season. Anything, really.

People are skint at the moment, and like any other business, deals need to be created to entice people. It's clear that some supporters can take or leave having a season ticket, and some who can't justify the cost - it's those people that we need to get back. There'll always be people who will just instinctively get one year on year, but I get the feeling that number of people is decreasing.

The fact that we are operating at a loss indicates to me that every penny of income (plus more on top) is being pumped back in.

I can understand that the season ticket might be too expensive for people due to the economics. But for those who feel it is out of reach there is still those groupon deals which by many posters are considered as excellent bargains.

Archived