Lancaster uni?

Leeds Ram

Why are you dreading it yr? Is it purely because you don't want to leave home? If it is, can you not try Notts or one nearer to you?

yes, I love my home and I don't want to leave, also leaving very good friends behind. I would but it's too late, the deadline for applications has passed and I'm only allowed 5 choices of which I have used up. If I don't leave home now though I never will.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, ya needn't lose contact with your mates, stay in touch with them plus, ya'll meet a whole new set of people. You'll get used to it and can always nip home on weekends. Ya'll be fine, just takes a bit of getting used to I s'pose. Ya have to do it though, otherwise one day you might regret not going.

Well, ya needn't lose contact with your mates, stay in touch with them plus, ya'll meet a whole new set of people. You'll get used to it and can always nip home on weekends. Ya'll be fine, just takes a bit of getting used to I s'pose. Ya have to do it though, otherwise one day you might regret not going.

exactly, just something I'm not looking forward to. I will really miss my house as well and I can't take my most prized possessions like all of my books, my bookcase and other things. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> but oh well, I need to do it and I want to go on and do a masters as well so it is necessary. Thanks for the advice.

yes, I love my home and I don't want to leave, also leaving very good friends behind. I would but it's too late, the deadline for applications has passed and I'm only allowed 5 choices of which I have used up. If I don't leave home now though I never will.

Was one of the choices Hallam in Sheffield? My boy has been there 4 years now, not really got a clue what he's

studying(something to do with computers) but he settled in there straightaway, and says it is a great place to be

not sure if he means the academic side or the social side, both I think, I just hope, at the end of the day, he

finds a job that suits him.

Good luck YR

Was one of the choices Hallam in Sheffield? My boy has been there 4 years now, not really got a clue what he's

studying(something to do with computers) but he settled in there straightaway, and says it is a great place to be

not sure if he means the academic side or the social side, both I think, I just hope, at the end of the day, he

finds a job that suits him.

Good luck YR

thanks no it wasn't one of my choices but I did have a look. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> my choices are Lancaster, York, Goldsmiths, Loughborough and Coventry. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I am glad your son is enjoying it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I have been offered a place at Lancaster University, just wondering if anyone has been and what they thought of it in general. I have been offered a place at Loughborough, Goldsmiths and am waiting on coventry but I'm definitely not going and waiting upon York.

I've been offered a place there too. To be honest, it's a good uni but my main gripe is that it's in the middle of nowhere, and socially, I don't think it's that great. And Goldsmiths, you won't fit in unless you're a ridiculous hipster ********. I'd say hold out for York.

yeah tbh though not sure if i care about social things that much. It will be close between York and Lancaster.

War of the Roses then, depends upon the details of the course. Personally I'd go York if it was a flat call. Better social scene, faster trains to Derby and a lot more cosmopolitan perhaps. And Leeds would be a fine nearby city; well if it didn't have Leeds fans in it. All the best for your choice. Lancaster's a nice enough town. Only the Uni is out by the M6 and a bit detached.

I'm at Nottingham Trent at the moment, in halls, i wanted to stay close to home, and Derby Uni is not great, and Nottingham Uni didn't do my course (Pharmacology) but I love Trent - i'm in my first year, so went through the whole UCAS thing very recently.

I've got friends who are at York, Loughborough and Lancaster, and all of them love we're there at, one who went to York didn't come home for 4 months because she loved it that much!

I work at Lough University as a.. 'something' could be classed as any of the 'microscopist, consultancy engineer, technician, dualbeam engineer, department pin-up boy or just all round top boy'

It depends on what you want to do though, Engineering/Science/Sport then Loughborough is really good but I would say that but for other subjects I'd probably look elsewhere, but wouldn't take my opinion with much weight.

You've gotta be in a city, YR!

Haven't got an offer from my insurance choice yet but I don't think I'll consider going to Winchester anyway.

Got offers from Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham. Which is the best for nightlife?

Birmingham is a f**king sh*thole and full of nobs with stupid accents, Leeds I thought was pretty decent, and Notts is well... Notts. Good but I don't like to admit that.

You've gotta be in a city, YR!

Haven't got an offer from my insurance choice yet but I don't think I'll consider going to Winchester anyway.

Got offers from Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham. Which is the best for nightlife?

Notts is a good night out. Leeds is even better. I didn't like birmingham and the only people I know that do are at wolverhamptom uni. My mate at birmingham isn't a big fan of the place.

• 1 month later...

Not a fan of cities Duracell, I'm doing sociology ran, and thanks for all the advice everyone. The campus does have everything on it so that could work to an advantage as I wouldn't have to leave campus which for me would be a plus.

It'd be better going to a city mate I would suggest. You'll get bored of campus and plus in your second and third years you won't be living in Halls necessarily so will be outside of campus anyway. Plus in a city you've got more chance of finding a part time job.

Personally, being a History student I'd go to York purely because the city is one massive Historic site, haha. But got mates at Loughborough and they say it's pretty good. My girlfriend went to Coventry and says socially it's not great.

Archived