The Strange Coincidence of meeting a Florist fan in class

RamOfKansas

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously Ramb',...what do you reckon would happen if we sneaked a play off place, scrambled through to Wembley, won, as we always do there, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> would the owners/GSE/yahoo etc turn us into Man City or Norwich City?

Die is cast now as far as Man City type plays go.You can no longer buy your way into Europe-it seems to me that new regs tend to safeguard the positions of those already there.

Trying to remember what I said we'd be likely to generate in terms of cash surplus should we get there again.Think it was £8m on top of the £14m we managed last time,so c£22m to play with,if we managed the same players' wages of £23m again (I suspect we may even try to come in below this).I doubt there'd be any new capital injected,which would mean they'd face the same problems as the LOG (don't get the cash when you really need it).I therefore suspect that they may borrow £10m (either internally or externally) and repay it at the end of the season (the extra £8m brings about different dynamics to those faced by LOG).If we stayed up,we then wouldn't face the same problems that we initially faced,as there would be surplus cash to invest in the following summer's window (and also,if we stayed up,by definition we'd have at least 3x the place money,which I think was about £750k per place.)

Having thought more about this than in my last piece,then if the revolving loan were still in place,it would surely be kicked into touch,at a cost of £3m,and if a £10m loan were used,there'd probably be an interest bill of £1.25m to meet (otherwise c£450k for PP loan).The other thing that I didn't factor in last time is promotion bonuses,though I've a sneaking suspicion they might not be too demanding under this regime.

I could of course have answered you in one word-Norwich (for some reason,"bold","smileys" etc aren't working and the panel is 'faded' ??)

Archived