Any American college basketball or football fans here?

RamOfKansas

Not american related, but Derby Trailblazers won a national trophy this weekend, think it's the basketball equivalent of the fa cup. Good achievement.

A basketball team I take it? That's strange. English basketball teams stealing American sports naming for an American sport, while seemingly most American soccer teams are changing their names to become more "European" in their naming. Like the KC Wizards becoming Sporting KC.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know ya'll don't like piped in music over there. I'm not a fan of a lot of it. Unless you have proper crowd engagement, it just comes off weird. But the Wisconsin 3rd quarter jump around will take no slander towards it. This is my one dream in my college fandom life. To make my way to Camp Randall Stadium and take part while hammered along wit the rest of the Wisky student section Skip to 0:41.

Posted that on here a while back, what's awesome about it is you can see a guy going crazy towards the bottom left if you watch it in HD. Oh, and the awesome wow factor.

Not a big fan of college ball but been a Suns fan since 93.

Love the NBA, not what it used to be, but still great.

College ball has never got a good coverage over here so I rely on the guys on phxsuns.net to keep me informed.

We have only used our picks well on a couple of occasions and Saver is more likely to trade them away at the moment (although Morris is a decent pick up) so not been excited about anyone coming up since Amare.

Gridiron is ok, but prefer to watch highlights as there is so much stopping and starting. Never really settled on a team, although used to have a big Redskins puffa jacket back in the day and it fits well to half my surname, but they were just an average team.

College ball has never got a good coverage over here so I rely on the guys on phxsuns.net to keep me informed.

We have only used our picks well on a couple of occasions and Saver is more likely to trade them away at the moment (although Morris is a decent pick up) so not been excited about anyone coming up since Amare.

I'm kinda suprised it doesn't get a little more coverage during the NCAA tournament. That's like the World Cup over here to us. Should be shared more with the rest of the world.

On the Suns, I don't follow them much but I love Steve Nash. He deserves more respect than he gets even if he hasn't won a championship. Morris is a freaking beast, but alas I will never like him. He's a KU guy and was a bit loose with the elbows in college.

I'm kinda suprised it doesn't get a little more coverage during the NCAA tournament. That's like the World Cup over here to us. Should be shared more with the rest of the world.

On the Suns, I don't follow them much but I love Steve Nash. He deserves more respect than he gets even if he hasn't won a championship. Morris is a freaking beast, but alas I will never like him. He's a KU guy and was a bit loose with the elbows in college.

Yes, yes, all very well, but whats it got to do with sport? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

$95 million on a five year contract, good signing but what about tebow

I'm not sure Manning has that many years in him but hey it'll be worth it if they get a Super Bowl out of it. Tebow was supposedly going to the Jets but there was snag, who knows where he's going now. I feel for the guy really.

Why would anybody go to Jets willingly ?

No idea. That's like a terrible enviroment for the average player but that's like the exact opposite thing needed for the virgin wonder boy Tim Tebow. He's legit on that but New York will eat him alive. Particularly playing on the Jets.

If anyone reads this, I need some happy news. K-State basketball coach Frank Martin just left after a childish public feud with our athletic director. The news is bleak and this is me.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/52419_o

Sorry mate, can't think any good news to save my life. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> Wait isn't it time to start baseball season there ? That should be good.

Archived