Any American college basketball or football fans here?

RamOfKansas

So who is going to win the Super Bowl today ? Any fans of either team here ?

To be honest I hope both bludgeon each other into possible brain damage in 4 overtimes before finally settling on a draw. But anyway it's probably a better matchup to watch for ya'll. I just happen to be a guy from the Midwest who hates East Coast media. Still, it will probably be one of the least watched Super Bowls in years, despite the commercials. Most in America just don't really care. Neither was particularly good in the season and it's an all Northeastern affair as well.

Still I'll probably take the Patriots to avenge their Perfect Season ending loss from a few years ago 31-21.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Patriots will win this. Never liked the Giants. Patriots, Seahawks and Dolphins are teams I like although can't say I'm really a fan of these teams. Expecting a good game today. I think Manning will be the key one way or the other.

Seattle Seahawks for me and Dan Marino was the best player ever

i know thats got nowt to do with the superbowl but hey-ho

Must agree. I've watched both NFL semifinals this weekend and was just thinking yesterday that there probably will never be a player who can make me as excited about the game as Marino did. Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith came often close but although they won more nobody can take Marino's place as my favourite player of all time.

Seattle Seahawks for me and Dan Marino was the best player ever

i know thats got nowt to do with the superbowl but hey-ho

I like to watch Rodgers for Green Bay, what an accurate throw he's got when he's on form. The guys who catch aren't bad either. Sometimes it all happens so quick I wonder what just happened and have to wait for the replay.

I've booked to do Florida next year (January) and I'm looking forward to taking in a big sporting event. Don't mind what it is, just want to feel the atmosphere.

In January you can at least go see NHL team Florida Panthers. They have a decent team. Third in their conference at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked to do Florida next year (January) and I'm looking forward to taking in a big sporting event. Don't mind what it is, just want to feel the atmosphere.

There's also a Miami Heat(NBA) game you could probably take in. I'd pay a lot of money to watch LeBron, even if I do hate his guts.

I'm not sure when single game ticket sales open. Probably sometime before the start of the season it'll open up. Unless the Heat are on some massive road game swing, it shouldn't be too hard. Any elite team is obviously going to sell out fast so I would buy as soon as possible. I know StubHub is a big ticket exchange if you wanna find cheaper tickets than what Pro team in question would be selling them for, but I don't know if that's as popular in the Southeast as it is in the Midwest where I am. If the Panthers or Heat aren't playing at home while your in Florida, there's always the Orlando Magic but the Magic's atmosphere isn't very good and the experience would be especially worthless when Dwight Howard is out of there since the Magic will then be truly turrible.

It's too bad you probably won't be in town during the NFL season, but also a good thing. The Dolphins, Jags, and Bucs atmospheres are horrendus and all are known for getting blacked out on local television for not selling enough tickets. The Bucs do have a giant pirate ship that's a part of their stadium, that is cool.

I would suggest a college basketball game should be a thought for a truly awesome American sporting event in January. But your visiting Florida and every Florida school considers Basketball to be an afterthought as compared to football, so it wouldn't give you a good idea at all of what College sports truly can be. Unless Kentucky is playing at Florida, I wouldn't suggest that route.

No you don't. As a Kansas City Chiefs fan, I don't want a bunch of ya'll to pick up the St. Louis version of the Rams as your team.

St. Louis Rams is a horrible team. As was L.A. Rams. We are the real deal. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> By the way as you follow also basketball what on earth is happening there, I've noticed that Clippers is a winning team. I can't remember that happening in 25 plus years I have followed NBA.

St. Louis Rams is a horrible team. As was L.A. Rams. We are the real deal. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> By the way as you follow also basketball what on earth is happening there, I've noticed that Clippers is a winning team. I can't remember that happening in 25 plus years I have followed NBA.

LOB CITY. That's what happened. They worked out a deal to get Chris Paul from New Orleans(after the league blocked a deal for Chris Paul to the Lakers), to work in tandem with their young stud of a power forward Blake Griffin. Lots of dunks/alley oops between the two have been going down.

Just to give you an idea of how awesome Blake Griffin truly is.

• 2 weeks later...

I know ya'll don't like piped in music over there. I'm not a fan of a lot of it. Unless you have proper crowd engagement, it just comes off weird. But the Wisconsin 3rd quarter jump around will take no slander towards it. This is my one dream in my college fandom life. To make my way to Camp Randall Stadium and take part while hammered along wit the rest of the Wisky student section Skip to 0:41.

Archived