whinging

p.shilton

Beats me matey.

i try not to be too harsh on them as it sounds like they're young school children. (i.e. We should have signed Alan Smith, the' big target man' on loan, rather than a highly regarded youngster who's played european football with Tottenham.)

I think this may refer to one of my posts. Young school children? Hardly. I've followed this club for 31 years, had my first season ticket in 1982 and have probably spent more cash and travelled further following this club through good times and bad than most posters on this forum, so I think my views, negative or otherwise, are as valid as anyone elses. I am negative about things because I don't honestly see where we are heading as a club. I don't rate Nigel as a manager; I don't like the way the team plays football or how he treats players who don't fit his footballing philosophy. I don't trust the board, who seem to have no plan other than to continually cut costs to the bone and hope for the best with what we've got already plus a handful of loans every season. (You may see a highly regarded youngster, but I see a temporary loan signing being brought in to replace a permanent member of the squad).

I see a club with a massive fanbase that still turns up in higher numbers than virtually any other club in the Football League, a club that has got rid of numerous players this last couple of months and yet still doesn't seem to have any money to spend. I watch tinpot clubs like Peterboro bid nearly 2 million for two players and wonder why we're not in a position to do that.

I have no power to change things so the only way I can air my views is through this forum. If people don't like them, thats fine, thats what the forum is for, but don't make me out to be some kind of foolish child because I don't agree with you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit. I'm as fickle as the next football fan.

I used to be in the Clough out brigade. (around the Forest/ Crawley defeats.)

But fair play to him, he's turned it around. He was truly hurt after the Forest game and he says the hurt will never go away.

He's a young manager learning from mistakes at this level and i have no doubt that in another 10 years or so he will be considered a top manager.

I can't think of anyone who could do better for us without getting us in a mess financially.

He ain't that young. He's been a manager for almost 15 years.

Forgot to add... Bloody moaners moaning about moaners who moan and moan and moan!!! Whats's world coming too.

I think this may refer to one of my posts. Young school children? Hardly. I've followed this club for 31 years, had my first season ticket in 1982 and have probably spent more cash and travelled further following this club through good times and bad than most posters on this forum, so I think my views, negative or otherwise, are as valid as anyone elses. I am negative about things because I don't honestly see where we are heading as a club. I don't rate Nigel as a manager; I don't like the way the team plays football or how he treats players who don't fit his footballing philosophy. I don't trust the board, who seem to have no plan other than to continually cut costs to the bone and hope for the best with what we've got already plus a handful of loans every season. (You may see a highly regarded youngster, but I see a temporary loan signing being brought in to replace a permanent member of the squad).

I see a club with a massive fanbase that still turns up in higher numbers than virtually any other club in the Football League, a club that has got rid of numerous players this last couple of months and yet still doesn't seem to have any money to spend. I watch tinpot clubs like Peterboro bid nearly 2 million for two players and wonder why we're not in a position to do that.

I have no power to change things so the only way I can air my views is through this forum. If people don't like them, thats fine, thats what the forum is for, but don't make me out to be some kind of foolish child because I don't agree with you.

I made the child comment as it didn't seem you was old enough to know who Alan Smith is. He's a 5 foot 10 defensive midfielder who has scored 2 goals in 7 years. You seemed to think he was a big striker in the mould of steve howard. You made out MK Dons were being more ambitious than us by signing Alan Smith on loan.

Surely its more ambitious to get Carroll on loan as he will be more hungry to prove himself as a professional footballer.

I made the child comment as it didn't seem you was old enough to know who Alan Smith is. He's a 5 foot 10 defensive midfielder who has scored 2 goals in 7 years. You seemed to think he was a big striker in the mould of steve howard. You made out MK Dons were being more ambitious than us by signing Alan Smith on loan.

Surely its more ambitious to get Carroll on loan as he will be more hungry to prove himself as a professional footballer.

Those of us old enough to remember will know that Alan Smith started his career as a striker, he may not be as big as Stevie Howard but he put himself about a bit as he does now, dont think he would do a job in this league though (IMO)

As to which one is the more ambitious move, well thats also a debateable one, for a club the size of MK Dons, I would guess this is quite a coup for them and will probably add a few people to there gates, whereas had he come to the Rams it would not have been.

As for Carroll, well who knows, he could turn out to be the next osman, but he could also turn out to be the next "figo" Costa, unless you have seen him play ?

To be honest mate i haven't seen him play.

Nigel Clough saying he's a good player is easy not to believe too as he's bound to say that.

But the staff at Tottenham seem to think he's got a very bright future for them.

Apparently he's small but strong and will calm play down, being a great passer of the ball.

well, lets see what the guy can do. If he is as good as they say he can only improve the team. It is also quite reassuring that other managers are willing to send out their youngsters to us as many people are disputing Nige's arm around-the-shoulder management. If it was the case then managers wouldn't send their youngsters here for fear of Nige upsetting 'em

I bet you haven't especially being all the way up in Leeds- I bet the lads virtually unheard of up there, whereas here he is a household name. I am sure Smith is an unknown up there too 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Aye, it's been an educational day for me, didn't know he was a household name, and never knew jake Buxton was a midfield dynamo that broke play up and set up counter attacking football, u learn something new every day ;-)

Anyhow i now hoping that come 11pm for a point or 3 and no further players out the door.

Archived