I think we Deserve a proper signing!

Barman

In your case, I suppose so. In David Glass's case. No. The man is as slithery as a snake, and ruined one of the finest Baseball clubs out there. And Royals still go out to the ballpark to watch our young talent while we still have it. I've never been to a Royals win in person and I've been to quite a few Royals games.

Not sure I understand your first post,ROK.The Wiki piece seems to indicate that Glass slashed costs for personal gain,yet you seem to be suggesting that we might see big dividends from our own owners' cost cutting.Did you mean big dividends for us or them?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I understand your first post,ROK.The Wiki piece seems to indicate that Glass slashed costs for personal gain,yet you seem to be suggesting that we might see big dividends from our own owners' cost cutting.Did you mean big dividends for us or them?

No, what I'm saying is that ya'll complain about this Board a lot. But in comparison things look nice for the Rams in comparison to what the Royals got going. Sure, DCFC isn't a Premiere League squad but at least the Rams have played at the top in the recent era. The Royals in comparison have not made the Playoffs since they won it all in 85', and almost without fail lost over 100 games in a 162 game season. A national laughingstock we've been, but hey we went 70-92 this year so there's that.

Costcutting can be viewed one of two ways. Either it's cutting costs with no care for the product(The Royal Way), or cutting cost to create financial stability(seems to be the Rams way). I could be wrong on that, but seriously if this ownership group is anything like David Glass I'm just going to go cry myself to sleep on a litre of Whiskey when that realization(hopefully not)comes.

No, what I'm saying is that ya'll complain about this Board a lot. But in comparison things look nice for the Rams in comparison to what the Royals got going. Sure, DCFC isn't a Premiere League squad but at least the Rams have played at the top in the recent era. The Royals in comparison have not made the Playoffs since they won it all in 85', and almost without fail lost over 100 games in a 162 game season. A national laughingstock we've been, but hey we went 70-92 this year so there's that.

Costcutting can be viewed one of two ways. Either it's cutting costs with no care for the product(The Royal Way), or cutting cost to create financial stability(seems to be the Rams way). I could be wrong on that, but seriously if this ownership group is anything like David Glass I'm just going to go cry myself to sleep on a litre of Whiskey when that realization(hopefully not)comes.

Thanks for that.Of course,cost cutting might also indicate that owners have no intention of putting in more investment (on the grounds that if there were to be no intention of putting in more cash,then you have to create the conditions wherein this doesn't have to happen).

Thanks for that.Of course,cost cutting might also indicate that owners have no intention of putting in more investment (on the grounds that if there were to be no intention of putting in more cash,then you have to create the conditions wherein this doesn't have to happen).

So another option: They just wanna hang around Football League forever don't they? Frack.

So another option: They just wanna hang around Football League forever don't they? Frack.

Brett Wilson seems to like the FL,but appears to view the PL as a place for "the big boys and their toys". Out of interest,how did you become a Rams fan?

According to this site [url=http://news.cnet.com/Techies-dominate-list-of-richest-Americans-under-40/2100-1017_3-245314.html]http://news.cnet.com...7_3-245314.html Jeff Mallet is worth $805 million, don't know if its true or not but wouldn't be far off if he plays such a high profile role in a company like Yahoo!.

No, we wouldn't want Alan Smith, but I'd of taken Matt Tubbs & Billy Sharp any day.

Are these youth players ever gonna reach premier league standards? I doubt it, cynical I know. Also, even if they were to make it to a high standard they'd need better players around them, you get better by training with better players, everyone knows this.

Extremely cynical, given that we've had players like Riggott and Huddlestone come through the ranks. Weren't WBA rumoured to be interested in Hendrick earlier in the season?

The Matt Tubbs thing is ridiculous. Clough gets ridiculed for signing lower league players, then people suggest signing Matt Tubbs. Honestly.

Billy Sharp is a fair point, but we can't afford to throw money at him like Leicester can. People think because he's good we can just get him ahead of everyone else. It doesn't work like that.

You get better by training with better players, yes. I bet if you ask Hendrick how much he's learned from Bryson, the answer would be probably 'quite alot'. Same with O'Brien and Shackell. If we got a player in from the Premiership who wasn't that much better than what we've got (because let's face it, that'll be all we can afford), and he gets picked ahead of one of our younger players that's doing well, how do you think that would affect them?

Brett Wilson seems to like the FL,but appears to view the PL as a place for "the big boys and their toys". Out of interest,how did you become a Rams fan?

I can respect that then I suppose. The Premiere League has never intrested me so much, simply because no American footy fan knows anything outside of PL, the Old Firm, and Real/Barca when it comes to international but they lord it in your face like snooty little punks. To be honest that's part of the reason I became a Derby County fan. Well that and watching "The Damned United" and being like, this "soccer" thing is fairly cool. Took me awhile of watching games to become truly intrested or understand any of it but once I kinda did, I picked out a team. Derby County kinda just fits me from all I could find out about it. And I read a couple of Wikipedia articles and was like well I liked that movie and I like the profile of Derbyshire and Derby County; suppose I'll be a Ram. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to it, but once I choose a team to support I'm a diehard who doesn't sway about like dust in the wind like some bandwagon jumpers.

The one that he put his hands up and caught, really ? you are taking the mickey ? I am lost for words and take it all back, you have just proved to me that we were indeed the better team, no point debating any further :-)

Proves how much you were watching he did not catch it he had to tip it over the post

Anybody else read this in a Kansas accent?

Get yersen daaan ter Derby n you'll be rayt me duck.

And to address the original idea of this thread,the clue is in what NC said about a month ago,when he said that the academy kids are the future as theres not much money around.... looking at the team my feeling is that he has decided to go the youth route,investing time and resourses in youth,whether its ours or another promising youngster from spurs or where ever... and slowly develop a senior side over years with a strong academy/youth support.

The added bonus for the board is that its inexpensive(reletavely) to develop youth,with the added bonus that they can sell them.

Not a totally revolutionary concept Crewe have done it for years, i just hope the board have a bigger picture than Crewe.

I think when the time is right,NC will add 'bigger' signings to compliment the youth coming through,as,as has been suggested,a blend of youth and experience/quality is ususally the way forward....

So i dont expect NC's signings to all be a success,as choosing youth has a inbuilt success/failiure ratio, and i think a mix of youth and experience/quality to be added in the summer.

I just hope we dont get the same bullsh!t from Glick about ST's,also i wish they would come out and tell us their plan for the 'Global Brand' the eluded to..........rather than us guessing as i have,we all have !

If we knew we might be all excited ?

Ok,breathe........... i feel better now, i'll go and sit in a darkend room for a while 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Just to follow on from nfb's point.

You build a business from the ground up and develop, expand it through revenues that you generate, yes when times are hard you borrow money from a bank and do your dam best to pay it back on time, or sooner. Football should be run like that, hence why FFP has come about, and why lower league clubs are all for it.

Look at the activity this transfer window, miniscule by most years, and the reason for this is because it artificially inflates the value of players, clubs that have gambled in the summer and are now falling short (aka Leicester) panic and panic buy, and they are held to a virtual ransom, or take a risk on a player that may have been 2nd or 3rd choice, because 1st choice is too expensive or moved somewhere else.

I read somewhere that more players this summer than at any time before will be out of contract, should make for an interesting summer.

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday was so negative, but while we lost a game last night, it seems very positive today.

I'm so proud of the way this club is being run at the moment.

People say we lack ambition. But this plan the Americans came in with must have been one of the most ambitious in the country.

I can respect that then I suppose. The Premiere League has never intrested me so much, simply because no American footy fan knows anything outside of PL, the Old Firm, and Real/Barca when it comes to international but they lord it in your face like snooty little punks. To be honest that's part of the reason I became a Derby County fan. Well that and watching "The Damned United" and being like, this "soccer" thing is fairly cool. Took me awhile of watching games to become truly intrested or understand any of it but once I kinda did, I picked out a team. Derby County kinda just fits me from all I could find out about it. And I read a couple of Wikipedia articles and was like well I liked that movie and I like the profile of Derbyshire and Derby County; suppose I'll be a Ram. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to it, but once I choose a team to support I'm a diehard who doesn't sway about like dust in the wind like some bandwagon jumpers.

Your just here for the glory aren't you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Are we witnessing the birth of the GLOBAL BRAND............ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday was so negative, but while we lost a game last night, it seems very positive today.

I'm so proud of the way this club is being run at the moment.

People say we lack ambition. But this plan the Americans came in with must have been one of the most ambitious in the country.

"Came in with"? I couldn't see the Jan 08 spree as being particulary prudent (or supported by the income for that year),nor could I see the 08/09 wage bill run up by them.AP said that it was competitive,but too high,and that they'd have to get it down that year.He also said that if not promoted that year it would have to be trimmed back.The addition of an expensive Varney,amongst others, appeared to represent their effort to bring it down that year.

Therefore,we cut back a wage bill that had been built up by this administration and then call it one of the most ambitious plans around?

So the huuuuuge debt was the current boards fault?

They've learned their lesson. Made an ambitious plan and stuck to it.

What huge debt,exactly? The only fair way to judge the LOG is to examine the position at the end of 07/08,as they were responsible for all the income generated (though not for all the expenditure).I don't consider £21.811m to be particularly huge-that's a word more appropriate to the position they inherited.

When the £10m+ was repaid out of the first chute payment,it would actually represent a reduction of debt on top of that stated earlier.Now I can see people scratching their heads and thinking 'well,why didn't it then-why were we talking of reducing it to £15m?'. The simple answer to that is that our great debt reducers borrowed £9m+,secured predominantly against the second chute payment (never told you that,did they?). 'But they had to borrow because most of the first chute was gone' I hear you saying.Well,maybe if they hadn't bought Sav,Tito,Sterjovski,Carroll and Stubbs and loaned Mills,Robert and Ghaly ,with the Prem wage implications of all (net of savings on Oakley/Howard),then the situation might have been somewhat different.

Anybody else read this in a Kansas accent?

Get yersen daaan ter Derby n you'll be rayt me duck.

Actually, Kansans are actually famous for not having an accent whatsoever, at least in America. It's why almost any newsperson has a midwestern accent infact because it's the easiest for people to pickup no matter the region.

Archived