I think we Deserve a proper signing!

Barman

Watching the game on saturday there wasn`t much to cheer about to be honest. We make some great results but it`s clear to see that NC is happy to carve them out match by match, speculating in that equal parts of luck and team effort will do the trick. It has in some ways, but it is not a pretty sight. Us, the fans seem to never lose faith and has put up with some strange stuff the last couple of years. We have seen some broken promises and clever american PR from the board, some strange buyings, several estranged, moody relations to his own players and tactical helplessness from NC. The last one was throwing Buxton in with eight minutes to go against Stoke. Did he think we would advance with 0-2?

Now would be the time to give us that one deal that could secure an exciting last part of the season. That would make us able to compete right up there within reaching the Play-offs, that midfielder boss we need so desperatly. The one that can make our strikers look like strikers. And nothing happened. Again. Just NC talking about his loans as if nothing really mattered. So, I`ve not giving up, not going into any depression or end my interest and love for the club. I just feel we deserve some real recognition.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the game on saturday there wasn`t much to cheer about to be honest. We make some great results but it`s clear to see that NC is happy to carve them out match by match, speculating in that equal parts of luck and team effort will do the trick. It has in some ways, but it is not a pretty sight. Us, the fans seem to never lose faith and has put up with some strange stuff the last couple of years. We have seen some broken promises and clever american PR from the board, some strange buyings, several estranged, moody relations to his own players and tactical helplessness from NC. The last one was throwing Buxton in with eight minutes to go against Stoke. Did he think we would advance with 0-2?

Now would be the time to give us that one deal that could secure an exciting last part of the season. That would make us able to compete right up there within reaching the Play-offs, that midfielder boss we need so desperatly. The one that can make our strikers look like strikers. And nothing happened. Again. Just NC talking about his loans as if nothing really mattered. So, I`ve not giving up, not going into any depression or end my interest and love for the club. I just feel we deserve some real recognition.

I think there was plenty to cheer on Saturday. Footballing wise we were better than a team in the Europa League, and were undone by a fair bit of gamesmanship, and direct football. On another day we could have forced a replay, or won. I don't think many were that disappointed with Saturday.

I thought about this and thought if Glicky got his friends to part with 4 million we could have Ridgewell and Maynard and we would be playing prem football next year, I can see what your saying and know what you mean it just isnt going to happen mate, we are going to do this slowly with a young hungry squad!!!

I think there was plenty to cheer on Saturday. Footballing wise we were better than a team in the Europa League, and were undone by a fair bit of gamesmanship, and direct football. On another day we could have forced a replay, or won. I don't think many were that disappointed with Saturday.

I went on Saturday, with about 8 others, not one of us thought we looked anywhere near as good as Stoke, who never really got out of second gear.

I was not disappointed with the result, I was though in the manner that we got beat, we didnt even give it a go, both through lack of quality players, and poor management.

Face it,our belt has been tightened smaller than a size zero model's ready for Glick's pre-renewal date spin about proven c'ship player's being bought in the summer. We'll be going for it next year He'll say. Can't fault the finances being sorted out but a club of our size should have some better quality in the team but our owners are only shareholders not investors!

And regarding the use of Buxton on saturday, Can anyone explain that to me?

Damage limitation?

Seems to have miffed a lot of people but I didn't really mind our performance on saturday. We lost to 2 set pieces, not because we were getting carved open, over-run, cut apart with Stokes passing. Baileys been carrying a knock, Hendrick only just back to first team football, I can see why Nige changed it up abit. Losing 2-0 to the 8th best team in the country is no embaressment, especially when we have 2 more important games in the next 7 days.

Buxton was brought on to try and break up the play and break on the counter- what would you have done differently? (Not aimed at you TIbbs, but the original whinger poster).

It is easy to forget how many players we bought in the summer- one 2 million pound player wouldn't have made us a premiership team- maybe got us relegated as there was not enough quality elsewhere on the pitch. We brought a lot of players in and it improved us. You can't expect it every transfer window, especially in January when the team are getting results.

ohhhh. So being unbeaten in 5 (?) isn't making a go of it?

I don't really think we have any reason to complain.

We are doing really well on and off the pitch and we're in a very good financial state.

We'd have good reason to complain if we were Leicester, Forest, even West Ham. (Spent so much money yet not running away with it.)

Have patience, we don't NEED premier league right now.

I went on Saturday, with about 8 others, not one of us thought we looked anywhere near as good as Stoke, who never really got out of second gear.

I was not disappointed with the result, I was though in the manner that we got beat, we didnt even give it a go, both through lack of quality players, and poor management.

Eh?

We passed the ball around them a fair bit. They scored from two crosses and constantly moaned about every tackle or collision. Typical Stoke. Particulalry in the first half Ward had the beating of Wilkinson, which showed when got hacked down. We obviously watched completely different games but I (and most people around me) were pleased with the way we played and felt we deserved more. Cue the 'that's the level of ambition we've now reached, happy to be beaten by Stoke' comments - I wasn't happy we got beat, I just thought we played better stuff. They were more effective.

If we'd played like them and won half the people on this forum would have had a go at Clough and his negative tactics, saying that they're not happy even if we are winning if we play like that. So basically, no matter what, it's poor management.

As an aside, didn't Glick the spin doctor/liar/con man/clown/w*nker say that we would build a side that could compete for the top six? That's open to debate but in my opinion four points off in January counts as competing.

Buxton was brought on to try and break up the play and break on the counter- what would you have done differently? (Not aimed at you TIbbs, but the original whinger poster).

It is easy to forget how many players we bought in the summer- one 2 million pound player wouldn't have made us a premiership team- maybe got us relegated as there was not enough quality elsewhere on the pitch. We brought a lot of players in and it improved us. You can't expect it every transfer window, especially in January when the team are getting results.

Break up the play and play on the counter attack ? We were 2 nil down, and we were wanted to play on the counter attack with under 10 minutes left, got to be a first on me that one.

And why a 2 million pound player, why not a good addition to an area we need it, we were short up front, and out wide on Saturday, as we have been for most of the season, even NC says we are 2-3 players short, a couple of players in these areas to give us quality in depth would set up us nice for the rest of the season.

Damage limitation?

Seems to have miffed a lot of people but I didn't really mind our performance on saturday. We lost to 2 set pieces, not because we were getting carved open, over-run, cut apart with Stokes passing. Baileys been carrying a knock, Hendrick only just back to first team football, I can see why Nige changed it up abit. Losing 2-0 to the 8th best team in the country is no embaressment, especially when we have 2 more important games in the next 7 days.

No losing to Stoke was not embarrassing, however they kept us at arm's length without much effort. What disapointed me most was that Begovic had so little to do.

I am patient and sorry to present myself as a whinger, but would like to watch some quality from us. We create very few chances and I think we are close to establish a pretty good team but instead of getting that last player on board we get rumours of selling the most influental one. And I agree with those saying we don`t need PL now. I just want us to be up there and be entertained a bit more often by a team I can relate to. I like this division to be honest, it`s a reminder of the good old days and far more charming than that slick PL.

Just makes me sad to see our great club reduced to signing kids from reserve teams in the Prem while other lesser teams are making good quality signings. Look at MK Dons - Alan Smith snapped up till the end of the season, Southampton getting Billy Sharp, even Bournemouth splashing the cash. Its demoralising, embarassing and unfair on us, and their appears to be no rhyme or reason to it. We've cleared out seven players this window, not including the ones we've loaned out, some of our highest wage earners,and yet there's still no money for wages or permanent signings.

I want to know what is going on at board level and why there is no significant inward investment. We are being taken for fools every season by this board, who in my view are only one notch above the criminals who exploited this club in the three amigos era.

I don't want to hear about Nigel 'waiting until the summer to sign NPC quality players' or 'we're building a young hungry team' or 'FFP is coming' - these are just excuses, when we should be demanding answers as to why one of the best supported clubs in the country is scratching around with no money to spend, while being owned by some of the richest businessmen on the planet.

Archived