Your all time classic tracks

froggg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

As has been said before, whoever came up with the lyric for this, and then pitched it successfully to the band, manager and label needs a medal as big as a dustbin lid......

Ha Ha!

I feel I must point out this isn't what I would actually consider an all time classic, and the date of my posting should be very much taken into consideration, along with our opponents (or rather their manager) on said date!  It was posted merely as a jape...

... and I'm now in danger of defending my actions too much, so I'll bid thee farewell!

On 24/11/2018 at 10:03, ronnieronalde said:

all time classics are impossible, so many. 

Listening to a lot of music lately, stumbled on this and love it, I think the live version is better, more energy.

She is a belter Different from the rest Diamonds on her finger And she always looks her best She is a gangster With a hundred mile stare When she walks Her feet don’t touch the flare She is a belter She plays wi lightning I’m a hundred miles high Dishing out the thunder Like a God inside the sky She is a dancer And she dances in my dreams Reminds me that the world Is not as evil as it seems She is a belter No happy endings Unless fairytales come true But she looks like a princess And there’s not much else to do I think I love her She gets underneath my skin But I’ve been stung a few times So I don’t let no one in No even belters She is a belter x3 How can she reach me When I’m high above the shelf Lost inside a smoke ring While I ponder to myself Is she the answer To the question in my mind is happiness an option Or has love just turned me blind Is she a belter No happy endings Unless fairytales come true But she looks like a princess And there’s not much else to do I think I love her She gets underneath my skin But I’ve been stung a few times So I don’t let no one in No even belters She is a belter x3

I think Indie music, in its purest form, is dying out. The bands still going, that have created new music, have tailored their approach and sound incredibly different to how they used to. I just don't think it's seen as popular anymore, yet when you see the likes of Gerry Cinnamon, for want of a better word, a busker with no record deal, pulling in the crowds and energy that he does then it inspires hope that there is a chance it will come back. 

Saying that, not many bands are coming through, not that I'm saying that they don't exist, but the last indie bands to make a mark in the public eye haven't really taken the market by storm. I guess that the 1975, who are repulsive, market themselves as an indie band, but they're no more an indie band than Busted or McFly was. 

Anyway, if you get chance, look on his twitter page: 

That was a few days ago, as the warm up act for Courteeners in Scotland. I saw him in Leeds and can confidently say that no warm up act I've ever seen has even come close. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Good looking girl as well

I'm far from a music buff, but this is one of my all time favourite tracks, most certainly my favourite/most played single music vid... and 100% agree on your comment too, naturally!

Still going strong apparently, despite being a few days shy of 75 by the time the next Play Off final comes round.  

A true "Voice of an angel".  One in a billion!  

Muckerette has seen her live (Early '80's)... and I hate her for continually gloating about it!  LOL!

On 07/12/2018 at 23:48, Ambitious said:

I think Indie music, in its purest form, is dying out. The bands still going, that have created new music, have tailored their approach and sound incredibly different to how they used to. I just don't think it's seen as popular anymore, yet when you see the likes of Gerry Cinnamon, for want of a better word, a busker with no record deal, pulling in the crowds and energy that he does then it inspires hope that there is a chance it will come back. 

Saying that, not many bands are coming through, not that I'm saying that they don't exist, but the last indie bands to make a mark in the public eye haven't really taken the market by storm. I guess that the 1975, who are repulsive, market themselves as an indie band, but they're no more an indie band than Busted or McFly was. 

Anyway, if you get chance, look on his twitter page: 

That was a few days ago, as the warm up act for Courteeners in Scotland. I saw him in Leeds and can confidently say that no warm up act I've ever seen has even come close. 

Got tickets to go see him on his own tour in Belfast in August. Tickets sold out in minutes for his tour and luckily stumbled across his Belfast show as an extra added date. 

He’s a breathe of fresh air. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived