Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

Derby County manager Nigel Clough says striker Tomasz Cywka is available to leave on a free transfer.

The Polish striker, 23, last featured in the 2-0 home defeat against Hull City in November and he has only started three games this season.

Clough says it makes sense to let Cywka go as he will not be offered a contract when his deal expires in the summer.

"He is on a free so he can get sorted out now and get settled in somewhere," Clough told BBC Radio Derby.

A move back to Poland fell through last week and Clough has already signed Sunderland striker Ryan Noble on a loan deal in the January transfer window.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16634548.stm

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed emotions on my part, while I do think he is a good prospect there is no point in him hanging around if he isn't going to get a chance in the first team, similar scenario to Majewski down the road.

Think he would be a good signing for clubs in this division though, would be dynamite in the division below!

Best of luck to Tommy though, he has always had our support! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

With cywka i was always worried that there would be no end product - then there was that game where he scored a real cracker (infact did he get two that day?) and i thought he'd kick in.

NC seems to think he won't, so best for him to move on.

There's little point in having player at the club that the management don't rate - that's just wasting everyone's time.

Against Watford last season, he had a blinder.. I thought he'd kicked in that day too, this season he looked a bit lost and a bit lightweight and the mauling Clough gave him last season really stunted his growth here, after that interview it was obvious he wasn't here for any long period of time, disappointing really, could of been a good player.

Cywka for free?

He'll be a cracking player for someone who has a fair manager.

He's too attack minded for Derby.

Still, if it was Cywka that lost the ball at Palace instead of Ward then we'd be paying someone else to take him. Lucky escape I suppose.

That Bueno was rubbish too.

Archived