Ross Wilson coming in from Watford as DOF???

spike1969

I dont know if I am repeating something that is already on another thread but seeing as I couldnt find it elsewhere here goes anyway....

Yesterday morning the Sunday People ran a very small paragraph that seems to have slipped past most peoples radar saying that Derby expect to bring in Ross Wilson from Watford as Director of Football in the next couple of weeks in order to make their behind the scenes transfer dealings more slick and efficient.

There was no further background or information and it appears that it has escaped any major debate or comment from the fans point of view.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just reading the RT Meeting with Glick thread as well and noticed this comment buried in there:

"DCFC are pursuing the recruitment of a 'Technical Director'; 'watch this space'."

For what its worth - I had some feedback from Watford fans on Twitter yesterday and the consensus seems to be that he is well thought of down there.

Went to Uni in 2000, so that could make him 30????

My brother is at uni now, he's 42!

Just seen that the bloke has only been full time at Watford since June- I wonder if we had approached him before he went there but he chose Watford instead and its gone t*ts up?

Can't believe that this guy would jump ship after just about 6 months at Watford. He was wanted by Mowbrey when he was at Falkirk and did a great job there with their recruitment and would be an interesting appointment, but would you believe anything in the Sunday People! One thing I read is that he has no coaching experience and so his remit would not threaten the coaching stuff, just enhance the recruitment side. Graham was very impressed by the impact he made at Watford. Sounds like he would be a very useful addition if it were to happen. Still doubt it will happen, so will watch this space.

I was hoping for an existing figurehead of sorts, and preferably one that has previous done great service to derby County FC. Someone like Mark Arthur - He's done more to improve the mood and general wellbeing of Derby County fans for a good few years now.

Archived